MrPoopie JFO WIP

The Wayner

Here's the link to the files so far. The Cattle Prod is not listed yet as I'm still trying to figure out some parts of the internal structure.

Do not distribute these files or give the link to anyone. They are only for personal use and not for reproduction or sale. As the CRL is not complete these are not finalized and still a work in progress.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j0rvqxryxx4gsbs/AABf379kVd6tGghC6h5NaqPDa?dl=0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Control box printing completed. Sending it out to get finished and setup. All those detail parts are printed separately so they can be painted more easily. 

IMG_20200105_210027

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Smokeshow said:

How much stroke does the retractable section of the staff have? Best guess

It extends 31cm (~12.2")

Color questions:

The control box-flat or satin black? Don’t see a sheen in the screen grabs so looks flat. 

Battery greeblies- gray or black. They look gray to me. Wire connection, ribs in middle, and end cap. 

Control box- some pics show red buttons, but Mr Poopies game screen grabs show some kid of different patterns. 

1 minute ago, The Wayner said:

Color questions:

The control box-flat or satin black? Don’t see a sheen in the screen grabs so looks flat. 

Battery greeblies- gray or black. They look gray to me. Wire connection, ribs in middle, and end cap. 

Control box- some pics show red buttons, but Mr Poopies game screen grabs show some kid of different patterns. 

I think we're sticking with in-game assets but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would say the control box is somewhere between satin and flat. It doesn't reflect very much at all so probably closer to flat.

The top battery greeble (near the red cables is gloss black. The other one on the side is probably matching as well. I think they're supposed to be black gloss almost a graphite metallic color. The same goes for the Staff, I think it's supposed to be metal so a gloss or graphite color. With the electrified end of the staff being almost shiny black metal. The buttons which look red are actually a weird silver mess on the in-game model. I was never able to figure out exactly what it was. I don't think someone ever meant for the camera to get that close. It's almost a mirror finish on the 3 vertical buttons.

Staff parts almost done. Just printing the handle right now, it'll be done tomorrow with the super neat knurling.

49381781968_ef2a4ab033_b.jpg

49382246151_3bc096dcc0_b.jpg

*Sorry, my sewing room is a bit of a mess after the holidays.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

I think we're sticking with in-game assets but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I would say the control box is somewhere between satin and flat. It doesn't reflect very much at all so probably closer to flat.

The top battery greeble (near the red cables is gloss black. The other one on the side is probably matching as well. I think they're supposed to be black gloss almost a graphite metallic color. The same goes for the Staff, I think it's supposed to be metal so a gloss or graphite color. With the electrified end of the staff being almost shiny black metal. The buttons which look red are actually a weird silver mess on the in-game model. I was never able to figure out exactly what it was. I don't think someone ever meant for the camera to get that close. It's almost a mirror finish on the 3 vertical buttons.

Okay I think that helps. And the cooling fins on the battery I will do in matching gloss black. 

We can decide on the control box buttons later. I actually like if they were red. Make more continuity with the wires. 

Staff- how do you do the neat pattern in the handle? The staff looks good though. 

40 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

Okay I think that helps. And the cooling fins on the battery I will do in matching gloss black. 

We can decide on the control box buttons later. I actually like if they were red. Make more continuity with the wires. 

Staff- how do you do the neat pattern in the handle? The staff looks good though. 

I prefer the red too, there might be a case for a variation with either red or mirror but I think that needs to be decided by others higher up than me. 

The knurling was a slightly complicated process the first time I did it but looks good once I figured it out. 

On 1/13/2020 at 5:45 PM, The Wayner said:

We're going to go with the "Red" buttons like they are seen in the information screen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrPoopie said:

We're going to go with the "Red" buttons like they are seen in the information screen.

Yes.  I posted that somewhere but I'll just reiterate it here.  The 3d model of the Scout shown in the information screen is what we are going to use to base the CRL.  We will use the in-game troopers where we don't have enough info.

• Like 1

Sounds good. I like the look of the red buttons.

Status update - The neck seal is done. All the 3D parts ( battery, control box, buckle) have been sanded and primed. I'm just doing some touch-up sanding and extra layers of priming now. I'll start adding finish coats this weekend followed by clear coat. Bund WAS done, but since it's new material and I washed it, the size isn't right.....so I might have to do another. 

Next on list - red wiring, new jumpsuit, glove taser, belt alterations. 

• Like 1

After a shitload of painting I finally finished the Staff (Cattle Prod). The finish work isn't as super as I'd like it to be (I hate sanding) but I think it still looks pretty good. This should be CRL ready at this point.

49405565228_b0e1fcf93f_b.jpg

49406046096_348e435cc2_b.jpg

49405564083_450a73d2c8_b.jpg

49405565963_d60ac35f1c_b.jpg

49405566338_98f059bc23_b.jpg

49406244907_a9f90ecf7c_b.jpg

49406245477_fb5254039c_b.jpg

• Like 3

I received the tubing for the wiring.  Couple of issues I notice right out of the box. 

1.- it’s more orange than red. 

2.- it’s kinda stiff. I’m sure it can be heated and formed into shape but I’m worried about the part that runs down the arm not being flexible enough. I’ll cut and try a sample but regular red wire might be in order 

BikerScout007- what day you on the color? I think red makes sense. 

36 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

I received the tubing for the wiring.  Couple of issues I notice right out of the box. 

1.- it’s more orange than red. 

2.- it’s kinda stiff. I’m sure it can be heated and formed into shape but I’m worried about the part that runs down the arm not being flexible enough. I’ll cut and try a sample but regular red wire might be in order 

BikerScout007- what day you on the color? I think red makes sense. 

You could try red rubber tubing instead. 

The tubing seems to be a blend of orange and red.  Like a rusty red or something like that.  I think either would be fine.  That tubing you have in the pic above looks good to me. We aren't going to get that specific about the particular shade of orange-red.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

Thanks to BikerScout007 and MrPoopie for all the help you guys are providing.

Yes, this CRL is still a go. I've had some delays for family issues the last couple of months, but I'm fully committed to resume around the 1st of march. I know there's a few of you folks out there ready to see this thing come to life, as am I.

MrPoopie has provided me all the 3D prints I need to help this along. Once I get started, there are only of few little tasks to complete before we can get this new costume submitted. If we get the CRL, I will try to start a new thread listing examples of how it all came about and help any of you along.

It's coming. Stay tuned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 1:22 AM, The Wayner said:

Update.

Thanks to BikerScout007 and MrPoopie for all the help you guys are providing.

Yes, this CRL is still a go. I've had some delays for family issues the last couple of months, but I'm fully committed to resume around the 1st of march. I know there's a few of you folks out there ready to see this thing come to life, as am I.

MrPoopie has provided me all the 3D prints I need to help this along. Once I get started, there are only of few little tasks to complete before we can get this new costume submitted. If we get the CRL, I will try to start a new thread listing examples of how it all came about and help any of you along.

It's coming. Stay tuned.

How we doing on this, man?

• 1 month later...

Quick update. I've been working on many different parts the past week after I got a couple boxes of goodies from @The Wayner. Many of these things are still being worked on but I thought I post a few WIP pics. It's getting closer to being finished every day. My new armor should be delivered in a couple of days too.

49775344456_294980c441_b.jpg

49774816878_684274a901_b.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Awesome work!

• Thanks 1

Bund, Cox, and Neck Seal done. Most of the new armor is trimmed, hope to get the rest done tomorrow and start getting the strapping done. 

IMG_20200418_144301

IMG_20200418_181708

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Test Fit, normal and captain variant. Still need to paint the Tank Topper, Chest rectangle, tank stripes and rank bars. Also need to replace arm tubes, they ended up being a couple of inches too short. New boots are still a work in progress. I'm not sure these would pass CRL standards either. Damn this thing is warm with the extra neck seal, it just traps all the heat. 

Thanks again to @The Wayner for his harness and parts and painting contributions. He did bunch of work on this that I would have gotten pretty tired doing.

49799328338_903212b0b6_h.jpg

49799876191_81341e0d0d_h.jpg

49800183157_76e44e7cbc_h.jpg

49799875606_c7bc0b76c6_h.jpg

49800182542_dbd4357483_h.jpg

49800182212_52062cf9c0_h.jpg

49799874661_174e3689bb_h.jpg

49799874151_783fff51b2_h.jpg

49799873441_7df5186000_h.jpg

• Like 4