TB - Scout Trooper - The Mandalorian CRL drafting

On 2/7/2020 at 7:10 AM, Tarrif said:

Got my soft parts from Steph Mortimer. Gonna weather then and ready to wear this weekend. 

How are we doing on this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

I know we are still working on the Base CRL for this but will there eventually be Lancer status for this kit? 

We usually give a new CRL about a year or so before we consider level 2 requirements.  So it won't be something that rolls out when the base CRL is done. 

• Thanks 1

Yes we will need a full set of images for the crl. Not sure how far off that is though, I’m sure Mickey will be able to update on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

How close are we to getting the CRL finalized? Are we just waiting on someone to finish the costume?

Yes I'm waiting for @Tarrif to send me his pics

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Order65 said:

I’m assuming a Studio Creations Kit would still work well with the Mandalorian version? 

Yes.  Any kit will do.  Even for level 2 we are not going to require the WTF kit.  

I expect that most folks doing Mando builds will be repurposing older kits.  This will be our sandtrooper!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

For level two you really should insist on the wtf armour . What's the point in forcing screen accuracy onto the hardly noticeable soft parts, then ignoring the main deal ...the armour shape . 

Likewise , it's time for  a screen accurate armour class for RotJ biker scouts . 

1 hour ago, CatfoodRob said:

For level two you really should insist on the wtf armour . What's the point in forcing screen accuracy onto the hardly noticeable soft parts, then ignoring the main deal ...the armour shape . 

Likewise , it's time for  a screen accurate armour class for RotJ biker scouts . 

IF you do that you might as well restrict ROTJ Lancer to Strider and RS... I think it's a bad idea IMO. Most people won't want to be locked into a single vendor.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CatfoodRob said:

Not going to happen. We don't endorse particular vendors products for a number of reasons, the biggest being the gray area we are operating in as far as copyright is concerned. 

We would also essentially be dictating a cost that a level would have to be.  And making it impossible for everyone to achieve due to lack of availability in their part of the world. 

Also, the scout essentially is a soft costume, and the quality of the soft parts makes a much bigger impact on how well the costume appears than the armor alone.  

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Zeronin said:

Was there any confirmation for which helmet was used for Mandalorion scout?

EFX is what I've heard

EFX is what I've heard

That’s what I heard too. Didn’t seem 100% but that’s what it looks like to me too. Not easy to find.

Not going to happen. We don't endorse particular vendors products for a number of reasons, the biggest being the gray area we are operating in as far as copyright is concerned. 
We would also essentially be dictating a cost that a level would have to be.  And making it impossible for everyone to achieve due to lack of availability in their part of the world. 
Also, the scout essentially is a soft costume, and the quality of the soft parts makes a much bigger impact on how well the costume appears than the armor alone.  

I agree with this view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is there an accurate color for the weathering? I believe that a khaki color would be similar to what it’s in screenshots, but curious if anyone found something else. 

So while we're awaiting the pics to complete this CRL, can it be confirmed that the text on the front page is correct / accurate?  I just wanted to confirm the neck seal will be mandatory and not optional, before I purchase it.
I'm slowly getting there... piece by piece :)

3 hours ago, bobafett4ever said:

So while we're awaiting the pics to complete this CRL, can it be confirmed that the text on the front page is correct / accurate?  I just wanted to confirm the neck seal will be mandatory and not optional, before I purchase it.
I'm slowly getting there... piece by piece :)

That's correct.  As of now, the neck seal is mandatory! 

We're still waiting on Sebastian's photos.  I understand he's fairly busy as a first responder in NYC right now, so that's the reason for the delay.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, Vmax1974 said:

i am actively working on my mando scout is there any further information on the CRL and Lancer requirements?

No.  Our original CRL model wasn't able to continue, so the CRL is at a stand still.  For now, follow the draft CRL as written.  

Level 2 requirements will come at a later time.  I like to let a CRL breathe for a few months, work out the kinks, see what happens once it gets into the wild, and adjust accordingly.

• Like 1

No.  Our original CRL model wasn't able to continue, so the CRL is at a stand still.  For now, follow the draft CRL as written.  
Level 2 requirements will come at a later time.  I like to let a CRL breathe for a few months, work out the kinks, see what happens once it gets into the wild, and adjust accordingly.
I have my tote bag completed if it helps

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, Vmax1974 said:

I have my tote bag completed if it helps

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

That will be an Optional Accessory, so not necessary for approval.  But it still must meet standards if you want to troop with it.

At this point, I'm saying whoever builds their Mando Scout first and can get me some pictures will be the CRL model!  But we are going to need to see progress photos so we can guide you along.  Feel free to start a WIP thread under this forum if you would like to give it a shot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JangoFred said:

Any thoughts on a TK neckseal being acceptable?

It looks as if the draft CRL wording for the neck seal is the same as the wording for the TK ANH Stunt. Does anyone have a good freeze frame of one of the Scouts neck we can compare it too? We want to be as dead on as we can to the screen version. A pic of the TK neck seal is below:

FF3700A0-774F-4208-8E2C-0E66D79067D3.jpeg