Packing for Deployment

Aradun

This is the bag I use for my helmet:

5ive Star Gear Gi Spec Military Helmet Bag, One Size, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0087771N2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_I84BEbS2DJKBX

I just added a web strap to the handle for easy carrying.

• Thanks 1

Here’s a look at the inside of mine. I have my trading cards, gloves, balaclava, voice amp, and extra foam, and blaster in the removable organizer. I have a good number of my patch collection displayed on the lid. I have my helmet in a bag I made .1a00ca07b3c0d11701817f9c90c541ab.jpg
a4e02d342a3f44bf11fdb13a0691701d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice! Like what you did with the patches and creating your own foam inserts to compartmentalize bottom.

Here’s my bucket bag I made since my bucket won’t fit in the bin the way I have everything organized. f276bd45b840a7de8f95e14e223e6db6.jpg
c36e8e0cd71ff692ae07444ed4a00454.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
On 2/11/2020 at 9:13 PM, TwistedZen said:

SEEzV5u.jpg

d0m5q8Q.jpg

cuAHzi6.jpg

Forgot I said I would post mine.  The only thing missing is the blaster, but that goes in the removable bin.  Belt and thermal det are rolled up in towels. 

is this the 35 inch smaller size tote? I have a big 50 gal Husky tote for my TK but would like to go smaller for my TB

• 2 weeks later...
[mention=83306]Pledford[/mention] That is the 35".  Everything fits just right
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-35-in-Rolling-Tool-Box-222167/205053257
I'm seriously thinking about getting one for my scalp but what I would love to see is a YouTube tutorial on exactly how to pack it where everything fits. It would be awesome if you would do that! Hint Hint

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pledford said:

I'm seriously thinking about getting one for my scalp but what I would love to see is a YouTube tutorial on exactly how to pack it where everything fits. It would be awesome if you would do that! Hint Hint

If I got time tonight I could probably do that.

If I got time tonight I could probably do that.

I’d find that real helpful too. Wink wink nudge nudge .

• Like 1

[mention=83306]Pledford[/mention] [mention=85551]AradunFF[/mention] The video is still processing, but it should be up in a little while.
A bit of a rush job, but it should do. 

Thanks for taking the time to do this Jason!

• Like 2

[mention=83306]Pledford[/mention] [mention=85551]AradunFF[/mention] The video is still processing, but it should be up in a little while.
A bit of a rush job, but it should do. 

Thank you so much!! This is great and has inspired me to get one. Thank you!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, BenjaminAsher said:

I purchased two Pelican 1660 Rolling Storage Cases for trooping. I am waiting on my RS Scout to arrive, and I'll use the other storage case for a Shoretrooper when I finish it. 

EOSR - Pelican 1660 Cases - 0030-2.jpg

Did you get it with or with out the foam? Those are nice cases! 

4 minutes ago, nsbuff28 said:

Did you get it with or with out the foam? Those are nice cases! 

I got them very cheap, used without foam. They are amazing waterproof airtight cases, and they have a lifetime warranty, so it's an investment. The 1660 size has 7 latches, and 4 metal reinforced padlock locking hasps. I figure I can padlock my case shut, and lock it to a pole at an event.

I purchased two Pelican 1660 Rolling Storage Cases for trooping. I am waiting on my RS Scout to arrive, and I'll use the other storage case for a Shoretrooper when I finish it. 
1575482010_EOSR-Pelican1660Cases-0030-2.thumb.jpg.0f4c7d375a5e90d10fc8b26380eb4539.jpg

Sweet. I’ll have to look into the Pelican.

• 4 months later...

Picked up my Husky 35” tote a couple of months ago and have been experimenting with nesting strategies. Here’s a pic.

dc5c50b70c0f6f156ab5f8e7d4c3c9e4.jpg

I’ve got the whole TB kit in there. I place my undersuit on the bottom instead of a towel to provide “padding” and to keep the plastic of the crate from rubbing my armor.

On the left I have my chest, back, and tank. Nested inside the armor are my knee, bicep, and forearm armor, as well as my neuro-saav binocs. Binocs are wrapped in a hand towel I use to wipe everything down after a troop. My TD is wrapped in my cod piece and lays next to the chest, back, and tank. I then lay my bund over everything, tucking it in on the sides of the crate to keep the crate from scratching the armor.

In the middle is my bucket which I wrap in my flak vest using one of the padded sleeves to protect the lens and engine which contains a Ukswrath’s speaker. The rest of the audio kit sits in the white box which is tucked between the bucket and side of the crate to keep the bucket from shifting around. Then the belt sits over that.

The boots nest under the tray insert with the holster positioned so that it sits under the opening in the tray for the handle.

e51795daafec58b480b785f510355f12.jpg

The tray insert holds my balaclava, trading cards, blaster, supplies for quick on the go repairs, and my gloves which I use to keep everything in the tray from shifting around during transport.

Thanks everyone for the pics and the ideas. I’m still working on pimping the outside of the crate. I currently have a name plate from Assassin Graphics on the lid am looking to create some stencils for spray painting. I’ll toss up a pic once that’s complete.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 1/17/2020 at 6:55 AM, greenyone said:

I'm getting away with the smaller Husky tote.  I think they call it a 35 inch rolling tool box.  You have to use some nesting strategy with the armor parts to get the whole scout kit in there, but it fits.  

hubcaps

Are you able to get the bucket in there as well as the armor ?

5 hours ago, EvilScout said:

Are you able to get the bucket in there as well as the armor ?

Yep.  See my post preceding yours above.  My bucket is wrapped in my flak vest and nested between the pull out tray and my armor.  I have room in there for my neuro-saav binocs, sound system, and pouch inserts as well. 

• 2 years later...

My car has a small trunk and only 2 doors, so finding a way to transport my gear was an unexpected challenge. I spent weeks trying out different crates (including a couple mentioned in this thread), but none worked with my specific, inconvenient situation. So I figured if a single crate wouldn't work, maybe I'd have better luck with a modular system. After testing a few brands and making use of long-dormant Tetris skills, I ended up finding a way to fit everything into 2 Milwaukee Packout crates:
Photo-Apr-25-2024-7-13-25-PM.jpg?rlkey=o
The top crate has the chest/back/tank, helmet, balaclava, belt/detonator, and blaster.
The bottom crate has the boots, knee/forearm/bicep armor, and all soft parts (flightsuit, vest, cod, bund & pouches), plus a tray for repair supplies and other stuff.

Was it simple? Nope.
Was it cheap? Nope.
Does it work? Yep!
I'm calling it a win.

Although I was a bit jealous to find out that outside the US, the Packout crates are all black. That would've looked cool.

• Like 3

That looks awesome and it was a cool solution! I actually dig the red. With the black. it’s very imperial looking.

• Like 1