MrPoopie JFO WIP

The Wayner

Wow, this really looks good! I’m so glad that we were able to get this going again. It looks great!! 
What a team effort. Sorry I couldn’t finish but so happy you took over and made it happen. 

love it! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Build details for my Jedi:Fallen Order Scout

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dragon_a said:

Did you manage to find a way to attach the greeblies to your gloves without having to glue or stitch them on permanently?

I did but I'm not very satisfied with it. I used some decent magnets on the underside of the parts as well as a set on the inside of the glove. This might work better if you have gloves that have the liner removed as the magnets won't be going through so much fabric. I'm trying to order another pair of WampWear gloves right now but they're currently out of stock in my size. It works for pictures but I wouldn't want to troop with just the magnets as they currently are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzp25jknqw2qjxz/20200617_004320.jpg?dl=0

Hello Mr. Poopie, first of all, thanks for your work with the 3D pieces, fantastic job. 

One question, how big is that part of the staff?  I already have the tube to make it, but I don't know the exact length

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kalessin said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rzp25jknqw2qjxz/20200617_004320.jpg?dl=0

Hello Mr. Poopie, first of all, thanks for your work with the 3D pieces, fantastic job. 

One question, how big is that part of the staff?  I already have the tube to make it, but I don't know the exact length

The main body is a 1 1/4" PVC pipe which is cut to 25" (63.5cm). The 1/2" wooden dowel for the cattle prod section is 15 3/4" (40cm).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kalessin said:

Thank you!  I needed to adapt to the existing tube measurements in Spain, but the project is progressing 🥳

If your tube is slightly smaller you might be able to print a sleeve to go between the printed parts and the tube or you could use a layer or two of shrink tubing. Just some ideas. Start a WIP page so we can watch your progress.

• Like 2

Yes, that's what I did, I printed a 1mm sleeve to fit the tube.

At the moment I only printed the pieces, I'm going slowly because I have other pending projects. 😅

It would be nice to do a wip, but my English level is quite bad and I was not going to be able to express myself well 😅

39 minutes ago, kalessin said:

Yes, that's what I did, I printed a 1mm sleeve to fit the tube.

At the moment I only printed the pieces, I'm going slowly because I have other pending projects. 😅

It would be nice to do a wip, but my English level is quite bad and I was not going to be able to express myself well 😅

Well if you feel like starting one or not, we're here to help. No judgement for language barriers, I'm sure you're perfectly fine. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

Well if you feel like starting one or not, we're here to help. No judgement for language barriers, I'm sure you're perfectly fine. 

Well said Justin! We’re here to help you be successful no matter what language you speak! 

¡Bien dicho Justin! ¡Estamos aquí para ayudarte a tener éxito sin importar el idioma que hables!  - via google translate

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrPoopie said:

Thank you!  I'll think about it when I go ahead with the project 😁😁😁

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/11/2019 at 5:05 PM, The Wayner said:

Side padding. 

435F37E6-5B3E-491C-B0BD-CBB77D81C389.jpeg

Any insight into the sizes of straps and where your got the buckles, and that padding piece, etc? Is it 2”?

The strapping is 2" black nylon webbing. The padding is made from lightweight foam (~1/4" thick) covered with black vinyl canvas. The canvas will have the smooth side outwards and the rougher fabric side inside. The lengths of each padded section will vary depending on your size. I think that I got most of the parts from Joann's Fabric, otherwise Amazon. The buckle is a 2" webbing buckle with a cover made from webbing with an elastic piece on the backside to keep is snug and a 3D printed buckle cover. 

Let me know if you need more pics or measurements. 

• 4 weeks later...

So, how does the towel strapping attach to the belt? Does it strap through the belt? Or maybe attached to the belt?

1 hour ago, jennyruth said:

So, how does the towel strapping attach to the belt? Does it strap through the belt? Or maybe attached to the belt?

I'm not sure what you mean by "towel".

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "towel".

Sorry, I think it’s actually the battery pack on the back. He had a towel roll in it.

The linked pic below might give you a better idea of how the battery cradle attaches to the belt. Basically it's sewn to the belt and then wraps around and has 2 velcro straps which hold everything together.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VvUh5tSoep1fUjov9

Here's the rest of the gallery with some pics that might help.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WLcn4EChJx2Vg7Fw5

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about the tubes from the arm. Do they just dead end at the shoulder? I assume the back and front ones are connected but I'm not sure where the arm ones go.
AM-JKLXWgNwZ8wuGLBCeYd9QBST9BQfwVW_EpeVQicdNnd-udXbaDpSVuJLwEBcvW6SKE4VwDy24s9yRN8PInFpi80b5FLVsupmrrkbf6YNMKqOJ6CUmy-oNT9Cg2QUQjBk6n_MDRduP5-VPDHF8cLKhS9AbUA=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

31 minutes ago, JR80 said:

I have a question about the tubes from the arm. Do they just dead end at the shoulder? I assume the back and front ones are connected but I'm not sure where the arm ones go.
AM-JKLXWgNwZ8wuGLBCeYd9QBST9BQfwVW_EpeVQicdNnd-udXbaDpSVuJLwEBcvW6SKE4VwDy24s9yRN8PInFpi80b5FLVsupmrrkbf6YNMKqOJ6CUmy-oNT9Cg2QUQjBk6n_MDRduP5-VPDHF8cLKhS9AbUA=w703-h937-no?authuser=0

The battery tubes go all the way to the front. The arm tubes dead end at the shoulder. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Riot Shield WIP. Not too much more to go. Once this is complete I'll add it to the rest of the 3D files and anyone who previously purchased them will get it for free.

52918487540_9b6c303255_b.jpg

52918099231_18ddffbf73_b.jpg

Looks fantastic. If you print this, I’d be very interested in knowing the final weight.

5 minutes ago, Aradun said:

Looks fantastic. If you print this, I’d be very interested in knowing the final weight.

I'm going to design it with an aluminum internal skeleton for support. It's not going to be super lightweight either. To be able to be structurally sound and for the handles to work they'll need to be aluminum as well. 

I was hoping you or one of the other JFOs would like to take on the build. 😁

• Haha 1