Pyro's Treadspeeder Driver

12 minutes ago, Pyro said:

I still need the pants, knees, shins, boots and possibly a new helmet as I don’t know it’ll the 3D printed TFA helmet is the one I want to use for it. 

@MrPoopie might be able to help you with some of those parts as he has modeled many of them for 3D printing.  

The pants seem pretty simple and there are probably some pre-made ones you could just modify.   Or commission a costume maker to make you some.

The TFA helmet will be fine for a Level 1 Treadspeeder Driver.   We will only require the TLJ/TROS helmet for L2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pyro said:

I still need the pants, knees, shins, boots and possibly a new helmet as I don’t know it’ll the 3D printed TFA helmet is the one I want to use for it. 

I don't think you will be able to use the TFA helmet, there are definite differences, TROS use the same helmet from TLJ, some differences between the helmets, clips, size, position and teeth, mouth and nose.

Some references for you

TFA

ProductPage01_267ad7af-fa1b-44d4-a717-f8

ProductPage03_b3718c47-6ce0-473c-ade1-02

TLJ/TROS/ Stormtrooper - Treadspeeder driver

1720077_xl.jpg

ProductPage_2.jpg

Side by side

compare.webp

Clips, size and recessed area3vAh17J.png

Those differences aren't any greater than some of the differences I see between the various Scout helmet makers, and we accept them for Level 1 and MOST of them for Level 2.  If we went by this rubric, we'd basically only be taking RS Props and EFX for Level 1, and that's not the case.

Level 1 is an "at a glance" standard, and at a glance, there's not enough major differences to warrant making it a Level 1 requirement.  Level 2 -- absolutely will require a TLJ/TROS helmet.

That might be different at FISD, but this ain't FISD.   They had their chance to build this CRL and they passed.  

3 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

Those differences aren't any greater than some of the differences I see between the various Scout helmet makers, and we accept them for Level 1 and MOST of them for Level 2.  If we went by this rubric, we'd basically only be taking RS Props and EFX for Level 1, and that's not the case.

Level 1 is an "at a glance" standard, and at a glance, there's not enough major differences to warrant making it a Level 1 requirement.  Level 2 -- absolutely will require a TLJ/TROS helmet.

That might be different at FISD, but this ain't FISD.   They had their chance to build this CRL and they passed.  

Just pointing out the differences.  Yes FISD don't see these as minor ;) What happens here can be a completely different story and yes there are differences in OTTK helmets too between makers, but personally I would still try to look as close to screen accurate, but that's me :D 

• Like 1

That's what Level 2 is for, to reward those folks that go the extra mile.  I am all for that.   

Here's the truth though -- this isn't going to be our next blockbuster CRL.  If we even have 20 of these at any one time, I would be thrilled.  I don't want to set up unnecessary hurdles for a costume that's likely to have only a few wearers (and a lot of them will probably be FOTKs that want to adapt their current rig).

I appreciate you filling in these details on this costume though -- all this still will go into the CRL, though some of the very particular bits will be for L2.  I try to maintain consistency with our CRLs, and I can't go more accurate on one than I do on our most popular CRL, the ROTJ Scout.  

Any basic pant pattern should be fine, but you'll want to leave off the pockets.  

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Pyro said:

Are these the pouches I will need for the belt? Star Wars Stormtrooper TFA First Order Stormtrooper Black image 1

Yes, it's 2 of each. 

3 minutes ago, Pyro said:

So 4 pouches in total? 

Yup. There are 2 on each side. They're mirrored. The normal FOTK only has one set (2 pouches) but the treadie has two sets (4 pouches). 

Just now, Pyro said:

Ok in 2 weeks I will place the order.

I've got a pattern if you feel like sewing them yourself. 

Just now, Pyro said:

Canvas fabric? Or will duck cloth work?

Cause I have alot of Black  Duck cloth laying around

As long as it's fairly stiff fabric it should work. You'll need to put something inside them to fill out anyway. Let me dig up the patterns and I'll post them. 

10 minutes ago, Pyro said:

There's two smalls there. Is there a big one too?

Sorry about that. I fixed the link. 

On 5/18/2022 at 11:16 PM, Pyro said:

Will this fabric work?

7 hours ago, Pyro said:

Will this fabric work?

That should work but it's difficult to see how tight the knit is. The treadie pants are made of a pretty tight knit fabric.

24 minutes ago, Pyro said:

How do these boots look? 
Black

Those should work. Just get some shoe/leather paint and you'll be set. I used the stuff below and it took a couple of bottle and something like 5 coats to cover everything sufficiently. You'll also need at least 2 coats of the clear gloss afterwards.

https://smile.amazon.com/Angelus-Acrylic-Leather-Paint-White/dp/B0196T961O/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=white%2Bleather%2Bpaint&qid=1654308490&sr=8-5&th=1

https://smile.amazon.com/Angelus-Acrylic-610-Finisher-Gloss/dp/B018R47K94/ref=sr_1_6?crid=304DT79COQNLB&keywords=clear+gloss+leather+paint&qid=1654308576&sprefix=clear+gloss%2Caps%2C152&sr=8-6