TB - Scout Trooper - The Mandalorian CRL drafting

1 minute ago, Hask said:

That sounds good if you are going that route

I'm willing to put the "missing cover" bit if we can confirm without a doubt.  But even so, seems like it would be a Level 2 detail.  If a white button passes at a glance, that's probably good for L1.  

And again let me just note my amusement at the level of accuracy demanded for this costume :D  Too bad the producers didn't put that much thought into it 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hask said:

That sounds good if you are going that route

Do you know what the deal is with that black dot in the center of the white button?

Looking at this I dont think its a push button after all the dot is also silver and the 2 red look moulded, you can see the red being worn away on one. 31882a29627d834d2976a117593ea7ba.jpg1eae5d91a9d342ab6b195e6ff69c5670.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The left attachment is flat the right indented d61c5a5563edaed0787b526722e76eb9.jpg833277723b65df32e2ee996b59478101.jpg

• Like 1

Looking at this I dont think its a push button after all the dot is also silver and the 2 red look moulded, you can see the red being worn away on one. 31882a29627d834d2976a117593ea7ba.jpg1eae5d91a9d342ab6b195e6ff69c5670.jpg

My thoughts was that the centre tile is some sort of OEM washing appliance indicator switch but that discussion is for another thread

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The left attachment is flat the right indented d61c5a5563edaed0787b526722e76eb9.jpg833277723b65df32e2ee996b59478101.jpg

Is it possible that there is no difference and that the lip seen on the right attachment is also present on the left, but is rotated to the bottom giving it the illusion that it is flat. Looking closely at the left side below there appears to be a return edge but the angle doesn’t show that it’s raised like it is on the right, but it could be. Just my idle musings.

57c919af665e7a15a60adce6375797a1.plist
d3cadcd0485c65e97b88dc14b30cc5fb.plist

It's hard to tell.  But something at that level of accuracy would only be Level 2.  And we don't roll out L2 right away on new CRLs.  We give them some time to breathe first.  

• Like 2

Its Crystal clear on my 65 inch 4K TV, my phone just does not like taking pictures of it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not to change the topic, but since this isn't final yet, I wanted to bring up the weathering. 

The draft says medium to heavy, but to me, they look like light weathering.  IMHO, they are just barely weathered... Maybe just enough so you can see they're stationed on a sandy planet, but I don't think anywhere near the weathering the sand troopers have.

Thoughts?

https://imgur.com/6BUAPca

26 minutes ago, bobafett4ever said:

Not to change the topic, but since this isn't final yet, I wanted to bring up the weathering. 

The draft says medium to heavy, but to me, they look like light weathering.  IMHO, they are just barely weathered... Maybe just enough so you can see they're stationed on a sandy planet, but I don't think anywhere near the weathering the sand troopers have.

Thoughts?

https://imgur.com/6BUAPca

That's not light.  That is definitely medium to heavy.  The amount of weathering you have to do on a set of armor in order to get it to show up on camera is substantial.  Ask anyone who has weathered a Shoretrooper, and saw their first picture of themselves in it only to realize that they look like an action figure fresh out of the box.  

Light weathering would be what you see on a typical Biker Scout in ROTJ.  It's in a few spots, blink and you miss it.  

The weathering on the Mando scout fills every crease and completely discolors the armor itself so that the white is almost gone.  

Here's a picture of the armor without all the lighting and color correction from the show:

stormtrooper-armor-archives.jpg

If someone tried to pass an ROTJ Scout like that we would reject it for being too heavy.  

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

That's not light.  That is definitely medium to heavy.  The amount of weathering you have to do on a set of armor in order to get it to show up on camera is substantial.  Ask anyone who has weathered a Shoretrooper, and saw their first picture of themselves in it only to realize that they look like an action figure fresh out of the box.  

Light weathering would be what you see on a typical Biker Scout in ROTJ.  It's in a few spots, blink and you miss it.  

The weathering on the Mando scout fills every crease and completely discolors the armor itself so that the white is almost gone.  

Here's a picture of the armor without all the lighting and color correction from the show:

stormtrooper-armor-archives.jpg

If someone tried to pass an ROTJ Scout like that we would reject it for being too heavy.  

Well if this is considered heavy weathering I guess mine is extreme weathering then and probably not gonna work. 

Well if this is considered heavy weathering I guess mine is extreme weathering then and probably not gonna work. 

I think you weathering is spot on Christina. Don’t be surprised to see your WIP being the benchmark for other Mandalorian Scouts. It’s already being referenced and referred to in many other builds. Fantastic work!

2 hours ago, TKZombie said:

I would consider it "medium to heavy".  I think yours is fine.  Get it in the daylight with some photos and I'm sure it will look like what we've seen on the show.  

Folks, our CRLs are only in comparison to themselves.  What you've all read in other Detachments doesn't apply here.  "Light weathering" is what we call ROTJ Biker Scout weathering.  A few mists with the black rattle can here or there.  The Patrol Trooper also has "light weathering" -- some dirt here or there but overall still pretty white.

The Shoretrooper would be in the medium range.  

The Mando Scout would fall under medium to heavy.  The dirt is heavily built up in the crevices (just look at the knees and cummerbund) and the armor is almost totally discolored.  Look how the Mando Scout looks almost completely tea-stained in comparison to the Stormtrooper to his right.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

How's this CRL coming along?  Anything else we need or just awaiting pictures?  

Any progress or updates?

5 hours ago, bobafett4ever said:

How's this CRL coming along?  Anything else we need or just awaiting pictures?  

Any progress or updates?

Coming along great!  All pictures have been received, edited and uploaded.  

Currently the Armor team is reviewing the language.  Once we are satisfied with it, we turn it over to the LMO.  They will review and either approve it or submit corrections.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

CRL draft in first post updated to include latest language and photos.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

CRL draft in first post updated to include latest language and photos.

Looks great!  Pics look perfect.  Wonderful job, troopers!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobafett4ever said:

Looks great!  Pics look perfect.  Wonderful job, troopers!

Thanks man, we are very close to submitting this to the Legion for review!

• Thanks 1

Okay folks,

The CRL has been submitted to the Legion for review.  Please be patient as we wait to hear back from them and make any corrections they ask for.

Won't be long now!

• Like 6