TB - Scout Trooper - The Mandalorian CRL drafting

Right??! It’s like 4K or nothing at least until the next big thing comes out.

So based on what I could see there look to be six exposed ribs to the seal in the one photo and I can’t make out the number in the second. It looks close to the TK seal and the SW Rebels seal here:

4F9DC9CA-A2B6-4C9B-ADE6-E19D82BFDA04.jpeg

I would think that for basic we can simply define neck seal as written in the draft and use either. I don’t think we need to get down to specifics until lvl2 is defined. 

• Like 1

Hey folks, I've been making tweaks to the CRL that past few weeks.  I think we are pretty close to a Level 1 CRL  (Level 2 will wait until after we get this one cleared)

Check it out and post up your suggestions!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JangoFred said:

As in edits above? Or is it posted elsewhere?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Its in the very first post of this thread

• Like 1

I'm sure this is a simple question... but the Cosplaysky TIE flightsuit is approvable for level 1 approval for the TIE Pilot. I assume it will be the same case for this? I just don't think I'm up for sewing all those pockets onto my Modified Redkap....

In other news, any RotJ Scouts need a Redkap? J/k

3 hours ago, JangoFred said:

I'm sure this is a simple question... but the Cosplaysky TIE flightsuit is approvable for level 1 approval for the TIE Pilot. I assume it will be the same case for this? I just don't think I'm up for sewing all those pockets onto my Modified Redkap....

In other news, any RotJ Scouts need a Redkap? J/k

While the CPS is acceptable for the basic TIE Pilot the DCAs, in the Jolly Roger (TIE) detachment, almost always recommend that you select the custom sizing option and provide your measurements. Otherwise your suit may not fit well enough. Some vendors that the JRS uses for their flight suits are Wampa Wear, MonCal, Pilot Bay, and several others. Make sure you check the CRL for the flight suit thoroughly in the first post and keep in mind that it’s not an approved CRL until there it’s completed and there is a costume. So until its finished and gets ok’d by the Legion your GML will not be able to approve you in it yet.

JRS Detachment link: https://www.jrs501st.com/

• Like 1

Probably for the best to go with something else then. Maybe I will just suck it up and try to sew them onto the Redkap

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Do we have a hack on how they attached the shoulders to the bridges? Zooming in on the pics looks like they might be using t-straps? It looks like a black strap with a white border to it. It’s really hard to make out. Does anyone have a good screen cap of the scouts from a good angle where we can make that out better?

3 minutes ago, Retrofire said:

Do we have a hack on how they attached the shoulders to the bridges? Zooming in on the pics looks like they might be using t-straps? It looks like a black strap with a white border to it. It’s really hard to make out. Does anyone have a good screen cap of the scouts from a good angle where we can make that out better?

Or has anyone asked Walt?

1 hour ago, BikerScout007 said:

Or has anyone asked Walt?

Great idea! I just sent him an email about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

No word from my email to Walt. Does anyone know a better email addy? I don’t have FB so anyone who is of mind to feel free to get a hold of him there so we can solve the shoulder strapping issue.

On the weathering front I think we should add a section to the CRL like the MEPD has for the sandtrooper here: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_sandtrooper_weathering

Maybe we can add some good pictures of the CRL model (when we have one) to help round that section out?

• Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 4:34 PM, Retrofire said:

No word from my email to Walt. Does anyone know a better email addy? I don’t have FB so anyone who is of mind to feel free to get a hold of him there so we can solve the shoulder strapping issue.

On the weathering front I think we should add a section to the CRL like the MEPD has for the sandtrooper here: https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TD_sandtrooper_weathering

Maybe we can add some good pictures of the CRL model (when we have one) to help round that section out?

With the Gallery feature we can add extra photos to the CRL that we don't have room for on the main page!

On 1/2/2020 at 3:30 PM, BikerScout007 said:

Has the official name of the Mandalorian Scout Trooper been decided upon yet? 

2 minutes ago, TKZombie said:

Has the official name of the Mandalorian Scout Trooper been decided upon yet? 

TB - Scout Trooper - The Mandalorian 

It's in the title.   

I know y'all want to call it "the Remnant Scout" for some reason.   That's not the way we name costumes.  It's always been "What the trooper is" - "Where it's from".  We don't call the main scout "The Galactic Empire Scout" right?  Same thing applies here.  

• Like 1

Hello.

As I'm awaiting my armor from SC, and I've never done any of this before, I just wanted to confirm that the only difference noted so far, with regards to the hard armor, is the knee pads being upside down.  I ask because I saw in another WIP thread someone mentioning attaching the back differently.  I just want to make sure, before I start, that I'm doing this correctly.  I have someone who's going to help that has an approved RotJ scout, and I want to make sure I don't need to tell him of any other difference, else I believe he'll have me make it just like he did his, save the weathering.

Thanks for any confirmation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bobafett4ever said:

Hello.

As I'm awaiting my armor from SC, and I've never done any of this before, I just wanted to confirm that the only difference noted so far, with regards to the hard armor, is the knee pads being upside down.  I ask because I saw in another WIP thread someone mentioning attaching the back differently.  I just want to make sure, before I start, that I'm doing this correctly.  I have someone who's going to help that has an approved RotJ scout, and I want to make sure I don't need to tell him of any other difference, else I believe he'll have me make it just like he did his, save the weathering.

Yeah the armor is pretty much the same, other than the knees being flipped over.  The back does not seem to be attached with an elastic strap a la ROTJ, but that's not a requirement for the ROTJ Scout either.  

Most of the changes are in the weathering and soft goods.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, bobafett4ever said:

Hello.

There are more differences than the knees being worn upside down, they also only have the one strap, not the lower strap nor the rivets on that strap. The belt drop boxes recessed spots are painted grey like the chest indent. The straps are different on the Mando Scout especially the Bicep armour it's a much thinner strap. The buckles on the back of the belt are reversed how they feed through the clips. The backpack doesn't have any visible connection like the ROTJ does nor does it have the rivet at the bottom of the tank.  The chest and back connections are separate and not covered by the strip of canvas. Different flight suit, no flax vest. 

• Like 1

I got the impression he was just making sure that the basic parts of the armor kit were still the same.   As in -- there aren't special armor parts that need to be ordered or created.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

I got the impression he was just making sure that the basic parts of the armor kit were still the same.   As in -- there aren't special armor parts that need to be ordered or created.  

Hello... yes, this is true, but also wanted to confirm there wasn't anything special I needed to do with the armor too.  I knew about the knees being upside down with one strap instead of two, but I didn't realize the velcro needs to be thinner as what will come with the SC is whatever is standard for the RotJ scout.  Also, I saw someone else mention they were doing their back different, so wasn't sure if there was anything I needed to do their special or if I could just do it as the RotJ back was done.
As for the buckles on the back of the belt... I'll have to see that to understand it.  However, I'll note that for when we begin to work on it, as well as the chest and back connections being separate and not covered by the strip of canvas.
This is excellent info!  Will also help other folks who make this but are working with a kit set up for RotJ.

Hello... yes, this is true, but also wanted to confirm there wasn't anything special I needed to do with the armor too.  I knew about the knees being upside down with one strap instead of two, but I didn't realize the velcro needs to be thinner as what will come with the SC is whatever is standard for the RotJ scout.  Also, I saw someone else mention they were doing their back different, so wasn't sure if there was anything I needed to do their special or if I could just do it as the RotJ back was done.
As for the buckles on the back of the belt... I'll have to see that to understand it.  However, I'll note that for when we begin to work on it, as well as the chest and back connections being separate and not covered by the strip of canvas.
This is excellent info!  Will also help other folks who make this but are working with a kit set up for RotJ.
Don't forget too that the Mandalorian Scout flight suit is a Tie flightsuit (in case you missed that )

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Vmax1974 said:

Don't forget too that the Mandalorian Scout flight suit is a Tie flightsuit (in case you missed that )

Yes!  Thanks.  I have my flightsuit from my Gunner.  I got my soft parts from Wampawear and StephTrooper, so should be good on them.  Just trying to make sense of the armor :)

• Like 1

With regards to the width of the Velcro used, what size is most accurate?
I know the SC kit I got will come with some, but if folks are saying The Mando Scout is thinner, then I want to make sure I get it right the first time :)

Thanks!

With regards to the width of the Velcro used, what size is most accurate?
I know the SC kit I got will come with some, but if folks are saying The Mando Scout is thinner, then I want to make sure I get it right the first time
Thanks!
From what I can tell it's almost entirely 25mm (1") non roll ribbed elastic