Pyro's Treadspeeder Driver

So I got a FO TK kit in a trade and have decided to do a Treadspeeder Driver! The armor is 850 Armory and the gloves have been ordered from trooperbay.

151587777_10222935137500614_6150987503117682837_n.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent!  Let's get this CRL done :)

Do you know what version you want to do?  Because there is the production costume version and then there is the CGI version, which got more screen time as far as I can tell:

TreadspeederDriver-TROSVD.jpg

adaomgh99h441.jpg

I have no preference, but let's pick one so we know which to focus on.  There are some small differences between the two, mostly from the waist down.  The CGI trooper also seems to have some fins on his forearm armor that I don't see on the actual costume version

I'm going attempt the live action version. Those boots are pricey but maybe I can find some used ones. The helmet is a Rise of Skywalker helmet correct? The one that has the "teeth".

2 hours ago, Pyro said:

I'm going attempt the live action version. Those boots are pricey but maybe I can find some used ones. The helmet is a Rise of Skywalker helmet correct? The one that has the "teeth".

Great!  I'll draft with that version in mind.  

As for the helmet type.... FOTKs aren't really my specialty.   I had some folks note it was based off the TLJ trooper but I can't verify.   Personally, that seems like an L2 detail to me.  

Well if I can use the TFA helmet I had one 3d printed and I just need to assemble it and figure out a new mesh for the frown area as it was a pain to print. I recieved my gloves yesterday! Its slowly coming together.

• Thanks 1

That's fine.  We would only require the exact helmet for Level 2.  A TFA should be fine for our purposes.  We're not FISD so our requirement are going to be a little different.  

At this point I just want to get this one done!  :D

Could the CGI and live action be mixed or does it have to be one or the other? I’m worried about the boots. 
No we aren't mixing them. If the boots are an issue, let's focus on the CGI one. I have someone else that will hopefully be doing the live action variant at some point and they already have the boots.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

I'm not a big fan of the fins on the gauntlets on the CGI version : ( 
I found the boots but at $300 its going to be a while before I can afford that 

On 7/9/2021 at 1:04 PM, Pyro said:

I'm not a big fan of the fins on the gauntlets on the CGI version : ( 
I found the boots but at $300 its going to be a while before I can afford that 

Oh I'm fine with the fins being a Level 2 detail.  You can press on.

13 hours ago, Pyro said:

Do we have a 360 degree photo of the CGI version?

Not on the forum.  Someone should probably grab some screenshots from the film

11 hours ago, Pyro said:

Also the CGI boots are the flat soled boots right?

As far as I can tell -- yes.  They look like the same boots and spats that the regular FOTK wears.  Though I am by no means an expert on that costume.

Overall, the CGI trooper looks like a standard First Order TK except for the white pants and the knees, and a slightly different paint scheme on some of the armor pieces.   

The real life trooper looks like the simpler build other than the boots.  And more comfortable.  

e5d25d0a1dfb15547ffd03ef188cc951.jpg

I also have a friend attempting to make a model to print the knees for me! This is coming together nicely ! I just need the boots, pants and gaskets for the upper body.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

CG knee looks different than the real life one, for sure.  Is there 4 ribs?  That seems to be the right number.  

Looking good!

1 hour ago, Pyro said:

I believe its 5 ribs.

Yeah looking at it again I can totally see that.  I'll try to get some visual confirmation but lets go with 5

Needs some sanding and finishing, but that's a great start!