DLT-19x

It's been 90-95% complete for a while. Even carried it a few times.

Finally gonna finish it up in next few weeks. Adding the T rails. Then gonna scuff it up a bit. I'll add pics of just the rifle once Ts are added.20221002_130706.jpg?dl=0

• Like 3

Here is the finished. Unweathered DLT-19x. The natural weathering seen is from a few troops.

Still gotta add the wire around the Tbits on barrel. Then it's complete.

20230118_184340.jpg?dl=0

20230118_184402.jpg?dl=0

20230118_184438.jpg?dl=0

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2021 at 10:54 AM, Aradun said:

Chris, it’s a little more work and effort, but I second the “buy a DIY kit.” Not only will it save you some cash, but it’ll be waaay easier to sand and properly finish than a “finished kit.” Grab yourself some XTC-3D to smooth out the print lines and it will cut down on sanding immensely. Of course if you can get some mates in your Garrison to print one out for you and pay them for material and time, you might be able to save even more.

https://smile.amazon.com/XTC-3D-High-Performance-Print-Coating/dp/B01BKSLI9M/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?crid=27TV06TBWPASO&dchild=1&keywords=xtc+3d&qid=1633707798&sprefix=xtc&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&smid=A3AS28VK1N7A2B&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExQjhXVDFFSUxWSTgmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA1MjI5NTUyRlpOTFFXV0RSMzRRJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA0MTQxMjQySjdFRjI0TDIwMkdJJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfcGhvbmVfc2VhcmNoX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Here’s the free DLT19X files I used from Thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3940279

It include the bipod for the DLT19, but if your going for the 19X then you just want to make sure you print out the barrel piece that does NOT have the bipod mount, as there is no bipod on the 19X.

Here’s photos of my DLT19X. You can see how smooth you can get the finish to look when you use XTC-3D.

5220da37153d2186b3ebd3d37959ed28.jpg
df24ea419e8c94ac1f8a7f300db12066.jpg

Any idea of the STL files are posted at a new location? The thing verse link no longer works. 

@Dyne Mazic the creator pulled his stuff from Thingiverse sometime last year due to others using his files for profit on sites like Etsy.  He has them posted on Cults3D for a very nominal fee.  They’re excellent files and worth way more than the $4.34 he charges now.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/star-wars-dlt-19x-blaster-mg-34

11 minutes ago, Aradun said:

@Dyne Mazic the creator pulled his stuff from Thingiverse sometime last year due to others using his files for profit on sites like Etsy.  He has them posted on Cults3D for a very nominal fee.  They’re excellent files and worth way more than the $4.34 he charges now.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/star-wars-dlt-19x-blaster-mg-34

I still have the orginal thingiverse files which people I can send over if anyone wants them

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome work, Trooper!

Gave me inspiration to make one for myself.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

If anyone here is considering ImperialArms3D.com for their DLT-19x, I’d advise you to look elsewhere.

I placed my order for a Built & Finished rifle on March 11, with an expected completion in 6-8 weeks. Didn’t get a single update by May 30 (12 weeks later), so I sent an email to ask about my order.  No reply. Sent a live chat on his site and finally got a reply, apologizing for the delay. He said his shop was still recovering from the hurricanes last year, but my order would ship in a few weeks.

9 more weeks go by. On August 5 I emailed again and got a similar response: “My apologies for the delay in responding. I had to shut down for a bit to get my shop back up on its foundation due to the hurricanes last year. I should have your order ready in the next couple weeks though. I will message you when it ships.”

It’s now been 22 weeks since I placed my order. When (or if) I get it, I’ll update here. But even if the quality is second-to-none, I don’t think I can recommend this place unless people are very, VERY patient.

If anyone here is considering ImperialArms3D.com for their DLT-19x, I’d advise you to look elsewhere.

I placed my order for a Built & Finished rifle on March 11, with an expected completion in 6-8 weeks. Didn’t get a single update by May 30 (12 weeks later), so I sent an email to ask about my order.  No reply. Sent a live chat on his site and finally got a reply, apologizing for the delay. He said his shop was still recovering from the hurricanes last year, but my order would ship in a few weeks.

9 more weeks go by. On August 5 I emailed again and got a similar response: “My apologies for the delay in responding. I had to shut down for a bit to get my shop back up on its foundation due to the hurricanes last year. I should have your order ready in the next couple weeks though. I will message you when it ships.”

It’s now been 22 weeks since I placed my order. When (or if) I get it, I’ll update here. But even if the quality is second-to-none, I don’t think I can recommend this place unless people are very, VERY patient.

I’m sorry to hear this. Not sure what you can do about a refund given the length of time that has passed. Imperial Arms has had some noted issues with quality and timely delivery as noted in several posts above.

I also know of a garrison mate who ordered a DLT19X from them and while it matches the original MG34 in its length it is noticeably undersized in its thickness, which I suspect is done to save on materials and speed up print time. IMO it appears toy-like when held next to an accurately 3D printed version.

Thanks for alerting others to the issues you are experiencing. Hopefully it will save someone else from having to deal with similar issues. Hope things get resolved favorably for you.

Yeah, I should've joined here MUCH sooner so I could've done more research before ordering. I've seen the other posts about the quality and small size, so I'm lowering my expectations. At this point, all I can really do is keep waiting and asking for updates. Lesson learned!

Sorry to hear that. 

I did the 3d print method and self sanded and painted 

Shockingly, my order is finally finished and on its way to me, almost 24 weeks later. I'm out of town and won't be able to open it up until next week, but I'll try to figure out if it's the correct size or still using the scaled-down printing.

• Like 1

Okay, I'm home now and finally assembled my rifle. Overall it's decent. The sanding & finish isn't as smooth as I was expecting for a "Built & Finished" order, and I see a few spots that were missed entirely. But the weathering and the modularity is nice.
I still can't say with 100% certainty if the scale is correct or not. I look at one example and think mine looks the same, then I look at another and second-guess myself. So I took a couple pics of the rifle next to a BlasterWorks EC-17 for scale. If someone who has a correct-sized rifle can compare, we can put this to rest and I can decide if I'm going to get this into a Troop-worthy state or start looking for a new rifle and chalk this up as a lesson learned.
Even if it IS the correct scale, I wouldn't recommend this seller without some kind of guaranteed delivery time.

Photo-Aug-31-2023-1-59-59-PM.jpg?rlkey=5

Photo-Aug-31-2023-2-00-14-PM.jpg?rlkey=2

The scaling looks okay. Your barrel shroud looks a bit off from what I can see in your first photo. How does it look when looking down on the top. That’s where I find some of the Etsy models to be thinner.

For comparison:
0d26e5ab2b14ceb671143a29af1dd7d8.jpg

Thanks for the comparison shot! Very helpful. Here's mine from the same angle:
Photo-Sep-01-2023-9-39-25-AM.jpg?rlkey=y
Scale looks okay, maybe a tiny bit slimmer. Definitely not as smooth and finished as yours, but at least I can do something about that.

Full length shot, with bonus Loth-cat:
Photo-Sep-01-2023-9-40-35-AM.jpg?rlkey=4

It’s definitely a little slimmer but you should be okay so long as you remove the print lines and finish it properly.

I can see the weathering, but I can’t tell by your photos if it was painted black or if it is unpainted black filament. Regardless, keep in mind the following:

The butt and grip should be semi gloss black. The original grip was actually Bakelite, so there shouldn’t be any weathering on the grip itself. It looks like you have some that will need to be painted over. The rest of the blaster should be flat black. Once dry, apply a little graphite powder to blaster, rubbing it into the flat black and it’ll take on a gun metal finish. Then seal it with a clear coat.

The cooling fins on the barrel shroud were rubber, so they too should be free of weathering.

There is also a fine wire that wraps around the ends of the cooling fins that you will need to add. You’ll likely need to create a small notch in the fin with a file. Here’s a photo of what it should look like:

6c7a1b56b859cbd08473de41608d6a5b.jpg

For those tough to sand pieces, consider using XTC-3D. It’ll be a huge time saver. I applied it to my entire blaster and it cut down sanding by at least 85%. It’s self leveling so it really fills in the lines and gives you a pretty smooth surface to work with.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Back from the dead, and I'll be able to troop very soon, but I have a DLT question!

Any opinions on this kit? Sadly don't have time to print myself for now, so if I can at least have a base to work on..

https://www.etsy.com/fr/listing/1066454680/kit-dimpression-3d-dlt19-ou-dlt19-x-petg?click_key=cceb15fc1889202f79c97374d89dae4d062c9147%3A1066454680&click_sum=d27fc5b4&ref=shop_home_active_14&sca=1

Great to see you back John.

The photos of the finished blaster on Etsy aren’t the best resolution so it’s tough to see details, but parts of it look a little off. The shape of the scope is definitely off and so is the shape of the butt stock. If you compare it to the photo in the CRL you’ll see where the differences are.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/File:Generic-dlt19x.jpeg

I would also inquire of the seller the overall length of the prop to make sure it’s close to accurate. The original was 1219 mm or just shy of 48.”

Overall, I don’t think it would be an issue to get approved by your GML. However, a couple of tips if you get this particular model. If you’re going to go with the 19X don’t get the model that has both the scope and bipod. That won’t pass. The 19X doesn’t have a bipod so just get the scope version. Also when finishing the model make sure that the stock, grips, and the cooling fins have no weathering. The stock and grips were Bakelite and the fins were rubber.

• Like 1

Thank you!!

Oh absolutely I was looking at either DLT-19 or DLT-19x.  Yeah after looking properly I can see a couple of bits off here and there hmm..I'll go ask about the lenght, that's a good point!

Thanks for the help!!

Edit : Told me the blaster is 1,2m long ,so that checks out ,and apparently he knows of 3 members of the German garrison who uses them.

• 2 months later...

Hi all - I scanned, but did not read every single post. I was going to order through Imperialarms3D, but saw the recommendation to avoid. I don't have a printer and am not looking to buy one. Is there a reputable/quality source to buy a rifle? Thanks!