Pyro's Treadspeeder Driver

• 7 months later...

Ok I'm hoping that in a few weeks the weather should be nice enough to start assembling the upper body armor. Should I wait till I get the gaskets to do the arms? 

• Like 1

With the arms you want to make sure the gaskets will fit through so I would wait until they arrive. I have pretty skinny arms and had to add some foam to the insides of the biceps and forearms to help keep them central and stop any movement.

• Like 2

That's what I was thinking. Anything else I should be aware of? What would be the best place to get the gaskets? I guessing the rubber ones are not very comfy so would cloth ones be better?

5 minutes ago, Pyro said:

That's what I was thinking. Anything else I should be aware of?

A few differences between the TFA and TLJ/TROS but I'd say they would be higher level details.

With the TFA they top forearm plates where not fully glued at the front to allow the hand to come through, with TLJ/TROS they have a split and a zip in the middle, but at this stage I'm not aware of any makers who have incorporated that detail.

The front box and picattiny rail are one piece and cover the middle zip, I doubt you'll need to go this far and just leaving some of the front plate open should be fine, it's not enforced on FISD. Bottom right trooper.

247844260_tros23.thumb.png.2adc96a8870d98a52f1ef168aeb6f4e8.png

Small screw/grey head on picanttiny rail. You can also see the middle split in the below image.

untitledggggg.png.70f4b022f9f22071b94367small.untitled8.png.f4b2eb91374f64fe41e7

Inner elbow angles are different but again this may be a higher level requirement.

435825268_TLJforearmscompare.thumb.jpg.76d0f8bcc966e0ab885e24e2e182a430.jpg

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Pyro said:

I think the hardest part of this will be finding affordable boots, the shins/knees and the pants. 

Hopefully I can pull this off 

I'm still trying to work with KB Props to produce the shins and knees. I haven't forgotten about them. Last time I talked with him he was finishing up a few kits and getting back to more work after slowing down over the winter (too cold in his shop). The molds are done, they just need a little fine tuning. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Pyro said:

Awesome!

The boots do not need to be the exact ones used in the film.   There are plenty of close enoughs out there.  

2 hours ago, Pyro said:

I think the hardest part of this will be finding affordable boots, the shins/knees and the pants. 

Hopefully I can pull this off 

I managed to find some boots second hand which are the same as screen used but I've not dyed them white as yet, another one of those "I'll get to that soon" jobs ;) 

Pants I spoke to Geeky Pink and sent all the references and sizing but nothing back as yet.

Looking forward to seeing either some plastic parts or files to print for the leg armor, another one of those hold-ups so I've not rushed with everything else. 

• Like 1

I managed to find some boots second hand which are the same as screen used but I've not dyed them white as yet, another one of those "I'll get to that soon" jobs  
Pants I spoke to Geeky Pink and sent all the references and sizing but nothing back as yet.
Looking forward to seeing either some plastic parts or files to print for the leg armor, another one of those hold-ups so I've not rushed with everything else. 

Let me know what geeky pink says about the pants. I’m in the middle of a TLJ FOTK build, which, once it’s done I plan to convert it and get 2nd parts as needed to do this costume.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Pyro said:

What type of fabric should I use for the pants? 

We were looking at some polyester blend. Maybe full length baseball pants or chef pants. Then just making the front panels to sew onto them. 

• Like 1

Teresa was looking at the same fabric the FO snowtrooper uses

57 minutes ago, Pyro said:

Those are Youth size. Make sure to keep an eye out for rear pockets that aren't removable as well as reinforced knees. Some pants also have logos in undesirable locations. 

20 minutes ago, Pyro said:

Ok so I found these on ebay. Would these work foe the boots after I recolor them white?

Image 1 - Alpinestars boots 10.5 SMX-5 worn 1 time in perfect condition.

They look good to me.  As long as they largely in the same style they should be fine for Level 1.  

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent, the race is still on!

I still need the pants, knees, shins, boots and possibly a new helmet as I don’t know it’ll the 3D printed TFA helmet is the one I want to use for it.