DLT-19x

There are some screen shots of the wood stock.  If memory serves me correctly, the black stocks were actually Bakelite and not wood.  Those props with wood were in background shots where multiple DLTs were on racks.  FISD has some screen shots over there. @gmrhodes13 might be able to track one down and post it for reference.

Now, that being said, run the wood stock by your GML as your garrison GML will have the final say on whether or not it will be approved for trooping with a wood stock.  Having a screen reference might help.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ChrisA said:

I assume it has to be solid black? Was wondering about a wood look stock as the original MG34.

Building on top of what Dennis said, I don't believe there are any references of a Scout using a DLT with a wood stock, so on our end, it would have to be black.  

• Thanks 2

Some references DLT-19

Original

dlt19ref.jpg.5ff0a58d026264071c695f4dcfd 

mg3485.jpg.37c39ef9ea239cf10044e47a211d2

ANH 

4yKl5Mj.jpg

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-8020.jpg

DLT-19X all black stocks

DLT-19x_targeting_blaster.png

c4f049f31b8e9841331dc0fb2b05a8396d560ed3

DLT-19X_-_Default.jpg

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Got it all printed. 

Cost me 1 roll of PLA and some 501st merch!!

Now to start the "hard" or "fun" part of filling and sanding. 

Will post pics along the way

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hmm. Can't seem to remember how to post my DropBox photos on here.

2 minutes ago, ChrisA said:

Hmm. Can't seem to remember how to post my DropBox photos on here.

Check this post: http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/23053-faq-how-do-i-post-images/

• Thanks 1

This is 2 coats of Rustoleum filler primer.  And a few hours of hand sanding. Very happy with the texture. 

I skipped the liquid resin step.

The filler primer smoothed most of the print lines great.

I'm modifying thr plans slightly!

(Dremel) to make the inner barrel pvc have threaded ends so it's detachable.

20220828_203142.jpg?dl=0

20220828_203301.jpg?dl=0

20220828_203237.jpg?dl=0

• Like 5

That’s an awesome idea, and I’m totally gonna steal it!

• Thanks 1

I printed a 19X for my friend and its the same size as mine, the controversy of my issue is that hes comparing the 19X I printed for him to his 19D,which is bigger by comparison. Is there a specific length and width for the 19X I'm unaware of? Or is the the 19D just a bigger blaster in general?

I should also add my 19X is from Imperial Arms. I got it before I started 3D printing. The version I printed for my friend is the exact size all around.

I printed a 19X for my friend and its the same size as mine, the controversy of my issue is that hes comparing the 19X I printed for him to his 19D,which is bigger by comparison. Is there a specific length and width for the 19X I'm unaware of? Or is the the 19D just a bigger blaster in general?
I should also add my 19X is from Imperial Arms. I got it before I started 3D printing. The version I printed for my friend is the exact size all around.

By “bigger” are you referring with overall length or the width/thickness of the pieces?

All versions of the DLT use the MG34 as their base. That weapon measured 48” or 1219mm. Anything smaller in length is undersized. There are vendors that print them the correct length but with a slimmer more narrow profile than actual size. It’s very noticeable when placed next to a DLT that’s printed in proper proportion.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AradunFF said:

By “bigger” are you referring with overall length or the width/thickness of the pieces?

All versions of the DLT use the MG34 as their base. That weapon measured 48” or 1219mm. Anything smaller in length is undersized. There are vendors that print them the correct length but with a slimmer more narrow profile than actual size. It’s very noticeable when placed next to a DLT that’s printed in proper proportion.

Hey Aradun, the length of my print is good and my friends. By "bigger" pieces that is a yes.... and my buddy sent me a side by side pict of my 19X next to his 19D and the 19D was "bigger" in width or bulk. His 19D was from Hyperfirm. My 19X from Imperial Arms. I want to help out my fellow troopers and friends as much as possible with printing, I dont wanna send them undersized versions. So I could possibly have the correct length but with the narrow profile....is this unacceptable for Pathfinder ROTJ Scout approval?

The Hyperfirm is properly proportioned.  However, you shouldn’t  have any issues with your 3D print being approved, so long as it matches the CRL, but in the end it’s up to your GML.  If you’re making these for friends and fellow troopers in your garrison, some may question you about the proportions if they compare the one you make for them with someone else’s on a troop.  

There was an excellent version that was available on Thingiverse by a designer known as Surfinbird132 until recently.  You can grab it from him on Cults3D for less than $4.  It’s worth it, and it has the option to print it with the bi-pod for a DLT19 or without the bi-pod for the 19X.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/star-wars-dlt-19x-blaster-mg-34

I printed this for myself and @ChrisA used it for his, which is pictured above.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

The Hyperfirm is properly proportioned.  However, you shouldn’t  have any issues with your 3D print being approved, so long as it matches the CRL, but in the end it’s up to your GML.  If you’re making these for friends and fellow troopers in your garrison, some may question you about the proportions if they compare the one you make for them with someone else’s on a troop.  

There was an excellent version that was available on Thingiverse by a designer known as Surfinbird132 until recently.  You can grab it from him on Cults3D for less than $4.  It’s worth it, and it has the option to print it with the bi-pod for a DLT19 or without the bi-pod for the 19X.

Thank you so much for your time and expertise! This will be most helpful for future prints. I definitely want my prints to be exact and not be questioned for everyone's benefit.  I will contact Cults3D and love @ChrisA/your print! Thanks again!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the silver lining. So I can rub off some black to show the under coat 

It's now sprayed black and is complete.

More pics to follow.

Still gotta weather it.

20220921_194411.jpg?dl=0

• Like 3

More pics to follow.
Still gotta weather it.
20220921_194411.jpg?dl=0

I do that same Little Trick lol Looks awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 9/5/2022 at 1:14 AM, AradunFF said:

I also downloaded the thingiverse files and although I haven’t used them I can send them to anyone who wants them. Should be okay with fair use given they were available for free at the time I got them 

• Like 1

I also downloaded the thingiverse files and although I haven’t used them I can send them to anyone who wants them. Should be okay with fair use given they were available for free at the time I got them 

I’ll take em please. I’m aware of the rules for STL’s. Thank you
Kennyjweber@gmail.com

23 minutes ago, WEBS said:

Much appreciated!

sent

• 5 weeks later...

I do that same Little Trick lol Looks awesome!!

I would still like to see your finished version. I always enjoy seeing other people’s work!

• Like 1

More pics to follow.
Still gotta weather it.
20220921_194411.jpg?dl=0

I would love to see your finished version. I always enjoy seeing other peoples work!

• Like 1