Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, KOtrooper said:

Except in the summer on a parade troop.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Trooping in the summer is for new guys :D  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I did a SUPER hot parade troop a few years ago as my TIE pilot - without a fan in my helmet because I'm an idiot and haven't installed it yet - and at the end we all nicknamed ourselves the "Inferno Squad" because we survived it. 🤣🔥

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry for the wait for the latest update but...

Pants and kama are finished and in the mail! Woot!

Still waiting for other ordered parts to arrive.

And...fit test! Not the best pic (will try to get a better one soon) and yes, those are three nuts/bolts, because God hates me. They should be covered though, and I'm anticipating possibly trimming some off the bottom? And yes, I still have a metric ton of trimming/sanding to do of course.

leg fit test 1e.jpg

• Like 1

So I was just browsing the Shoretrooper Fam group on Facebook and saw a post that was quite disparaging towards the Etsy person I bought my helmet from. It hasn't arrived yet but I wish I'd seen that post before I'd ordered and now I'm pretty damn paranoid I just burned a whole lot of money on a helmet I won't even be able to wear. :(

I guess I'll have to see? I don't really have the cash to be burning on mistakes like this. Sigh.

12 hours ago, LTCAlex said:

So I was just browsing the Shoretrooper Fam group on Facebook and saw a post that was quite disparaging towards the Etsy person I bought my helmet from. It hasn't arrived yet but I wish I'd seen that post before I'd ordered and now I'm pretty damn paranoid I just burned a whole lot of money on a helmet I won't even be able to wear. :(

I guess I'll have to see? I don't really have the cash to be burning on mistakes like this. Sigh.

Ah, yeah, the listing for that lid looks questionable.  😕  Is it too late to cancel the order?  If not, it'll be interesting to see what you receive.  The pics posted from his other ST lid sales don't look right to me.  For example, the visor is mounted in a way that makes it recessed relative to the visor rim below it.  
50942167383_fac6757d2b_z.jpg

The visor would, in theory, be able to pivot down and over the eyes to protect them.  So it should look like it floats over the edge above the eyes, not sit on top of it.  The visor looks kind of squished to me, making the entire top part of the helmet seem too narrow.

See just a few of these lids for comparison:

50942182423_7ef4db09bb.jpg50942877431_caf7d45b86_o.jpg

This is just something I'm observing from my admittedly untrained eye.  It jumps out at me for sure.  Maybe yours won't be like this?  🍀

The blaster is pretty horrific and most likely is not approvable. See if it can be cancelled or try to contest with Etsy. Keep us posted. We will walk with you through this to get you approved as a Shoretrooper. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, KOtrooper said:

The blaster is pretty horrific and most likely is not approvable. See if it can be cancelled or try to contest with Etsy. Keep us posted. We will walk with you through this to get you approved as a Shoretrooper. 

The helmet's already been shipped. He sent me a picture of the printed label. I think it's too late to contest or get a refund. I think I'll have to take my lumps on this one and just find a new (and approvable) helmet to get. Sigh. Ouch, my wallet. 

22 hours ago, LTCAlex said:

The helmet's already been shipped. He sent me a picture of the printed label. I think it's too late to contest or get a refund. I think I'll have to take my lumps on this one and just find a new (and approvable) helmet to get. Sigh. Ouch, my wallet. 

Send us photos when you get it. If the blast shield is the only issue, you might be able to switch it out with a more accurate one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, KOtrooper said:

Send us photos when you get it. If the blast shield is the only issue, you might be able to switch it out with a more accurate one.

Will do and that would be awesome!

• Like 1

My sexy shoretrooper gloves arrived today! Tried them on and they fit...well, like a glove. ;)

Did a tiny bit of trimming yesterday on the shinguard thingies for the leg armour. Just need to sand their edges and glue them on and then after that I'll do the top attachments. 

shore glovese.jpg

• Like 2

I know it's not that exciting but depression's been kicking my ass lately so I consider any progress on this front good. Today I forced myself to do some minor sanding on the edges of these shinguard thingies. Tomorrow I'm gonna try to force myself to finish up the sanding and attach them to the other leg armour. Recording this here as motivation and accountability because dang, I really do wanna be a shoretrooper. They's so pretty. 😊

shinguard thingies 1e.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome! Looking fwd to seeing more of your build!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

No gluing yet but that's only because I'd totally forgotten about all the sanding I had yet to do. So. Sanding. Boring but necessary. Also I hate every second of doing it. Tomorrow I'll finish up this leg and do the other and then...gluing. 

Dear Cthulhu I hate sanding things so much and can't wait to be done with it. 🙄

But also, in all sincerity, thanks for all of your cheerleading - you guys are keeping me going, along with the encouragement I'm getting elsewhere. I really appreciate it. A little bit at a time seems to be all I can do so I will just...keep doing it. Along with wait impatiently for all my mailpakidges to arrive. ❤️

leg sandinge.jpg

The payoff in the end will be well worth the wait and seemingly endless sanding Alex. Hang in there, you’re making great progress and things look really good! Keep it up!

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2021 at 11:38 PM, LTCAlex said:

Dear Cthulhu I hate sanding things so much and can't wait to be done with it. 🙄

Be glad you're not 3D printing your kit.  😆 

(also a card carrying member of the I Hate Sanding club)

• Haha 1

Attached the fronts to both legs! :)

Next up: attaching the respective top pieces after any trimming/sanding. After that is waiting for the rubber straps/clips to arrive.

leg front armoure.jpg

• Like 1

Any progress is good progress. 

It's hard to tell from the photo but does the base of the front of the shins line up with the base of the shins?

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, KOtrooper said:

Any progress is good progress. 

It's hard to tell from the photo but does the base of the front of the shins line up with the base of the shins?

They do not, however, the shins sit really high on me so I was thinking I might have to trim some off the bottoms anyway. I'm gonna try them on with my boots and see how they sit before I do anything though. 

Ok - shoot us some photos with the armor on with the boots before you do that. Better to get some other eyes on it before things get cut. :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KOtrooper said:

Ok - shoot us some photos with the armor on with the boots before you do that. Better to get some other eyes on it before things get cut. :)

Will do! :) 

Unfortunately the lighting didn't cooperate so I put a green line where the space is near the bottom. It's not too much from looking straight at it. I just measured the visual - where those green lines are - with a ruler and, on both shins, it's half an inch from the bottom of the guard down to the bottom of the plate on both shins, going on a strictly visual "looking at it from the front" basis. (Hopefully this all makes sense.)

leg fit test 2a.jpg