Lancer Build Tutorial

The armor has been designed to Lancer specifications. I pulled measurements from various approved armors but really tried to stay as close to the Strider armor as possible. I have several Scots in my area that let me take measurements as I needed them.

Lancer requirements are less about armor and more about how things are put together. There are many armor makers that have "less than great" specs and measurements but can be made to Lancer specifications. That being said, I've done my best to make things as close to screen accurate as possible.

There are several Scouts on the Pathfinder forum who currently have build threads going with my 3D printable models. My Armor will be heavier but nothing that I would say is heavy. Fiberglass armor would be much heavier than this and there are many folks with Fiberglass armor and helmets.

I suggest that you glue the back and tank together even with the addition of the elastic strap. As stated above the elastic only needs the appearance of holding the tan on, it does not need to be functional. You will not need to make an "L" bracket with the 3D prints. I made the model with a "Box" that sticks out slightly from the back which is the same size as the inside of the tank so that it fits perfectly.

If you find any issues with these models please just shoot me a message and I'll work with you to figure out any modifications that need to be made. I've been working with several other Scout with just this already. I've even scaled down this armor to 85% for my fiancee since she's much too small for the original size. I didn't want to cut armor and have things misshapen so scaling was the best option.

As stated above snout greebles can very in size just slightly depending on your helmet. You will need to take some measurements of your helmet and scale models accordingly.

Please understand that 3D armor is a fairly new area and we're all trying to figure out the best methods to get the best results for 501st approval and wear-ability on a day to day basis.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 12:10 PM, Brasidas76 said:

This thread is fantastic! I have a couple of questions though. I've just started 3D printing a helmet and have recently downloaded the armour files posted on Thingiverse by Mr.Poopie. He appears to be a genuine Lancer as I've seen him on this site, but I was wondering if any of you know for sure that his printable files are indeed Lancer quality? I'd like to know before I go through the many hours of printing and finishing them.

I was also wondering about the backpack hump. In the thread above there's some discussion about it being a separate piece and whether or not it should have the black strap. If I do 3D print my armour, it's going to be a little heavier than vacu-formed pieces, so it may be necessary to glue it to the back-plate. If I do that but leave a visable seam, and fake the strap, would it still be considered Lancer quality?

Ok, last question lol What would be considered the perfect sizing for the snout greeblies on the helmet?

Thanks in advance everyone.

I have finished printed all of Mr. Poopies armor and blaster files.  I also printed my Helmet from some files I purchased on CGtrader.  The 3D printed armor prints great and isn't heavy. Its all pretty thin parts so not a lot of bulk.  I have started finishing mine with filler and sanding.  Good stuff. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/2/2019 at 6:52 PM, vonjet said:

I have finished printed all of Mr. Poopies armor and blaster files.  I also printed my Helmet from some files I purchased on CGtrader.  The 3D printed armor prints great and isn't heavy. Its all pretty thin parts so not a lot of bulk.  I have started finishing mine with filler and sanding.  Good stuff. 

A picture paints a thousand words... 😉

• Like 2

On 10/18/2018 at 9:26 PM, sibbel29 said:

hey buddy, can you post a pic of the topside of your boxes? I am curious how the curved shape looks like. thanks bro!

IMG-2248.jpg IMG-2249.jpg

hope it helps

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@BikerScout007 Mickey, are you still in touch with Strider? Are you able to see if he took the photos down?

19 hours ago, Chopper said:

@BikerScout007 Mickey, are you still in touch with Strider? Are you able to see if he took the photos down?

I'll reach out to him

Gentlemen, the pics are up again - sorry for the confusion! I switched domains and forgot that the links were connected with the old domain.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This will be a great resource for me as I want to build to Lancer. Is the strapping material that is listed at the beginning of the post still accurate for Lancer requirements? I know the CRL has recently changed. 

This will be a great resource for me as I want to build to Lancer. Is the strapping material that is listed at the beginning of the post still accurate for Lancer requirements? I know the CRL has recently changed. 

After a Quick look the only thing I ser that has changed is that the bicep armor now uses 50 mm straps, not 35 mm.

Always refer to the CRL for the measurments.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aliaz said:

After a Quick look the only thing I ser that has changed is that the bicep armor now uses 50 mm straps, not 35 mm.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Thank you. I will make sure that I look into what Studio Creations sends me, and get what I'll need to build for Lancer. 

Thank you. I will make sure that I look into what Studio Creations sends me, and get what I'll need to build for Lancer. 

If you have any questions regarding Lancer don’t hesitate to reach out to the review team. We’re here to help you be successful!
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I built my kit as close to Lancer spec as possible when I first built it. Next year I plan on working on things even more and hopefully be able to submit for Lancer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is extremely helpful I’m going to start my lancer build next winter! I’ll definitely e using this post to help me! 

• Like 1

This is extremely helpful I’m going to start my lancer build next winter! I’ll definitely e using this post to help me! 

7cbf8e3725d64c3f7b2cf5540099fa4b.jpg

Listen to the Emperor and let us know if you need any help or have any questions.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, mickeymark34 said:

On the section about dying the fabric for the pouches, there are other bits in the picture. Is that the Velcro?

That's the shoulder bridge covers. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, FarEast said:

Thank you so much for this - starting my scout and going straight for lancer

You're welcome - have fun with the build :)