MrPoopie's Patrol Trooper Build

MrPoopie

Looking good, the collar appears not too high so you may be able to turn your head 😃

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hask said:

Looking good, the collar appears not too high so you may be able to turn your head 😃

That's the dream. My helmet is almost ready to ship to me and then I'll know how much movement I'll have. Soooooon... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glynn said:

Which helmet are you using?

It's from a new maker. I worked directly with someone for the past year trying to design the most screen-accurate helmet we could. There was lots of back and forth between us as well as input from @BikerScout007.  This is the only photo I can show right now just a peek. He'll start selling them as soon as I get mine for final approval. Honestly it's as good if not better than the Anovos Patrol Trooper Helmet. As soon as everything is approved we'll post up details.

50432804066_0615fae3a9_b.jpg

• Like 4

Now that is a gorgeous dome! Count me on board for that beauty whenever that becomes a thing! :)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, AradunFF said:

Man that is sweet! You’ve got on heck of a gift Justin!

I can only take credit for the eyes on the details. The actual modeling was done by someone else (don't want to name anyone yet). I took the supervisory role with this one.

• Like 3

Just looking for some opinions about weather before I dive in head first. I did a bit of a test on the shoulder straps and buckles only. Is this the right amount of weathering?

50447721838_af02691cf7_h.jpg

• Like 1

I would love to see that helmet front on, I spent many a night talking to Mickey about what I would like to see. The biggest being they need to be wider at the base/tube area than current models. As for weathering i had to give mine a fair amount due to a repaired crack in the chest armour, I would say yours is fine, however I would suggest carrying on as you are and take photos when kitted up, if you then feel it needs to be heavier do it then, its always easier to add than remove.

31 minutes ago, Hask said:

its always easier to add than remove.

Thanks. I'll plow forward. 

• Like 1

Got some weathering done this weekend. A few bits to go still but I feel pretty good about it so far. I'm going to add some subtle silver details wear it looks like deeper scratches through the armor and metal parts as well as a little bit of brown accents to some of the grooves to seem like it's corroded a bit from the harsh atmosphere. Theboots will get a bit more broan as well for mud and such.

Also included is the variant of the EC-17 that the Patrol Troopers use with the tilted scope.

50465127012_d0bc21ddd3_h.jpg

50464268388_0ab318eb24_h.jpg

50465124742_40e15d6985_h.jpg

50464267083_0a1eadc99c_h.jpg

50464266633_f7f09445be_h.jpg

50465123017_b1ee281236_h.jpg

50464964071_96b54b88a0_h.jpg

50465122442_2f97e25b59_h.jpg

50464270848_5b4744e822_h.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Glynn said:

Would you be able to post a pic of where and how you have attached the shin buckles?

For the buckle that rests on the back calf cover I cut a small square of scrap ABS and attached it to the bottom of the buckle before gluing it to the calf cover sitting in the recessed area where the strap goes.

50473200271_ae85d9f266_h.jpg

For the other side . I used more scrap ABS to make a curved plate and then used 2 squares of ABS to lift the buckle a little bit higher so it lined up properly to the calf as well as the front shin armor. I then used velcro on the outer side of the plate to attach it to the shin armor. It makes more sense when you see the picture below.

50472499723_d61d14e4c8_h.jpg

• Like 1

Test fitting with most parts. I had to use an Adidas sweatshirt as a stand in for the PT jacket. Without the arm armor it makes me look about 30 lbs. heavier. I'm pretty happy with how most things fit and feel. I've noticed a few things that need adjusting but nothing major so far. The weight of the legs is much less noticeable once the waist, belt and chest are on, although still not as cumbersome as I was expecting. 

PT Test fitting

PT Test fitting

PT Test fitting

PT Test fitting

• Like 3

Coming along nicely, keep an eye on the boot armour though try to prevent the gap between the toe and bridge sections.

5 minutes ago, Hask said:

Coming along nicely, keep an eye on the boot armour though try to prevent the gap between the toe and bridge sections.

Thanks for the reminder. I wanted to add a small strap underneath but forgot. 

• Like 1

That looks rad man!  I need to get my butt in gear!

• Like 2

• 3 years later...
On 9/20/2020 at 5:22 PM, MrPoopie said:

Started working on the Ab section. Mainly the sides and bund to hold up the waist area as well as the belt. @MrsPoopie made me a bund harness which zips in the front for easy access. The sides, front abs, back plate and belt will all velcro to this to hold everything place and keep it from slipping. I still need to add the pads for the shoulder straps but it's basically complete as it is right now. I also started a test of the new flexible sides printed out of flexible TPU filament. I have to say this stuff is amazing once I got the printer dialed in to be able to print (lots of settings changes). Having rigid sides never seemed like the right choice for this armor. I designed this so that the back ends of each side can be cut down if you're smaller or left intact if you're larger. I'm really pleased with how it's working out so far. I mounted the side details by drilling through the side sections and attaching Chicago Screws to the plates with glue. this way the sides will still flex but the armor plates will stay in place. After my test version I updated the model so the holes are already present (Huzzah!). HOpefully I can get these painted today and start to mount everything for a proper fitting.

50364182402_b313f1213e_h.jpg

50364181997_351fbf91e9_h.jpg

50363318108_7179e12a25_h.jpg

50364180872_028c29c05e_h.jpg

50364179652_f5f2a5f253_h.jpg

Was watching the CRL and suit up video.  Was wondering how the flexible sections were secured to that genius inner bund harness. 

1 hour ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

Was watching the CRL and suit up video.  Was wondering how the flexible sections were secured to that genius inner bund harness. 

The TPU ab sections are velcro backed and they stick to the inner bund via velcro sewn on. I also have suspenders attached directly to the bund to keep everything in place. I will say that I do geta bit of a shoulder ache after about an hour when suited up because of the weight of the abs, belt, chest and back. All the 3D printed material weight really adds up and can be a little heavy. 

When I designed my Mountain Trooper files after this one I learned a few things about how to cut down weight and mount the internal bund to the undershirt directly instead of using suspender straps which can cut into my shoulders causing the aches. I'm currently in the middle of that build and will be posting pictures soon of what I'm talking about.

• Like 1

Ahh thats a genius solution.

So essentially you could make a modified scout bund without the padded strips on the front and add a zipper instead of the velcro . That all makes so much sense.  

Be very interesting to see your solution to the strap ache , I sort of considered something like the batted material from the bund and have the strap pass over that ( just wide enough to fit the strap ) or something like the arm padding off a backpack but smaller again.

And then velcro the stuff. 

Genius solution Cheers man

• Like 1

forgot to ask, CRL shows the shirt with a ribbed neck seal as part of the shirt but the video shows yours doesn't. Is it a separate piece or is it not needed anymore

The CRL does not require it. The shirt in the CRL is from ArmoryShop and they took liberties with some things which we originally did not have enough detailed images for. This means that either a ribbed or smooth collar is acceptable.its very difficult to see once the helmet is on anyway. For reference the Hot Toys model has a smooth to collar.

• Like 1