Mountain Trooper costume draft

BikerScout007

4 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

While I agree with fabric, I think their concern is that  the "grooves" are a bit wide and would take a tight double stitched line to make them seem like a "canyon" instead of just a simple sewing line. It's not impossible just not a normal technique that most people know how to do.

True, but we don't know if the width of the grooves is a side effect of having to replicate the design in plastic.  

I'd like to see canvas faulds mocked up if we can do it.  

Just now, BikerScout007 said:

True, but we don't know if the width of the grooves is a side effect of having to replicate the design in plastic.  

I'd like to see canvas faulds mocked up if we can do it.  

Agreed. I think with such limited detail on this costume it helps to have comparisons with parts that we're all not confident in how it was constructed. Ultimately we're trying to show how good we are at translating something into the real world not just getting it out the door quickly. There will always be time to refine later but best foot forward if possible now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrPoopie said:

Agreed. I think with such limited detail on this costume it helps to have comparisons with parts that we're all not confident in how it was constructed. Ultimately we're trying to show how good we are at translating something into the real world not just getting it out the door quickly. There will always be time to refine later but best foot forward if possible now.

Just for an example here is the Black Series Scout.  Check out the ribs on the bund:

Biker-Scout-Archive_Big_2.jpg

Just now, BikerScout007 said:

Just for an example here is the Black Series Scout.  Check out the ribs on the bund:

Biker-Scout-Archive_Big_2.jpg

Grey pouches? hmmm...

I get your point though.

• Haha 1

They remind me of these from Fallout 4:

latest?cb=20151206121806

• Like 1

Just now, heartstopper85 said:

Maybe we could come to a compromise with that as a level 3 option and foam as a level 1 just a thought

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

We don't do Level 3 here.   And I doubt we'll even go Level 2 with this one.  I'll leave the material open to a variety of things.  I just think we can all agree they shouldn't be hard armor

I'm not sure anyone will feel better until we can see what our options look like in the real world. Mockups should be made and then we can discuss more.

• Like 1

Shin and Knee. Thoughts?

49786306861_5e2ddf6816_b.jpg

49786627322_ae1d231108_b.jpg

I think the bottom edges of the knee should be a tad sharper and not as rounded if that makes any sense

Can see more of angle on bottom of plate imo3c2e5ce543e977ab28e885e70b431c27.jpg

4 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

I think the bottom edges of the knee should be a tad sharper and not as rounded if that makes any sense

Can see more of angle on bottom of plate imo3c2e5ce543e977ab28e885e70b431c27.jpg

Makes sense. I'll adjust. 

10 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Angles look right but maybe a bit too tall on the bottom

Not sure what you mean.

49785941703_40b5edcd33_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Keep in mind that I have to bring the knee down a bit so that we have something to attach the knee and shin together so there isn't going to be the gap like there is on the toy.

• Like 1

If everyone is ok with this I'll upload the files and ya'll can print to get the sizing right.

• Like 1

Apologies for going back to the soft parts for a moment, but I just wanted to put everything in one post to double-check:

• Boots: Tank Driver or Original Trilogy boots (have a heel), not R1TK or FOTK (no heel)
  • Gaiters: worn under shin armor - something like this, minus the understrap, in white canvas/cotton duck.
  • Pants: jodhpur/breech style black cotton duck (Tank Driver pants or Shore Trooper in black instead of brown)
  • Faulds/Kama:
    • In white canvas/cotton duck, with interior batting to provide thickness.
    • Mid-thigh in length.
    • Cover from the inner edge of the front-most belt box to the inner edge of the rear-most belt box on each side.
  • Pouches: made of the same material as the fauld/kama.
    • On the Black Series these are squarish and centered on the fauld.
    • On the Galaxy's Edge these are more rectangular and more forward.
    • Are we going with people can build either style pouch, as long as they are a matched pair, or just the square pouches, as they are a shared element over multiple costumes (TB, TS, FO Incinerator)?
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wompet said:

Apologies for going back to the soft parts for a moment, but I just wanted to put everything in one post to double-check:

• Boots: Tank Driver or Original Trilogy boots (have a heel), not R1TK or FOTK (no heel)
  • Gaiters: worn under shin armor - something like this, minus the understrap, in white canvas/cotton duck.
  • Pants: jodhpur/breech style black cotton duck (Tank Driver pants or Shore Trooper in black instead of brown)
  • Faulds/Kama:
    • In white canvas/cotton duck, with interior batting to provide thickness.
    • Mid-thigh in length.
    • Cover from the inner edge of the front-most belt box to the inner edge of the rear-most belt box on each side.
  • Pouches: made of the same material as the fauld/kama.
    • On the Black Series these are squarish and centered on the fauld.
    • On the Galaxy's Edge these are more rectangular and more forward.
    • Are we going with people can build either style pouch, as long as they are a matched pair, or just the square pouches, as they are a shared element over multiple costumes (TB, TS, FO Incinerator)?

I've already made some of these changes to the Draft CRL in the dedicated thread for that.  

We're still working some of this stuff out.  Where there are differences we'll probably go with a consensus choice that goes to the designer's likely intent.  Like we have with the Biker Scout. 

3D Printable Shin & Knee (please do not distribute). These are symmetrical so they'll work for both legs.

MT-Shin

MT-Knee