Pyro's Treadspeeder Driver

I've gone through and watched the Treadspeeder bit (which is less than 2 minutes of the movie's runtime) and it just moves too fast to tell.  
I only saw one shot where the camera sat still long enough for me to see anything and believe it or not but it was the live action version of the trooper.  Didn't even realize that it made the film.  But he's not wearing the blaster.

ca5b445f9ab73490a6f1f52fb281ffc6.jpg

Yeah I got that.  What I'm saying is you can't see how it's connected in the film. And the one instance of a driver you can see clearly....its the other variant. 

Looks like there is some sort of mount for the pistol there but I can't tell what it is.  Not sure if it's something found in other FO troopers.

EDIT -- looks like the forearms and the shoulder bells are the same as the Sith Jetpack Trooper, not the FOTK. 

first-order-treadspeeder-driver-main_0f8

On 7/23/2021 at 1:43 PM, BikerScout007 said:

Looks like there is some sort of mount for the pistol there but I can't tell what it is.  Not sure if it's something found in other FO troopers.

EDIT -- looks like the forearms and the shoulder bells are the same as the Sith Jetpack Trooper, not the FOTK. 

first-order-treadspeeder-driver-main_0f8

@MrPoopie -- looks like the CGI Treadspeeder driver has the same Shoulder bells, forearms and handplates as the Sith Jetpack Trooper.  But I am not sure if anyone has made armor for it -- 3d or otherwise.   What do you think?

Is there anyway we can bring this back over to the real life trooper?  Because I feel that's the easier of the two.  Here's the breakdown as far as I can tell

Real-life:

• From waist up, the armor is the same as the FOTK.  Actually from the crotch up, because the butt plate and codpiece are the same too.  The belt seems to have less boxes than the standard FOTK.  The forearm and bicep need the black paint on the inner half.
  • Needs the custom made pants (but so does the other version)
  • Needs custom knee plates (different shape than the CGI but still pretty simple)
  • Needs custom shins (but they look very similar to the Patrol Trooper so @MrPoopie already has a head start on those
  • Needs motorcycle boots.  Now I understand this is a sticking point because the actual Alpinestar boots used in the film are quite pricey.  But we would never require the actual boots for Level 1, just something similar.  If you can find a similar boot that is about the same height and paint it white, we are good to go here.

CGI Trooper:

• Chest, torso is the same as FOTK
  • All the arm armor (Shoulders, biceps, forearms and handplates) are from the Sith Jetpack Trooper.  So they need to be sourced or designed from scratch
  • Belt set up seems to be the same as the FOTK, but need to double check
  • Needs the custom made pants
  • Knee armor is custom but we already have that
  • There's a pistol holster that we can't see (or we can just leave out the pistol)
  • Shins and spats also seem similar to the Sith Jetpack Trooper (so same issue as with the arm armor.  They need to be sourced or designed from scratch).
  • Standard FOTK boots.  

As for the helmet, that's not really a big concern for me.  I'd say for Level 1, any FOTK bucket will do.  We'd only require the TLJ/ROS helmet for Level 2.

Just looking at these two, I'd say the real-life is the easier way to go.  If we can find some decent look-a-like boots that don't break the bank

@MrPoopie @Pyro -- thoughts?

EDIT:  Just browsing on eBay I found these for $48.   Paint them white and they'd be fine for Level 1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174821775338

13 minutes ago, Pyro said:

If I can use cheaper boots then I’m ok with doing the live action version 

Yeah we'd only require the exact boots for L2.  We don't require Sierra Sneakers for L1 Scouts and we don't require Orca Bays for L1 Shoretroopers.   So we wouldn't require the exact Alpinestars for L1.   But they do need to be a similar design and height -- which seems to be up to the calf. 

Borrowed this image from Glen's build thread:

Rc4UIwx.png

I'm  trying to find out the differences in armor from what already appears in the wild. Let me know what you guys think and if this lines up with how you're seeing it. I can model up the new leg armor for this if everyone agrees what we're going for.

Parts:

• FO TK Shoulder
  • FO TK Chest & Back
  • FO TK Bicep (different paint scheme)
  • FO TK Forearm (different paint scheme)
  • FO TK Hand Guard
  • FO TK belt with variations on pouches
  • FO TK Cod
  • "New" knee (attached underneath to shin with arm gasket material)
  • Similar shin armor to PT with modifications
  • "New" shin front plate
  • Like 3

This even seems to be the live-action driver. You can tell by the knee.

first-order-treadspeeder-main_c660d82a.j

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

I'm  trying to find out the differences in armor from what already appears in the wild. Let me know what you guys think and if this lines up with how you're seeing it. I can model up the new leg armor for this if everyone agrees what we're going for.

Parts:

• FO TK Shoulder
  • FO TK Chest & Back
  • FO TK Bicep (different paint scheme)
  • FO TK Forearm (different paint scheme)
  • FO TK Hand Guard
  • FO TK belt with variations on pouches
  • FO TK Cod
  • "New" knee (attached underneath to shin with arm gasket material)
  • Similar shin armor to PT with modifications
  • "New" shin front plate

Yeah that's how I see it.  

• Like 1

So if @MrPoopie designs a new knee and shin armor, @Pyro gets some reasonable Alpinestar look-a-likes and then paints them white... we'll be on to something here!

I've started rewriting the CRL to reflect the live action version of the trooper.

EDIT:  These look pretty decent too

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254455304193

2 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

So if @MrPoopie designs a new knee and shin armor, @Pyro gets some reasonable Alpinestar look-a-likes and then paints them white... we'll be on to something here!

I've started rewriting the CRL to reflect the live action version of the trooper.

EDIT:  These look pretty decent too

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254455304193

I'll get some models ready for scrutiny soon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So I’ve been looking at the Black Series FO TK helmet as the replacement for the 3D printed kit one. Would that be acceptable? I am more then willing to do the necessary mods to bring it to specs. 

45 minutes ago, Pyro said:

So I’ve been looking at the Black Series FO TK helmet as the replacement for the 3D printed kit one. Would that be acceptable? I am more then willing to do the necessary mods to bring it to specs. 

Honestly my dude, I am not an expert on anything having to do with TKs, much less FOTKs.

Let's see if we can get @gmrhodes13 to chime in.  He's a big deal over at FISD as well as Pathfinders ;)

• Like 1

Really would come down to DL, LMO thoughts, there are a few issues with the black series helmet, the lower ring (battery access), lower teeth are a bit off. I don't have one in front of me so I can't give a full review of the differences.

Here is a build over at FISD with someone converting one (red version) https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/50561-howto-convert-the-black-series-fo-helmet-to-be-more-accurate/

I started my build but had to stop as I was undergoing a few operations.

Problem areas for me are the pants with the raised padded areas, also the knee armor, shins, they are in pieces and have clips (appear to be FOTK style).

The other difference is the shoulder bells are not as rounded as the standard FOTK, I'll post some images of the differences when I'm back on the computer.

I did manage to purchase some second hand boots and a good price but have not changed the color as yet. 

Happy to help out with any references I may have or an extra pair of eyes @MrPoopie

• Thanks 1

Just now, Pyro said:

I've built a The Force Unleashed Incinerator trooper but I'm at a loss on the FO Tk lol  

All good man.  We're all here to help you get this one done (so I can FINALLY get it off my plate :D )

I'm a big believer in being consistent across all Pathfinder costumes when it comes to judging the accuracy of parts.  We have wildly differing variants of Scout armors on the market but they are all acceptable for Level 1.  Think RS Props vs. WTF for example.  Or the difference between an 850 Shoretrooper vs. an Imperial Surplus one.   So unless something is wildly off, it should be fine for what we are doing. 

Can't quite make out from the printed image but the TLJ and TROS helmets had slightly different clips and recesses on the helmet compared to the TFA so just check that on the model.

3vAh17J.png

7 minutes ago, Pyro said:

Mine is the TFA files that were on the FISD forums 

Teeth & nose cone are also different to the TFA files. Although an aNOvos image this shows the differences

2sbsexzlzri11.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a