MrPoopie JFO WIP

The Wayner

04795A0B-D50D-459F-AB66-50845415A1B0.jpg369E851B-B637-4908-BD31-7F4C771F0966.jpgBF2400C4-F92F-43B2-9CB8-697734892806.jpg2410951A-FF91-414A-BFDE-1F41D4432519.jpgF2FC62AF-72DE-4FBD-ACD3-51F6F669BB65.jpg806DE328-0163-400C-931B-6A939FDFB6EB.jpg51B4A017-F658-494E-ABCF-EAE7FB8F2884.jpg

Funny how this paper towel roll almost meets your dimensions  lol  

The sling wasn’t too hard to rough one out  Made a pouch @9” and then cut 1/4” foam strips little less than 1.75” x 6” long. Then sew along edges. Made cuts into material and weaved 1” straps through close to MrPoopie’s screen grabs  

• Haha 1

So we're going to call these parts:  Walkman, Paper Towel, and Cattle Prod? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Paper Towel (Battery) is finalized, it looks the same as before I just scaled it to better match the proper dimensions. The Walkman (Control Box) is finalized and will fit a normal sized speaker inside. I made mounting slots for magnets on the box as well as the backplate. This will enable people to put their speaker inside while keeping a clean look. There's a slot in the front which I left cut out which should allow a bit of speaker noise to come through. We'll have to figure out how to mount this to the harness but I think the idea of using belt clips of some kind would work best. Holes for th eclipse can easily be drilled through a 3D printed part too. Maybe we use 2 clips to attach to the horizontal belt and another sideways clip to attach to the vertical belt. That should keep everything tightly in place.

I'll be going back to the Cattle Prod next as well as finishing up the handguard parts.

49235578551_633f9dfd9c_b.jpg

49235806062_a1693174bb_b.jpg

49235806132_c3512d903f_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Buckle

49240490201_fca7147fbb_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cattle Prod

Still need to do the knurling on the handle but otherwise it's complete.

49240996817_549573fa17_b.jpg

49240308293_cf8f80bcf8_b.jpg

49240308363_92a96f6eba_b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrPoopie said:

A little bit, still working on those models as well. It's more like my normal work is taking a break. Thankfully I work for myself and from home most of the time.

The biggest problem is that I'm down a printer right now and trying to figure out what's wrong to get it back running again.

@MrPoopie if you can get @The Wayner's harness and have @MrsPoopie make you a new bund with the proper number of ribs, we might have what we need for new CRL photos.

Oh you'll also need a new belt with black, leather-like straps instead of white nylon.  Maybe Gary Howe can help there.  

5 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Oh you'll also need a new belt with black, leather-like straps instead of white nylon.  Maybe Gary Howe can help there.  

Are you talking about using black leather (vinyl) instead of the normal nylon webbing on the belt backside? I know the photos don't even have a belt at the back (yeesh) but obviously we'll have to have something.

Just now, MrPoopie said:

Are you talking about using black leather (vinyl) instead of the normal nylon webbing on the belt backside? I know the photos don't even have a belt at the back (yeesh) but obviously we'll have to have something.

I've seen some where it looks like there is something there. And it appears to be black like a black leather belt

• Like 1

I was thinking the back of the belt was black 2” wedding? 
Also, are we plugging the hole for the rivet? This will decide if we need to add a new belt to the CRL. 
My harness is done-minus sewing up the battery sling in the right length and location. Can’t do it without a more accurate battery pack. 
Last part will be the red wires. I’m gonna say the two straps on the right shoulder harness holding down the wires are .5” elastic or .5” say material as harness. 
Still shopping for a good red wire to make it happen. 

If MrPoopie and I can workout a rough print of the “Walkman” box and a battery pack, I will make a bund, then send some full dress photos for you guys to see what everything looks like. 

Items I need to workout,

-wiring material

-knuckle taser

-bund

-belt strap

-neck seal 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

I was thinking the back of the belt was black 2” wedding? 
Also, are we plugging the hole for the rivet? This will decide if we need to add a new belt to the CRL. 
My harness is done-minus sewing up the battery sling in the right length and location. Can’t do it without a more accurate battery pack. 
Last part will be the red wires. I’m gonna say the two straps on the right shoulder harness holding down the wires are .5” elastic or .5” say material as harness. 
Still shopping for a good red wire to make it happen. 

The belt construction is different so you won't be able to use the standard Scout belt.  There's no rivet and that belt looks like black leather.

0d2866b8153423a9a9a4f32ba79792d3.jpg

Are we saying it's the same basic belt minus the extra flaps where the rivet holes are? So the belt just cuts off after the last boxes. 

4 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

Are we saying it's the same basic belt minus the extra flaps where the rivet holes are? So the belt just cuts off after the last boxes. 

That's the way it looks to me.  Easiest thing to do would probably be to buy a cheap black leather belt from Target and glue it to a Scout belt :D

• Like 1

Just now, BikerScout007 said:

That's the way it looks to me.  Easiest thing to do would probably be to buy a cheap black leather belt from Target and glue it to a Scout belt :D

Exactly what I was thinking. Trying not to over think it. 

• Like 2

Finally got the knurling on the handle done (PITA). The Cattle Prod model is complete, I just need to figure out a way mechanism for keeping it opened and closed besides friction.

49253628616_45e562ac10_b.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MrPoopie said:

Finally got the knurling on the handle done (PITA). The Cattle Prod model is complete, I just need to figure out a way mechanism for keeping it opened and closed besides friction.

49253628616_45e562ac10_b.jpg

Will there be a way to install a couple of small magnets to hold the baton to the battery pack? 

3 hours ago, The Wayner said:

Will there be a way to install a couple of small magnets to hold the baton to the battery pack? 

That's what I'm trying to figure out right now. I'm actually afraid that the whole Cattle Prod will be too heavy to actually mount to the battery pack without pulling the battery to one side and flipping it. This seems like one of those cases where it was never designed to be used in a real world with real physics. I can add a variant of the model that allows for magnets to be glued in and remain flush so that the prod can be holstered but I don't think it will work out well. We'll have to try it out once it's built and see how it all goes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

Wow, never thought about that either, but you may be right. 

This is a case where I'd like to be wrong.

Well I’ll assume someone would just hold it 99% of the time anyway. 
ex., you don’t see too many Sandtroopers with their T-21’s slinged over their shoulders. 

But you’re right, maybe when everything is printed and put in place we can see how to make it happen. 

5 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

Well I’ll assume someone would just hold it 99% of the time anyway. 
ex., you don’t see too many Sandtroopers with their T-21’s slinged over their shoulders. 

But you’re right, maybe when everything is printed and put in place we can see how to make it happen. 

Exactly. Maybe even a little hidden catch or something that holds the bulk of the Prod to the upper part of the harness near the shoulder. This would take the weight off the battery pack.

• Like 1

I think we can allow some “practical” applications in a Level 1. Especially since this isn’t movie canon and just a computer design. 

Will your version of this baton be hollow inside?

I’m thinking down the road if some wiring for the button and some led/wire for the taser part of the baton. Haven’t researched yet how this would be possible yet. 

1 hour ago, The Wayner said:

I think we can allow some “practical” applications in a Level 1. Especially since this isn’t movie canon and just a computer design. 

Will your version of this baton be hollow inside?

I’m thinking down the road if some wiring for the button and some led/wire for the taser part of the baton. Haven’t researched yet how this would be possible yet. 

It's not specifically hollow but I planned on making some tube channels internally built into the walls to run wiring. I was also planning on turning one of the fake buttons into a real button. As well as some mounting slots on the prongs for LEDs. I also had a thought about carving out some channels on the prod bar for some EL wire to make it look like it's electrified. These are just ideas and I'll need to find a place for batteries too but I have a couple of thoughts for that. 

• Like 1

First print of the Battery is done. As soon as I get the control box printed (running right now) I'll send them to @The Wayner and we'll get this show on the road. I'm done with the Prod just trying to finish out the internal magnets and then I'll start printing.

49259513027_b5c41c576b_b.jpg

49259323361_579e4d4244_b.jpg

49259512442_7ecdaf5796_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1