MrPoopie JFO WIP

The Wayner

3 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

You guys have any thoughts on sew patterns for connecting the shoulders to the belt? 
Also, sew or Velcro at the belt buckle?

C04B57C9-C09A-405A-B57B-C39467B4A8B4.jpeg

My thought at this point is that without good screenshots showing these details, I would just try to make the harness as functional as possible.  Whatever is easiest for the costumer to get this thing on and off would be best.  

• Thanks 1

Here's the screenshot dump. Hope it helps.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mrpoopie/albums/72157712168170508

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

OOOOOh Wow! These screen grabs are amazing!  This helps 100%.

The battery Pack looks so much more detailed than what I thought. I thought it would be a tube with some cooling fins but these pics take it to the next level.

Good view for me to build the sling for the battery pack. I'll be starting that this next week while I'm on vacation. Also, the belt buckle looks to just have some strapping slide over with a metal buckle cover. Not too hard to make.

The backside red wiring was another great view. Kinda weird how the sleeve wires just appear from the front to back wiring, but I guess that's the way it will be. (I think we can just use electrical cord, same as the wrap around TD and just paint red?)

That baton though! Wow, that might be the hardest part to build 3D. Lot of detail. But looks great.

This is so awesome to see an "upgrade" for a Scout finally! Add the Commander pauldron and we have a nice CRL addition coming!!

Thanks MrPoopie! LOL

• Like 1

I'm making new 3D models that reflect the better details we've got now. This is a WIP and I'll finish up the extra buttons on the front panel once I get a better shot of them later. I'll be working on the battery pack next then the staff/cattle prod last.

49209012031_da7b8db15a_b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More WIP pics. The Battery should pretty much be done except for the cattle prod mount. The size will be roughly the same but I'm not sure about the curve yet since I haven't decided on the prod tube width. If you decide to print this now though the holder will still fit in the designed slot even after resizing t match the prod. This will give you a better idea of how large the strapping needs to be for the harness.

If you want the files even though they aren't complete just give me a shout.

49210829936_8029e0d022_b.jpg

49210347238_7ae7f078e6_b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Something like the tubing below might work really well. It's very flexible unlike cable or RO tubing plus it will stretch since it's rubber. All the holes I created are for 1/4" tubing but obviously that can be changed if we find something better. This tubing is also hollow so you could run wires through it if someone finds a clever way t o light the cattle prod up.

https://smile.amazon.com/TOPRADE-Slingshot-Catapult-Accessories-Professional/dp/B07FL4DLTG/ref=sr_1_52?dchild=1&keywords=red+tubing&qid=1576200035&sr=8-52

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Wayner said:

Got my harness all sewn up and even added the cover for the buckle. 

Taking a closer look all these screenshots it seems that the front cover on the buckle (silver metal) as well as the hand guard and wire mount on the wrist seem to be metal (copper). This could just be 3D printed and painted to look metallic. I'm making the 3D models for the hand covers and I'll make the buckle too just in case anyone else wants it.

49226170491_acc37e7d35_b.jpg

49206272278_38903fc10e_b.jpg

49226170236_e6919d435d_b.jpg

31 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

Taking a closer look all these screenshots it seems that the front cover on the buckle (silver metal) as well as the hand guard and wire mount on the wrist seem to be metal (copper). This could just be 3D printed and painted to look metallic. I'm making the 3D models for the hand covers and I'll make the buckle too just in case anyone else wants it.

49226170491_acc37e7d35_b.jpg

49206272278_38903fc10e_b.jpg

49226170236_e6919d435d_b.jpg

I see that. I think we can add the metal buckle cover over the sleeve that slides over the buckle. It took me 10mins to make with 3” black strapping with some elastic sewn behind to slide over the buckle clip. Perhaps the 3D metal painted cover could cover that too. 

the hand taser looks like metal and sometimes like leather. But I agree it would be a metal look. I also see sew seams on outside edge? 

• Like 1

Yeah, it's probably sewn on but for our use I was thinking about how to do this without ruining a set of gloves that most of us would normally use with your Biker Scout. I was thinking about using a metal backer plate on the part that you see on the outside. and then some strong but thin magnets on the inside of the glove. Nothing too thick that they'll be annoying but strong enough to hold the plate  in place. The same goes for the other part on the wrist that has the wires coming out from it. You could always get a second pair of gloves but cutting and hand sewing into a set of leather gloves doesn't sound like a hoot to me.

• Like 1

I just noticed the harness setup and it looks like the control box goes right over the junction point on one of the front straps and the belt portion. NOt sure how we should go about  making an attachment on the control box. Any ideas?

42 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

I just noticed the harness setup and it looks like the control box goes right over the junction point on one of the front straps and the belt portion. NOt sure how we should go about  making an attachment on the control box. Any ideas?

Maybe instead of a vertical clip to hang on the belt, it’s a horizontal clip (or something) that hangs on the strap from shoulder? 

1 minute ago, The Wayner said:

Maybe instead of a vertical clip to hang on the belt, it’s a horizontal clip (or something) that hangs on the strap from shoulder? 

That's what I was thinking. Does the vertical strap some out from the top? Could it be threaded through the control box (backside) and then reattached at the top of the harness?

1 hour ago, MrPoopie said:

Yeah, it's probably sewn on but for our use I was thinking about how to do this without ruining a set of gloves that most of us would normally use with your Biker Scout. I was thinking about using a metal backer plate on the part that you see on the outside. and then some strong but thin magnets on the inside of the glove. Nothing too thick that they'll be annoying but strong enough to hold the plate  in place. The same goes for the other part on the wrist that has the wires coming out from it. You could always get a second pair of gloves but cutting and hand sewing into a set of leather gloves doesn't sound like a hoot to me.

So I’m like you, no need to ruin good pair or Wampa gloves for this. 
-Wires from shoulder to glove can have some kind of Velcro or connector inside. This will make easy to disconnect and take gloves off while trooping. 
-the connection from glove to knuckles I’m not sure how to make that removable for Scout changes. Magnets are an idea without sewing Velcro or gluing. 
-the hand taser is maybe the same. 

I’m finishing up a rough mock-up of the battery sling and then I’ll see what I can design or come up with for the knuckle taser. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

That's what I was thinking. Does the vertical strap some out from the top? Could it be threaded through the control box (backside) and then reattached at the top of the harness?

Well the harness I made is sewn tight at the belt. 
depending on how wide the box is, maybe we just add two TD style clips vertically on each side or the down strap from shoulder? Or smaller belt clips? 
i don’t see how we can not have the straps from shoulder sewn to belt. 

1 minute ago, The Wayner said:

Well the harness I made is sewn tight at the belt. 
depending on how wide the box is, maybe we just add two TD style clips vertically on each side or the down strap from shoulder? Or smaller belt clips? 
i don’t see how we can not have the straps from shoulder sewn to belt. 

Makes sense. I think we'll have to see how it all fits together. The box isn't going to be super lightweight so the straps will need to be tight especially since they're also holding the weight of the battery on the back and possibly even the staff. That's a lot of weight without it being form fitted and tight.

The 20 rib (or so) bund is going to be in the basic CRL.  That's not a detail that you need to squint to see.  it's pretty obvious just looking at it.

• Like 1

Control box is going to need a clip on the back to attach it to the belt somehow.  You know like a..... Walkman ;)

• Haha 1

I wonder if I can make the model so that the speaker we all use will fit inside there and still be heard, maybe some venting holes somewhere.

• Like 1

Battery final dimensions. Just want to know if this seems good to everyone.

Diameter (widest point):  Just slightly over 5.25"

Width for strapping harness (outer edge):  10.6", using 1" webbing straps

Total Width:  13.5"