Scout Trooper: The Mandalorian - (Approved) Christina's Build

Photos submitted yesterday and approved today.

2aXPTzb.jpg

Another costume down. Now to get back to my Shoretrooper Grunt build and Din Djarin Beskar build. 

Approved Costumes: ANH Stunt Stormtrooper, ANH Centurion Hero Stormtrooper, ANH Sandtrooper, ANH Tusken Raider (RL/501ST Approved), ESB Snowtrooper, ROTJ Pagetti Rook, ROTJ Scout Trooper, Mandalorian Scout Trooper, ANH Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot, ESB Luke Skywalker Snowspeeder Pilot, ESB Hoth Luke Skywalker.

• Like 9

Great job, Christina!  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

Great job, Christina!  

Thanks so much. Later then I wanted and I missed being the CRL model but it’s fine, as it’s finished the way I wanted it to look and I’m very happy with it. Now if only trooping would resume...

• Like 1

• TKZombie changed the title to Scout Trooper: The Mandalorian - (Approved) Christina's Build
  • 1 month later...

@TKZombie So you ended up only using raw and burnt umber for your weathering colors on the white armor and cummerbund?  Outstanding job by the way, this is top notch work! 

5 hours ago, Johnny_GoEasy said:

@TKZombie So you ended up only using raw and burnt umber for your weathering colors on the white armor and cummerbund?  Outstanding job by the way, this is top notch work! 

Yes raw umber as the overall base layer then burnt umber and raw umber as layers to build depth in the weathering. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

@TKZombie Did you apply the acrylic paints to the cummerbund and pockets in the same way you did with the armor? Also, how has the weathering been holding up? Does is smear or rub off after use?

9 minutes ago, JBar said:

@TKZombie Did you apply the acrylic paints to the cummerbund and pockets in the same way you did with the armor? Also, how has the weathering been holding up? Does is smear or rub off after use?

I use artists oil paints not acrylics.

Once dried, which takes several weeks it’s basically on there for good, it can be scratched as any paint can. But if Ty want to clean it off 99% isopropyl alcohol will take it off.

On the fabric I use oil paints as well but very, very lightly dry brushing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

@TKZombieOne last question, how did you weather the Baby Yoda bag? Did you use the same teabag and paint method as the other soft parts?

1 hour ago, JBar said:

@TKZombieOne last question, how did you weather the Baby Yoda bag? Did you use the same teabag and paint method as the other soft parts?

Actually I didn't do any weathering on it, it came like that. But if your's is too new looking a tea dye would help and some light drybrushing to weather the edges, as well as some sanding on the edges. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, JBar said:

My bag was very "yellow" compared to an original.  I you have an original vintage bag the color should match the Rothco belt perfectly.  I dyed mine using a mix of coffee and earl gray tea.  I soaked it quite long and did 3 sessions.  I then used the artists oil paints mentioned above to dirty it up

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Finally got two actually troop in my Scout Trooper and I had a photo shoot done at Toronto Comic-Con 2022.

JJhDPi4.jpg

wIa9wws.jpg

0WWrD8o.jpg

8ppoGou.jpg

pREAVJf.jpg

VivFnVZ.jpg

8Lr43Re.jpg

uDSbGy0.jpg

4xwF21w.jpg

nDJnAAy.jpg

DgJK9Kv.jpg

HEQkpEE.jpg

DmKbG11.jpg

thci1ih.jpg

3Hu8V9f.jpg

BY7ccDY.jpg

qwwmJDH.jpg

• Like 4

Awesome photos!

How’s the weathering holding up? Are the oils full dried and set now, or are they rubbing off?

Btw, been meaning to thank you for a while: I’ve borrowed your oil weathering technique on a full scale B1 droid. Finally using those artist oils I’ve had stored for 20 years (old scale/figure modeller).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Tarok said:

Awesome photos!

How’s the weathering holding up? Are the oils full dried and set now, or are they rubbing off?

Btw, been meaning to thank you for a while: I’ve borrowed your oil weathering technique on a full scale B1 droid. Finally using those artist oils I’ve had stored for 20 years (old scale/figure modeller).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Once dried nothing comes off. You can scratch it and it would but otherwise the only way to remove it is with 90% isopropyl alcohol. I’ve never sealed any of my weathering. It’s usually a month to fully cure. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/29/2020 at 8:00 PM, TKZombie said:

Well, its been a long break away from the costume. I wasn't happy with the weathering, the amount too heavy and colour wasn't working for me so I decided to restart. Then my father had a heart attack and life just feel apart from there for a long while!

Anyways I'm back...Cleaned parts...ready for the next pass...

LZpNZE4.jpg

I've decided to work from a different base this time, Raw Umber for the first layer, and then I'll add Burnt Umber as a highlight. 

Raw Umber application, then wiped down and dry brushed to add depth in colour and then distressed for wear. 

6D6D6uD.jpg

B50IckM.jpg

Raw Umber application. 

fVeZy36.jpg

PnZXkM6.jpg

ZgalA6X.jpg

Gh3m1Um.jpg

LsGPtSz.jpg

xwTnyVS.jpg

dhPUAoX.jpg

MsO48de.jpg

I think these are working much closer to screen weathering, the Burnt Umber should give it some further definition and variety. 

Great decision to re-work your technique. This looks so good and is a great compliment to the actual screen shots. I'm starting my build and experimenting with different weathering on some ABS sheets. Am still pursuing a nice base layer color for the grime and I think I found it with your technique here. Thanks!