Scout Trooper: The Mandalorian - (Approved) Christina's Build

Looks awesome!  Can't wait to see the pics

2 questions for you, Christina.  The first is on the Mando Scouts, is the T greeble on the arms left black, or did they paint it the same gray as the snout and decals?  Some photos look like maybe they actually painted it gray?  Could just be lighting though.

Also, same question for the from "screen" part of the snout... did they fill that in gray too?  Again, some photos look like they may have painted it in gray.

Last question that I'm just curious about... is the color used for the gray decal on the chest and belt boxes the same gray color used on the snout?  I'm just getting ready to paint mine and wasn't sure... what 'shade' of gray did you use?  

On 8/3/2020 at 1:33 PM, bobafett4ever said:

2 questions for you, Christina.  The first is on the Mando Scouts, is the T greeble on the arms left black, or did they paint it the same gray as the snout and decals?  Some photos look like maybe they actually painted it gray?  Could just be lighting though.

Also, same question for the from "screen" part of the snout... did they fill that in gray too?  Again, some photos look like they may have painted it in gray.

Last question that I'm just curious about... is the color used for the gray decal on the chest and belt boxes the same gray color used on the snout?  I'm just getting ready to paint mine and wasn't sure... what 'shade' of gray did you use?  

The T greeblie is black, The SDCC photos show that. Just note the 2 screws on the lower section in the show are worn facing towards the back on the troopers, on the display model at SDCC their reversed but should face backwards.

The Snout greebie is grey with the black aerator at the bottom the mesh or screen part there looks to be more silver-ish then grey as it doesn't match the grey of the snout piece. Hard to see in the show but the SDCC looks more silver. 

The grey on the chest insert and drop boxes are a dark grey paint, I used the same dark grey on the TK. I used Hummbrol Dark Admiral Grey. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry all. 

The costume is nearly done just some minor tweaks happening but due to family issues I’ve been delayed. Hopefully this weekend I can get it wrapped up and submit photos for approval. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TKZombie said:

Sorry all. 

The costume is nearly done just some minor tweaks happening but due to family issues I’ve been delayed. Hopefully this weekend I can get it wrapped up and submit photos for approval. 

You take your time Christina family first!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry everyone it’s just not working, it’s too far off from the show so I’ve stripped it clean and will start again but it’s going to be a while as I just don’t have much free time because of work to get on it and I’m stressed out because I’ve been unable to match the look so far, I’ve reweathered it 4 times but those were reworking from the base and it just wasn’t working. 

As much as as I wanted to be the CRL model it just was too far off screen accuracy to justify putting it forward for the CRL.

Sorry for anyone who followed my direction it’s just not accurate enough. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Don't give up Christina. Take a step back and come back fresh. you've got this. I'm sure i'm one of many whom you've helped a ton during this process. Can't wait to see it finished.

7 hours ago, TKZombie said:

Sorry everyone it’s just not working, it’s too far off from the show so I’ve stripped it clean and will start again but it’s going to be a while as I just don’t have much free time because of work to get on it and I’m stressed out because I’ve been unable to match the look so far, I’ve reweathered it 4 times but those were reworking from the base and it just wasn’t working. 

As much as as I wanted to be the CRL model it just was too far off screen accuracy to justify putting it forward for the CRL.

No need for apologies Christina. You have taught all of us fantastic techniques for weathering armor and in my book that’s a huge win! If you need to redo it then that’s fine you work until you’re satisfied. F we can be of any help please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. Looking forward to seeing this move forward again.

• Like 1

Like Pete said, no need for apologies. I hope all of our excitement over your progress didn’t put too much pressure on you. With your keen attention to detail and background, I get why you want it to be just right, so if redoing everything is what needs to be done in your books then go for it. The ultimate goal is that you’re happy with the end result. You’ve taught me personally a great deal about weathering that will be very helpful in future builds and I can’t thank you enough for that Christina.

17 hours ago, TKZombie said:

Christina

Your WIP has been a masterclass on how to weather.  I don't agree that yours doesn't look right, but it's your art and far be it for me to tell you "it's fine" when you don't feel that way.  Just please don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

Thanks for all your hard work, people will be referring to your build thread for years to come.

• Like 6

• 4 months later...

Well, its been a long break away from the costume. I wasn't happy with the weathering, the amount too heavy and colour wasn't working for me so I decided to restart. Then my father had a heart attack and life just feel apart from there for a long while!

Anyways I'm back...Cleaned parts...ready for the next pass...

LZpNZE4.jpg

I've decided to work from a different base this time, Raw Umber for the first layer, and then I'll add Burnt Umber as a highlight. 

Raw Umber application, then wiped down and dry brushed to add depth in colour and then distressed for wear. 

6D6D6uD.jpg

B50IckM.jpg

Raw Umber application. 

fVeZy36.jpg

PnZXkM6.jpg

ZgalA6X.jpg

Gh3m1Um.jpg

LsGPtSz.jpg

xwTnyVS.jpg

dhPUAoX.jpg

MsO48de.jpg

I think these are working much closer to screen weathering, the Burnt Umber should give it some further definition and variety. 

• Like 2

Welcome back Christina!!  Sorry to hear about your father, hopefully things are getting back to normal..?!

Excellent work yet again with the weathering..!!  Looks amazing!! 🤩

Sorry to hear about your dad Christina, and I hope he’s fairing well. Glad to see you jumping back into this build. Last time around you generated a lot of excitement, and I’m sure this go around will be no different. Already off to a fantastic start!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Well after along break due to a major surgery I had in January I've finished up my Mandalorian Scout Trooper. Fully dressed photos this week but here are the final weather pieces.

DPYEshN.jpg

xT6l4Ce.jpg

Helmet

1n9EpUg.jpg

hm9VzYc.jpg

0UEkGx3.jpg

Bm9Yyrx.jpg

RbtDPVF.jpg

zXPc5HH.jpg

KlonJMY.jpg

vuZY20G.jpg

eAOoScg.jpg

mezt3JJ.jpg

Chest, Shoulders, and Back

DsyM5wf.jpg

3xeyLms.jpg

DbvnCrG.jpg

pHISmF3.jpg

FSv2YRC.jpg

drAmvAo.jpg

aYP9X7C.jpg

XH2fhYT.jpg

EWzQ3LI.jpg

hfGaNkZ.jpg

AmwaDmV.jpg

Sw4uyKi.jpg

Cummerbund and Cod

fvK4yVz.jpg

16P9ra4.jpg

65yeqnw.jpg

Kn9axQd.jpg

ACxW1X5.jpg

pBYtY4K.jpg

Thermal Detonator

qu7DfVC.jpg

sLIIDnA.jpg

EJGFKj9.jpg

Belt

jbrglxC.jpg

Knees

RMCX5pp.jpg

Bicep

BSaYPAe.jpg

Forearms

IsREwQa.jpg

Boots

zxQgGin.jpg

7YXC69K.jpg

ic0FKUi.jpg

• Like 1

Hey Christina! I hope your healing is going well. The most important thing we want is you healthy and feeling better!

Once again your work speaks for itself and it’s simply outstanding! Looking forward to seeing you posing in this beautiful armor!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Retrofire said:

Hey Christina! I hope your healing is going well. The most important thing we want is you healthy and feeling better!

Once again your work speaks for itself and it’s simply outstanding! Looking forward to seeing you posing in this beautiful armor!

Thanks, recovery was difficult and slow but I'm well enough to finally suit up. 

This one took me a while to get it to where I was happy with the weathering but I think I finally figured out the look for this one. 

This one took me a while to get it to where I was happy with the weathering but I think I finally figured out the look for this one. 

Figured it out you did. It was worth the wait! Amazing job Christina. Glad to hear you are on the mend too.

Well there were far too many delays with this one but its done and I'm pleased with it despite the weathering taking 3 passes before I felt I got it right. I also forgot how hot costumes are in this year lull of trooping.

Scout Trooper - Mandalorian complete and ready for submission.

9c0MRWD.jpg

Rm3scRC.jpg

IZFze3D.jpg

IfQM5XC.jpg

gbVpgO1.jpg

po7fw1F.jpg

bt8Ds5U.jpg

SFn61ES.jpg

nEIchdP.jpg

mTUp9tc.jpg

JPyjUm5.jpg

pwdXC3w.jpg

HaPvjTN.jpg

LtyJXEx.jpg

MxAJR7M.jpg

R2tt9oU.jpg

Q6mAGeA.jpg

2IcqiL4.jpg

NCGaHvf.jpg

Ah6VgBI.jpg

9p6iRr1.jpg

2ynu1ED.jpg

J1jsjbt.jpg

EpvGZHt.jpg

vsdiGcU.jpg

6WSB0Le.jpg

MFRTv9D.jpg

PyBu8qW.jpg

• Like 8

• TKZombie changed the title to Scout Trooper: The Mandalorian - (Approved) Christina's Build