zv288bot's Rebel's Biker Scout Build Thread

Zv288bot

Thank you for keeping such a thorough build thread! It will be a great reference to all those that desire to make this armor. Good luck with your submission!

• Like 2

Jorge, it’s been a great ride watching you put this build together for the last 7 months. As Peter said, your work and detail will be invaluable to future Rebels Scouts. Your pics look great and that photo with Chopper is awesome. Love it brother! Good luck with approval and looking forward to welcoming you to the ranks once elections are over!

• Like 1

Ok, the barcode (thanks@chopper for letting me know what it was called) was really bugging me. I cut some new vinyl, made it thicker this time and went with@chopper’s suggestion of just sticking with a line. After referencing some material, it appeared the top of the barcode is lined up with the top of the symbol on the right.

5a114263b04ccf0d8399e9d46f42d194.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I got some feedback from my GMLs and totally agree. It may have been in my “late night stupor” but the lines are definitely too thick and as pictured in the CRL should line up with the bottom of the red symbol. Also, the decals that came from Walt for the traps have a black outline. The CRL mentions the traps being gray but no mention of black outline. No big deal for either. I painted the traps with some gray enamel paint that had and re designed and cut a new barcode decal. Looking back at pictures when I got the armor, originally I thought I lost the decal but it looks like I never got them. Oh well. New pictures sent up last night. Sooo close.

32a42d0f4e04041a90ea09dbe3736635.jpg

f6021a2c05ca3ca2eb7a088886674eaf.jpg

86f5f9596883cd0c158d383ac7186c7a.jpg

ac6eb735c04c6c9cf28ec04e32995f6d.jpg

a7d77c7fc08635c24087c1e5bf26d82b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy stuff to fix up. I was a GML for my garrison for many years and the CRL is both pictures and words so they use both to make a determination regarding approvals. I think painting your traps was a fantastic idea and it looks SO much better than the stickers. I threw out the sticker for my chest armor cutout on my biker scout and painted it Humbrol Grey too. Nice work getting that knocked out! Looking forward to seeing this get approved.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for everyone who took the time to comment, like and support this journey. I have been approved today adding this costume as my 3rd in the 501st but already my favorite out of the bunch. Can't wait to wear it out and proudly represent the Pathfinders Detachment!

Thanks again!

• Like 1

Fantastic news! Congrats Jorge! You put together an excellent build which will be helpful to future scouts. Well done!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

Fantastic news! Congrats Jorge! You put together an excellent build which will be helpful to future scouts. Well done!

Thanks for all the encouragement! I really appreciated it. 

• 1 year later...

Great build thread. I will be following this once my WtF Scout gets here. I really wish Walt would redo the helmet build and take out having to put two halves together. Thats the biggest pain in the rear. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hey there! @Zv288bot I just purchased a Rebels Biker Scout from another member and I'd also be interested in the files if you'd be willing to share them! The one I got was also a WTF kit so it'd also be helpful having a blaster that would fit the holster!

On 1/17/2024 at 5:34 PM, Coolajxl said:

Hey there! @Zv288bot I just purchased a Rebels Biker Scout from another member and I'd also be interested in the files if you'd be willing to share them! The one I got was also a WTF kit so it'd also be helpful having a blaster that would fit the holster!

Yeah see. I commented back in July and never got a response. Hopefully he responds to you

33 minutes ago, Gree23 said:

Yeah see. I commented back in July and never got a response. Hopefully he responds to you

On 1/17/2024 at 6:34 PM, Coolajxl said:

Dang Sorry guys. My bad on not getting back to you. So, I printed it once and honestly, I'm not 100% happy with it. I took it to a local prop maker to inquire about making rubber versions of it. He's 100% down but I need to bring some details out from the designs. I haven't gone back to do so. Let me dig the files out and get it update and shared. Sorry again and thanks for your patience.

• Like 3

Absolutely no worries man! I actually did find someone else who's made the files for the blaster (I think he was actually the same guy who modeled the Rebels armor that Walt then used for the mold) and I bought them from him!

Guy is named Augusto Albahacac on Facebook.

GVQnlnG.png

• Like 1

Actually @Zv288bot I am curious, how have your helmet fans been holding up for ya? Have they helped with fogging ? Since making them back in 2021 have you made changes to them to make them more effective with fogging?

I’m curious because my helmet currently doesn’t have any in my scout helmet so I want to add them eventually

On 1/22/2024 at 11:26 AM, Coolajxl said:

Actually @Zv288bot I am curious, how have your helmet fans been holding up for ya? Have they helped with fogging ? Since making them back in 2021 have you made changes to them to make them more effective with fogging?

I’m curious because my helmet currently doesn’t have any in my scout helmet so I want to add them eventually

Honestly, I have zero issues with them and outside of charging the battery a couple times a year they have worked great and were super easy to install. My lense will fog up if they are not on as well. The fans definitely prevent that as well as just help with air movement in there. I have fans in all my helmets and honestly couldn't imagine trooping without.

• Like 1