MrPoopie's Patrol Trooper Build

MrPoopie

Cheers Justin ,

Id rather ask as the GML's over here can be a bit picky.  So smooth collar would be as you have done it. That's good to know 🙂

• 2 weeks later...

One more q if I can. 

what’s the size of the tpu panels?  Just looking at 3 printers and obviously wanna get one with a big enough build volume 

There are 2 TPU Ab panels per side. They don't meet up in the back and are covered by the back ab armor section. The front also has the front ab section.

The larger TPU section is 25.1cm x 22cm and the smaller section is 22.9cm x 22cm

53672684930_aac6b95c90_h.jpg

53672235526_d242b4545e_h.jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MrPoopie said:

There are 2 TPU Ab panels per side. They don't meet up in the back and are covered by the back ab armor section. The front also has the front ab section.

The larger TPU section is 25.1cm x 22cm and the smaller section is 22.9cm x 22cm

Thanks so much @MrPoopie so given my issue ( If you’d seen my scout WIP ) 

it’s now just an issue of size.   I’m guessing there isn’t a fixed size on the panels other than build volume so I was hoping I could resize the “width” so the two sides reach a wee bit further round to cover the inner bund ( which I will copy lol ) and also the rest panel but still keep the gap at the back. Which will be covered by the rear panel. 

just need a jacket and trousers sorted and that’s proving incredibly difficult

lost count of the costume makers I’ve asked and either said no or don’t respond 

might have to get desperate lol

Thanks for the pics Justin very good of ya 

If you know how much more length you need I can easily adjust the models to extend them for your size while keeping the scale correct.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

If you know how much more length you need I can easily adjust the models to extend them for your size while keeping the scale correct.

I can send over the size chart I gave chef if that would help.

Plan is if I can source a jacket and pants id then buy your files and then eventually print them off. 

Ive added to dropbox and DM'd the link

• Like 1

Hey guys, just in case it is useful to you. I have had some trial and error prints for the TPU Parts, so ended up with a few extra. In order to avoid the division line, my GML suggested to use the extra ones and cut them diagonally. Something like this.oqU0cL1.png?1

This way there is no visible division line between each panel. Or at least not as much as using the 4 panels side by side.

Have not build it yet so I cannot tell right now if this is a better approach or not. But still wanted to share it with you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MatuteX77 said:

Hey guys, just in case it is useful to you. I have had some trial and error prints for the TPU Parts, so ended up with a few extra. In order to avoid the division line, my GML suggested to use the extra ones and cut them diagonally. Something like this.oqU0cL1.png?1

This way there is no visible division line between each panel. Or at least not as much as using the 4 panels side by side.

Have not build it yet so I cannot tell right now if this is a better approach or not. But still wanted to share it with you.

Thanks. I might update my files to reflect this change. Any way to help minimize post processing on TPU is good.

• Like 2

On 4/22/2024 at 11:24 PM, MrPoopie said:

Thanks for that , how would they be arranged around that bund , ie if the bund was unzipped and laid flat 

Cheers

You can see the image below. there are 2 sections on either side of the back plate. The whole bund zips in the front behind the front ab plate. There are also a couple of shoulder straps to keep everything in place. If you look you can see the seam between each of the printed sections. The extra space on the bottom has velcro which is where the belts attaches.

AP1GczMHNr6EyT2ts2_mIZnaTIGhEf6mGg3avPk3

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

You can see the image below. there are 2 sections on either side of the back plate. The whole bund zips in the front behind the front ab plate. There are also a couple of shoulder straps to keep everything in place. If you look you can see the seam between each of the printed sections. The extra space on the bottom has velcro which is where the belts attaches.

AP1GczMHNr6EyT2ts2_mIZnaTIGhEf6mGg3avPk3

Thanks man. 

so the 2 smaller tpu sections are on the outside and the widest one is , just wonder as the widest one you said was 48cm and is that printed in 1 piece or is it essentially 4 pieces and 2 are joined together to make the wider one. 

guess im badly trying to ask on that great pic about which section goes where 

sorry for not being a bit clearer earlier

Each side (left and right) have 2 pieces which when glued together equal 48cm. The section with the holes will be facing the front of the body and the holes are for attaching the triangular sections. The picture of the model (in purple) that you see above is of the left side of the abs. The right side would be a mirror copy.

If you look closely just to the left and right of the back plate you can see the seam where the pieces are glued together.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrPoopie said:

Each side (left and right) have 2 pieces which when glued together equal 48cm. The section with the holes will be facing the front of the body and the holes are for attaching the triangular sections. The picture of the model (in purple) that you see above is of the left side of the abs. The right side would be a mirror copy.

If you look closely just to the left and right of the back plate you can see the seam where the pieces are glued together.

Got it.  4 total panels.  2 each side 

awesome. Thanks again mate