MrPoopie's Patrol Trooper Build

MrPoopie

Well I guess I should make a build thread too. All the cool kids are doing it. 

First up are my belt pouches. I made a couple of sets of these this weekend.

50237319171_a1c32b5b4a_h.jpg

I've already got my boots, gloves, and pants

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Hask said:

Dont forget its 2 large one small if going for ChiPs

Thanks. I always get this confused. Easy enough fix since I have a ridiculous amount of vinyl left and I can easy sell off the other small pouches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More work on belt parts. I made the correct pouches now (Thanks @Hask) and printed up all my front belt parts. The printers have been running full steam lately to get these parts produced. Now I just have to wait for my new stock of PETG to arrive. Got the belt cut too, this rubber stinks, and I may have to hang it outside for a week or two. I've got more than enough materials that I should be able to make extra pouches and belts for some other PTs.

50245629922_ab1009fc7e_h.jpg

50245629687_b6448b0f3f_h.jpg

50244780798_e3fecc797c_h.jpg

• Like 6

More work on belt parts. I made the correct pouches now (Thanks [mention=83969]Hask[/mention]) and printed up all my front belt parts. The printers have been running full steam lately to get these parts produced. Now I just have to wait for my new stock of PETG to arrive. Got the belt cut too, this rubber stinks, and I may have to hang it outside for a week or two. I've got more than enough materials that I should be able to make extra pouches and belts for some other PTs.
50245629922_ab1009fc7e_h.jpg
50245629687_b6448b0f3f_h.jpg
50244780798_e3fecc797c_h.jpg

Wow just wow love those pouches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Baton Holster. I wanted it to be more functional than just a rigid plastic piece. Using leather straps and buttons I should get the look right as well as being more realistic. The double straps will be glued together and the blue tape replaced with a white button snap. Luckily I had my old Baton still hanging around to test with.

50245233508_686f5cf6d9_h.jpg

50245233703_d97f7fdf04_h.jpg

50246080207_59199ce0d0_h.jpg

• Like 5

Interested to see what you come up with, when I studied the holster it appeared from the ltd references I had to have left over right closure with possible snaps painted white but I could not confirm. 

8 hours ago, Hask said:

Interested to see what you come up with, when I studied the holster it appeared from the ltd references I had to have left over right closure with possible snaps painted white but I could not confirm. 

Which photos do you have? I have a few from the Sideshow figure and the official promo shot of the guy on the bike. If you're looking straight at the holster the right side overlaps the left side. Is this what you meant. That's my goal, is to add a white snap on each strap and let friction do the work of holding the Baton in place, it seemed to work really well in my test with the painters tape. I'll need to make it tight enough that even if it loosens over time it will still work. The large backing plate on the holster will be hidden behind the belt and secured with Chicago screws. I'm working on getting the belt parts painted and finished over the next couple of days.

50251137258_03fc33f6c8_c.jpg

• Like 1

Hot Toys, Sideshow dont make a PT😉, that was most of my ref but I had a few photos i cant find now. But yes thats what I meant plus the bump could have been a popper. Seems we are both on the same train of thought😀

• Like 1

Great idea on updating the holster.  I've been working on my baton to get it to fit better.  Even to the point that if I can find some rubber for the grip, I'd try a lathe to turn a baron a little smaller to fit into my AS Holster.  I think you are on the right path...

The thought of using some magnets in the holster to keep it in your style of holster has crossed my mind.  Hmmmm....

Just now, wingnut65 said:

Great idea on updating the holster.  I've been working on my baton to get it to fit better.  Even to the point that if I can find some rubber for the grip, I'd try a lathe to turn a baron a little smaller to fit into my AS Holster.  I think you are on the right path...

The thought of using some magnets in the holster to keep it in your style of holster has crossed my mind.  Hmmmm....

I thought about magnets originally too but then ran into some roadblocks trying to figure out placement on the center ring of the Baton. Ultimately I went with a 3D printed Baton and plastidipped the ribbed sections. This gives a nice amount of grip and looks and feels like rubber. Since the 3D parts are relatively light the friction from the Plastidip and leather straps seems to be more than enough to hold everything in place, at least through testing. The holster is in the process of being painted right now. Once it's dry I'll install the straps and we'll know if the test was correct.

• Like 1

Finished Baton version 2. This one is more accurate. 

PT BatonPT Baton

• Like 5

Holster snaps installed. They're a little bit tighter than I wanted. I forgot to account for the height of the snap but it's leather so it'll stretch. Just need to paint the snaps white and That part will be done.

50268385608_155fb30b52_h.jpg

50269223877_71cbeb34ae_h.jpg

50269051346_3a472ef1fb_h.jpg

• Like 3

On 8/21/2020 at 8:11 AM, MrPoopie said:

Which photos do you have? I have a few from the Sideshow figure and the official promo shot of the guy on the bike. If you're looking straight at the holster the right side overlaps the left side. Is this what you meant. That's my goal, is to add a white snap on each strap and let friction do the work of holding the Baton in place, it seemed to work really well in my test with the painters tape. I'll need to make it tight enough that even if it loosens over time it will still work. The large backing plate on the holster will be hidden behind the belt and secured with Chicago screws. I'm working on getting the belt parts painted and finished over the next couple of days.

50251137258_03fc33f6c8_c.jpg

It almost looks like the baton holder is a PVC pipe, or a 3D printed part that looks like it. 

Holster snaps installed. They're a little bit tighter than I wanted. I forgot to account for the height of the snap but it's leather so it'll stretch. Just need to paint the snaps white and That part will be done.
50268385608_155fb30b52_h.jpg

50269223877_71cbeb34ae_h.jpg

50269051346_3a472ef1fb_h.jpg

Wow thats one Nice Baton holder
You made

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Hemmed my pants and added stirrups to keep everything in place. I also replaced the stock boot back strap and snap with a more accurate version. Two layers of black marine vinyl with a new black snap. Then everything had to be hand sewn on. Hand sewing multiple layers of leather and vinyl is always a delightful task. 

PT Boot StrapPT Boot StrapPT Boot StrapPT Boot StrapPT Boot StrapPT Boot Strap

• Like 2

Dude, your work is always phenomenal. Great attention to detail as always.

• Thanks 1

Chest and back glued together. The back lined up really well, the Chest however will need significant filling in the center but otherwise in happy with the details. Added some reinforcements out of scrap ABS to get the chest to line up properly. 

PT Chest & Back

PT Chest & Back

PT Chest & Back

PT Chest & Back

• Like 5

I originally had 3D printed Blaster holster but decided I'd try to see if I could cut and bend some ABS to make a sturdier version. Success.

50345547248_02745a041a_h.jpg

50345546923_f35d54a1a7_h.jpg

50346402382_dd4b8191bf_h.jpg

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Thx1978 said:

Edit: Ok I asked if you printed this but have now seen you shared your files for printing. Pretty cool!

Yup. @BikerScout007 and I are building from my models at the same time. Friendly competition and sharing of resources. 

• Like 2