Mountain Trooper costume draft

BikerScout007

3D Printable Shin & Knee (please do not distribute). These are symmetrical so they'll work for both legs.
MT-Shin
MT-Knee
Bad ass thanks for hard work

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heartstopper85 said:

Just confirming sizing of shin armor. We were going for ending a few inches from top of ankle correct?

Yes sir.  Looking at the toy I would say it ends at least 2 inches above the ankle

Yes sir.  Looking at the toy I would say it ends at least 2 inches above the ankle
Sounds good I went from 33cm which were kbs shins to 27cm so that ought to be just about right.

My 3d guy deff needs a case of beer when this is done lol

• Haha 1

Well worbla was too thin and to etch the details in foam doesnt look great

I think I'm just gonna have dsc mock up the cloth style hip armor with duck cloth and batting6de0245f1a2b7a2e378ca6cf902f3458.jpga07bcceb2050310b4c851c965a2d94d5.jpg

2 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Well worbla was too thin and to etch the details in foam doesnt look great

I think I'm just gonna have dsc mock up the cloth style hip armor with duck cloth and batting6de0245f1a2b7a2e378ca6cf902f3458.jpga07bcceb2050310b4c851c965a2d94d5.jpg

I'm gonna try to mock up the fabric style this afternoon, let me see what I can come up with.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For gaiters one our sewing experts in garrison had this left over to make gaiters for sking. Was wondering if this would work or we wanted to use duck cloth

Its like a snow jacket material water proof c4c407aae530e76deb4d644d8e1afda9.jpg

I probably shoudlnt ask but this isnt a spat like the snowies as well? I'm 100% ok with boot gaiters than shin armor plate with straps and knee attached e3b1f273c22567da973bfbd8f6560c30.jpg

2 layers of Duck Cloth (front and back), 2 layers of batting (behind the duck cloth), and a layer of craft foam sandwiched between.

49806758388_cd1475ace5_h.jpg

49806758583_5f4ba4d5f0_h.jpg

• Like 2

Now that's what I'm talking about

• Thanks 1

I'll hit up dsc assuming for sizing I need to give length to mid thigh than not sure on width I was using 12inches x 12inches and it was a bit long

Hiking ab will help as well

5 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

I probably shoudlnt ask but this isnt a spat like the snowies as well? I'm 100% ok with boot gaiters than shin armor plate with straps and knee attached e3b1f273c22567da973bfbd8f6560c30.jpg

Yeah I'm leaning that way.  I thought it might be shin armor but as you don't see it anywhere except there, it may as well be a spat.

5 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

I'll hit up dsc assuming for sizing I need to give length to mid thigh than not sure on width I was using 12inches x 12inches and it was a bit long

Hold up let's try to nail down a standard for this first.  

• Like 1

Yeah I'm leaning that way.  I thought it might be shin armor but as you don't see it anywhere except there, it may as well be a spat.
Deff fo style without the clip unless that part is covered by the gaiter. Aaron made a good point to look at pyre in same boxd3bb7656a714ce12063713331d2d5728.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, heartstopper85 said:

Deff fo style without the clip unless that part is covered by the gaiter. Aaron made a good point to look at pyre in same boxd3bb7656a714ce12063713331d2d5728.jpg

I'm convinced.  @MrPoopie ready to mock up one of these too?  :D

9 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

I did a rough measurement on myself and you can see those measurements in the pic below. It's also not a perfect rectangle. the bottom is longer than the top and comes forward a tiny bit more. there's also an amount of space to fit under the belt (this will be adjustable). I am a bit thin and tall though with a 32 waist but obviously we're going for a standard size so it may need to be just slightly wider.

49806861638_bea47fc180_h.jpg

8 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

I'm convinced.  @MrPoopie ready to mock up one of these too?  :D

Which part?

Yeah I'm 5 7 and skinny the belt is same size as the shoretrooper

Idk about 22cm would probably be mid thigh for me but I took that without armor on

Just now, MrPoopie said:

Which part?

The spat.  

1 minute ago, BikerScout007 said:

The spat.  

I could probably repurpose the Patrol heel file I have into a spat. Does it have that clip on it too? The clip is easy to make.

13 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Can I see a shot of the other side of the spat?

4 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

I did a rough measurement on myself and you can see those measurements in the pic below. It's also not a perfect rectangle. the bottom is longer than the top and comes forward a tiny bit more. there's also an amount of space to fit under the belt (this will be adjustable). I am a bit thin and tall though with a 32 waist but obviously we're going for a standard size so it may need to be just slightly wider.

It doesn't seem like these go all the way around like the Shoretrooper faulds do, so I think making two separate pieces that hang from the already existing belt is fine.

Also, to the extent it helps, my Shoretrooper fauld is 10 inches high