TB - Scout Trooper - The Mandalorian CRL drafting

2 hours ago, bobafett4ever said:

As for the buckles on the back of the belt... I'll have to see that to understand it.

Just to show how the clip is threaded in the back

000daf8b357e0b9a552db524f1766bca.jpg

update: Actually... there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies with the scouts. Here's another shot. I'm assuming the way you choose to wear them will be optional. I don't think there's one Scout in the show which looks the same. You can also clearly see no strap on the tank. 

scout Back.JPG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Vmax1974 said:

From what I can tell it's almost entirely 25mm (1") non roll ribbed elastic

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Excellent.  Hence, I'm assuming the hole to put them through will be smaller too to adjust for the smaller size of the strap being used, correct?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bobafett4ever said:

Excellent.  Hence, I'm assuming the hole to put them through will be smaller too to adjust for the smaller size of the strap being used, correct?

I just did the strapping on my WTF kit and I have to say that the space indented for them fit the 25mm perfectly. Had I needed to use anything wider i would've had to cut outside of the predetermined area. Not sure for the SC kit though.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 1:16 PM, BikerScout007 said:

Yeah we are only doing one version of this CRL.  There were a lot of Scouts in ROTJ that had a small difference here and there.  The CRL for that Scout is a broad consensus of what the ideal version is supposed to be.  We will do the same with the Mandalorian Scout CRL.

Yeah there were certainly differences between them but for this CRL we need to have that “broad consensus” to move the draft along or it’ll be a draft forever. We’re four pages into this so please remember to keep going back to the draft on the first page. That gets updated as changes are made. If you feel a draft item needs to be reviewed and changed please pull the relevant section from the draft for reference and include the change so it can be reviewed. The LMO checks in from time to time to review the draft and we must follow the Legion protocol for the creation.

Reference Section 8.2 “CRL Development” and 8.4 “New to the Legion Costumes” of the Legion Operations Protocol here: https://databank.501st.com/databank/OperationsProtocol#CRL_Development

@mrrikki anything to add?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bobafett4ever said:

With regards to the width of the Velcro used, what size is most accurate?
I know the SC kit I got will come with some, but if folks are saying The Mando Scout is thinner, then I want to make sure I get it right the first time :)

Thanks!

Just bear in mind that for a Level 1 CRL, we will not specify exact measurements. 

• Thanks 1

Just to show how the clip is threaded in the back

000daf8b357e0b9a552db524f1766bca.jpg

If you look carefully at this photo, the strap actually looks like it’s twisted.
  • Like 1

One small note on the belt details in the draft CRL. Its is noted as white webbing material for the belt and drop boxes, but on the wording for the rear buckles being threaded in front of the buckle it still says white textile straps,  shouldn't that be white webbing straps?

• The belt fastener is made from white webbing material.
  • Drop boxes connect to the belt via white webbing straps.
  • 4 black parachute buckles attach to the drop box straps, one on either side of the drop box.
    • Rear parachute buckles are threaded with the white textile straps in front of the buckle. 
  • Thanks 2

Yup it sure should!  thanks for pointing that out

@TKZombie made some great points in the below thread.

Can we confirm if updates need to be made to the cummberbund/pouches?  I am just at the point of building this, and had received the same that Christina had (the cummerbund from @StephTrooper) so wanted to confirm if we'll all be needing to make these corrections?

Is this in regards to the pouch tabs and additional seam on the bund closure?

Looking at Christina’s build thread there seems to me to be enough screen evidence to reword the pouch reference to remove the “tab” wording and just simply say attached to the bund. For the additional seam on the closure that’s a detail I don’t believe that’s necessary for basic approval. That might be something that the det may address at a lvl2 after the basic CRL has been approved.

In either case the DL/XO has the final say on the CRL wording so we’ll want to check with them to be sure. @BikerScout007 and @Dart what are your thoughts?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I removed the "tab" reference in the draft CRL.

Just remember folks, a CRL is a crowd-funded project.  If you see something, say something.  I've got my nose in about 4 different CRLs right now, so not everything is going to pop right out at me.  I am more than happy to make adjustments as needed.

But keep in mind that we are writing a LEVEL 1 CRL -- so we won't be getting into specific sizes and the such.  It also needs to be broad enough to allow for some of the variations we see on the show.  Of which there are many.

• Like 4

I have no issues with the rewording. As stated above, we can always be more specific if/when doing the level 2 requirements.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So it looks like Christina will be the first one through the new CRL. While we’re anxiously awaiting her pics. Let’s review what we have so far for the written CRL so we have a solid submittal to the LMO. Please post up any updates, clarifications, you find. Thanks everyone!

The draft is on the first page of this post...

Reference the Tote Bag rank bar

Snowtrooper-style chest greeblie with the middle red cover missing; attached to bag flap on lower right

Maybe change it to

Snowtrooper-style chest greeblie with two red and one white buttons; attached to bag flap on lower right

As I don't think anyone has accurately confirmed it was just a missing cover

12 hours ago, Vmax1974 said:

Snowtrooper-style chest greeblie with the middle red cover missing; attached to bag flap on lower right

Maybe change it to

Snowtrooper-style chest greeblie with two red and one white buttons; attached to bag flap on lower right

Sounds good to me man.  If we ever determine for sure what it is, we can always update or make it a Level 2 detail

"A Snowtrooper-style chest greeblie with two red and one white buttons attaches to bag flap on lower right

• Center white button has a small dark circle in the middle.

How about something like that?

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I noticed, and maybe it's already been mentioned, is that the tank on the back has the wording of having the black line detail in it... but we can see that only one of the troopers has it, the other has no decals on it.

1MxHdW5.png

Also, looking at the below, I feel that the "screen" or whatever you'd call the mic on the snout, isn't also painted the same color as the snout.

6BUAPca.png

We can make the decal trim optional. 

The aerator looks black to me -- could just be the lighting.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

We can make the decal trim optional. 

The aerator looks black to me -- could just be the lighting.  

Yeah, the actual cylinder looks black, but to me, seems like the wiring was painted gray as well.  But, I'll leave mine black for now and if it changes later, easy fix ;)

On 7/30/2020 at 6:04 AM, Vmax1974 said:

Maybe change it to

Has anyone confirmed its not a missing cover?

Has anyone confirmed its not a missing cover?

I don't believe anyone has confirmed that it is a missing cover.

The missing cover on the Snowie display that the theory is based on is considerably smaller than the two red ones and looks nothing like the Mandalorian Scout Bags rank bar

The bag Rank Bar shows the 2 red tiles with a black stepped border and the white is a similar size I believe it to be a white tile with an LED but could be wrong I haven't found anything closer

The Bag Rank bar is longer on the bag than the snow trooper one too

I dont know the snowie so I cant comment there but being somewhat familiar with pushbuttons it looks like a missing cover to me, (there are many types of button it depends on what they used) the OT rank buttons for example are not the same size as the R1/Solo, however my point is confirmed or not, right now each is as valid as the other.

This is an example of a white push button.

b20930cd8961bbd8de89fe45b26b331c.jpg

• Like 1

Here's a good pic:

f5b65a986019e0fdc8981ec0e7e865f8.jpg

I would say there the white button looks to be about the same size as the red ones.  

Here's a good pic:
f5b65a986019e0fdc8981ec0e7e865f8.jpg
I would say there the white button looks to be about the same size as the red ones.  

Therefore should the wording not be "two red and one white centre tile to closely match the screen used item" or something along those lines?

Right now it reads:

• A silver plate is attached to the lower right portion of the bag flap.
  • Mounted on the plate are 3 push button greeblies:
    • The two outer buttons have red covers
    • The center button is white.
  • Like 3