DLT-19x

I couldn't find a reputable place to get a 3D printed rifle either. There are a few sellers on Etsy but I can't vouch for any of them. I almost bought from StevensLaserstudio (mentioned by JohnReillis a few posts up), but went with ImperialArms because it was pre-assembled. And I paid for my laziness, lol. His descriptions and sample photos are misleading and do not represent what you get.

Wish I could be of more help, but all I can do is recommend who NOT to buy from.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, TB-20105 said:

Hi all - I scanned, but did not read every single post. I was going to order through Imperialarms3D, but saw the recommendation to avoid. I don't have a printer and am not looking to buy one. Is there a reputable/quality source to buy a rifle? Thanks!

If you have your heart set on a DLT-19X the only option for a fully printed, assembled, and finished version is what you see on Etsy.  The issues with the Imperial Arms version have been noted in this thread.  I've seen this version up close and can confirm the issues noted.  IMO the best version available is by Surfinbird132, but it's only available as a 3D print.  Now, there are vendors on Etsy that are selling his STL files and making printed copies, though I highly doubt he shared his files with those vendors.   Surfinbird132 doesn't own a shop or patreon and does his designs merely as a hobby, so I won't recommend those sellers or identify them.  He offers his files waaaay cheaper than what they're being sold for on Etsy too. 

That being said, I took a look at a new comer to the game, Dbay94 who is located in Rheinbach Germany.  His DLT-19X is offered printed, but you'd need to finish it, assemble it, and paint it.  The print looks fairly clean, but sometimes what is depicted is better print quality than what you receive, so read through the reviews.  It has some nice features, like movable sights and a barrel that breaks down for easy transport and storage.  It appears to be properly proportioned unlike the Imperial Arms version.  He does not provide an overall length, but it should be close to 1219 mm or 48" as that was the size of the original MG34. 

The only thing that jumps out at me is that the metal coupling is not visible where the butt-stock meets the main body.  There should be two, one on the main body and one on the stock.  I don't see that detail in the images provided so I'm uncertain if he merely painted them on of it they are present in the design itself but the photos aren't doing them justice.  Not a deal breaker for approval because as long as it's painted and visible, you should be good. 

I'd read through the reviews and maybe send him a message to confirm the overall length and see at what detail he makes the print.  Any layer height higher than 0.2mm and you'll likely need to do a lot of sanding to get rid of print lines.  By way of comparison, a low quality layer height would be 0.28mm or higher.

If you decide to pick up this model, be sure to post up some picks here so that others can see what is being offered in case this is a viable alternative to 3D printing one yourself.

• Like 4

@Aradun - Thank you so much for taking the time to send all of this information. It's very helpful and I really appreciate it!

• Like 1

Just ordered from the Etsy seller. It should arrive mid-April and then I'll need to assemble it. I'll post pics here when I'm done. Thanks again!

1 hour ago, TB-20105 said:

Just ordered from the Etsy seller. It should arrive mid-April and then I'll need to assemble it. I'll post pics here when I'm done. Thanks again!

Looking forward to seeing it!!!

Be interested in that as well. I see he also does a dlt-20.  Same as in that comes ready be assembled and paint but that’s easy enough providing it’s a good print 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 8:29 PM, TB-20105 said:

Looking forward to that and very tempted to grab one myself , I assume you'd need to find your own pipe , dowel for the barrel support etc?

2 hours ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

Looking forward to that and very tempted to grab one myself , I assume you'd need to find your own pipe , dowel for the barrel support etc?

Hey - The description on the post says this, so I'm hoping it's all included.

The kit contains all the necessary parts to assemble the respective DLT-19 variant yourself.

It's supposed to be here by April 11, so I'll know soon :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2024 at 12:22 AM, Aradun said:

If you have your heart set on a DLT-19X the only option for a fully printed, assembled, and finished version is what you see on Etsy.  The issues with the Imperial Arms version have been noted in this thread.  I've seen this version up close and can confirm the issues noted.  IMO the best version available is by Surfinbird132, but it's only available as a 3D print.  Now, there are vendors on Etsy that are selling his STL files and making printed copies, though I highly doubt he shared his files with those vendors.   Surfinbird132 doesn't own a shop or patreon and does his designs merely as a hobby, so I won't recommend those sellers or identify them.  He offers his files waaaay cheaper than what they're being sold for on Etsy too. 

That being said, I took a look at a new comer to the game, Dbay94 who is located in Rheinbach Germany.  His DLT-19X is offered printed, but you'd need to finish it, assemble it, and paint it.  The print looks fairly clean, but sometimes what is depicted is better print quality than what you receive, so read through the reviews.  It has some nice features, like movable sights and a barrel that breaks down for easy transport and storage.  It appears to be properly proportioned unlike the Imperial Arms version.  He does not provide an overall length, but it should be close to 1219 mm or 48" as that was the size of the original MG34. 

The only thing that jumps out at me is that the metal coupling is not visible where the butt-stock meets the main body.  There should be two, one on the main body and one on the stock.  I don't see that detail in the images provided so I'm uncertain if he merely painted them on of it they are present in the design itself but the photos aren't doing them justice.  Not a deal breaker for approval because as long as it's painted and visible, you should be good. 

I'd read through the reviews and maybe send him a message to confirm the overall length and see at what detail he makes the print.  Any layer height higher than 0.2mm and you'll likely need to do a lot of sanding to get rid of print lines.  By way of comparison, a low quality layer height would be 0.28mm or higher.

If you decide to pick up this model, be sure to post up some picks here so that others can see what is being offered in case this is a viable alternative to 3D printing one yourself.

In a few of the other pics it does show the metallic look ring so fingers crossed it is included 

I’m not crazy about the design of his butt stock. There were hand carved wooden butt stocks that had that side protrusion detail, but his is much more angular and sharper than the originals. Most stocks lacked this detail and were completely smooth on the sides. I would avoid getting any painted version too as his weathering is way too heavy and it’s inaccurate. He has weathering on parts that shouldn’t be weathered because they were rubber or Bakelite. There’s better options as noted above.

got both the 19x and 20 from Dbay94 in my Etsy basket.  cant decide so wait till Jim gets his and see what's what

On 4/4/2024 at 11:17 PM, TB-20105 said:

The kit contains all the necessary parts to assemble the respective DLT-19 variant yourself.

Fingers crossed for you

On 4/4/2024 at 11:17 PM, TB-20105 said:

alreet @Hiker ScoutIt get here?