Packing for Deployment

Aradun

I don't know how much traction this thread with get, but as someone who is working on his first build, I'm already thinking ahead to how to store and pack everything up for various deployments.  So I was wondering if any Pathfinders would care to share some photos, tips, best practices, etc. for how they stow their gear, and what they use to stow it and transport it to various events. 

• Like 2

I don't know how much traction this thread with get, but as someone who is working on his first build, I'm already thinking ahead to how to store and pack everything up for various deployments.  So I was wondering if any Pathfinders would care to share some photos, tips, best practices, etc. for how they stow their gear, and what they use to stow it and transport it to various events. 

I store all mine in a Rubbermaid tote. Not sure of the size off hand but it’s a normal size. I’ll take some pics of it when I get home later and post them up. Everything fits nicely only issue is it’s not on wheels so sometimes carrying from the car to the troop can be a pain but it’s not too heavy for me. I also carry a backpack that has all my mic equipment, battery packs, repair, and cleaning supplies. The back pack has everything I need for repairs on the Scout or my TK so I didn’t need to pack both totes with the same stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

I store all mine in a Rubbermaid tote. Not sure of the size off hand but it’s a normal size. I’ll take some pics of it when I get home later and post them up. Everything fits nicely only issue is it’s not on wheels so sometimes carrying from the car to the troop can be a pain but it’s not too heavy for me. I also carry a backpack that has all my mic equipment, battery packs, repair, and cleaning supplies. The back pack has everything I need for repairs on the Scout or my TK so I didn’t need to pack both totes with the same stuff.

Thanks Frank.  Looking forward to the pics.  So, as a newb, I'm wondering what repair and cleaning supplies you pack in that backpack of yours?

Ok first off...

This is the bin. It’s about 13” high 26” wide and 16” deep, still not sure of the gallon size.

6a4ad0bbf8fafe1edb0d86dbdf10b951.jpg

On the bottom I have a bag with an old bund that maybe someday I’ll get to fit me and some extra suede. The chest armor is on the one side with everything in it, and the helmet with the gloves on the other. Boots are in the middle. The brown box is my trading cards for kids.

c25aef95faef2cc5134da47bcec74726.jpg

On top of that is a gently folded jumpsuit.

b8447893d07c93fe13ee5e3c98250b77.jpg

Then my vest. I try and keep the fabric stuff up top so it doesn’t get wrinkled.

9ba634470d3036ecb4573a844abdd6e2.jpg

As for the backpack. The right hand bin has odds and ends, glue, elastic, nylon, snaps (for the TK), there is also a box of extra Velcro, the left box has my amps and mics plus some cords. The Vader tin has extra charging cords that I don’t want to lose. A towel for wiping off my TK armor and my card holder. The bag also has other odds and ends not pictured like extra straps I’m not using, white duct tape for my TK just in case, an extra shoe horn, and a few lipstick power batteries for the mics and my TK fans. Oh and a lock just in case I need to lock the box although I never have had to. Basically anything you used to build you’ll probably have left over for the repair kit. Most of my stuff is geared towards my TK cause that’s more likely to break in my opinion.

d18322e25761266f3699feca664e55ec.jpg

This is my TK bin. It is bigger and has wheels. It’s easier to get around that’s for sure and I’m sure everything including the repair/cleaning items will fit in there if you used it for a scout.

85434ed0c6d8ef915aeb8e79b262b67b.jpg

• Like 3

I use the monster Stanley Box, it is a bit overkill for the Scout, but for the TK it is just big enough:

3a1GOae.jpg

Right now I have no picture from the inside. It is lined with a cut blanket, with sewn on pockets in the sides to store smaller stuff (repair things, contact lenses, gloves etc)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Ok first off...

This is the bin. It’s about 13” high 26” wide and 16” deep, still not sure of the gallon size.

I use the exact same bin.  It's big enough to fit everything but small enough for me to pick it up and carry it past all the people with the Huskys that are stuck going one at time on the stairs.  And if I ever need wheels, I use the little folding dolly I bought from Home Depot.

I use the giant bin for my Shoretrooper and I hate it.  It's too big to fit in my trunk so I have to put it on my backseat.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

I use the exact same bin.  It's big enough to fit everything but small enough for me to pick it up and carry it past all the people with the Huskys that are stuck going one at time on the stairs.  And if I ever need wheels, I use the little folding dolly I bought from Home Depot.

I use the giant bin for my Shoretrooper and I hate it.  It's too big to fit in my trunk so I have to put it on my backseat.  

Folding Dolly is a great idea!  I’m putting that on my “to get” list.

4 hours ago, HSM76 said:

I use the monster Stanley Box, it is a bit overkill for the Scout, but for the TK it is just big enough:

3a1GOae.jpg

Right now I have no picture from the inside. It is lined with a cut blanket, with sewn on pockets in the sides to store smaller stuff (repair things, contact lenses, gloves etc)

The box looks Imperial 😉.  Love the plates with your name and TK #.  Did you do them yourself or did you have them custom made for you?

8 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Ok first off...

On the bottom I have a bag with an old bund that maybe someday I’ll get to fit me and some extra suede. The chest armor is on the one side with everything in it, and the helmet with the gloves on the other. Boots are in the middle. The brown box is my trading cards for kids.

c25aef95faef2cc5134da47bcec74726.jpg

On top of that is a gently folded jumpsuit.

b8447893d07c93fe13ee5e3c98250b77.jpg

Then my vest. I try and keep the fabric stuff up top so it doesn’t get wrinkled.

9ba634470d3036ecb4573a844abdd6e2.jpg

As for the backpack. The right hand bin has odds and ends, glue, elastic, nylon, snaps (for the TK), there is also a box of extra Velcro, the left box has my amps and mics plus some cords. The Vader tin has extra charging cords that I don’t want to lose. A towel for wiping off my TK armor and my card holder. The bag also has other odds and ends not pictured like extra straps I’m not using, white duct tape for my TK just in case, an extra shoe horn, and a few lipstick power batteries for the mics and my TK fans. Oh and a lock just in case I need to lock the box although I never have had to. Basically anything you used to build you’ll probably have left over for the repair kit. Most of my stuff is geared towards my TK cause that’s more likely to break in my opinion.

d18322e25761266f3699feca664e55ec.jpg

This is my TK bin. It is bigger and has wheels. It’s easier to get around that’s for sure and I’m sure everything including the repair/cleaning items will fit in there if you used it for a scout.

85434ed0c6d8ef915aeb8e79b262b67b.jpg

Great pics.  Thanks Frank!  This was helpful.

5 hours ago, AradunFF said:

The box looks Imperial 😉.  Love the plates with your name and TK #.  Did you do them yourself or did you have them custom made for you?

The imperial look is, you won't believe it, intended.

The plates on the box, including the discs of 501st and German Garrison, were commissioned from Assassin Graphics in UK.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HSM76 said:

The imperial look is, you won't believe it, intended.

The plates on the box, including the discs of 501st and German Garrison, were commissioned from Assassin Graphics in UK.

It's awesome Sven.  I checked out Assassin Graphics and his work is amazing, top quality too.  Adding them to my "to get" list as well!  Thanks.

I have all my stuff in a Stanley 24-gallon roller. It looks similar to the 50-gallon monstrosities that lots of people use but much easier to carry.

• Like 2

I have mine in a Husky 35" rolling tool box.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-35-in-Rolling-Tool-Box-222167/205053257

Everything just fits, and I have some towels in there for padding as well.  The only quirk is that I have to take the tank off the armor, but its only on there by a magnet at the top and a bolt at the bottom.  All the other arm pieces go into the chest armor along with the tank, belt and detonator separate, boots underneath the  little storage bin with the holster sticking just out from under it.  I use the little storage bin to keep cards, swag, amp+mic, some tape, balaclava, etc.  Gloves fit in where ever, then a folded up flight suit and cummerbund go on top. keeps everything in place so stuff isn't thrashing about.  I have my helmet in a (slightly) padded motorcycle helmet bag.

9 minutes ago, TwistedZen said:

Thanks Jason.  I was looking at that same model from Husky.  Good to know!

1 hour ago, HSM76 said:

Here is a picture of the inside of the kit box;

Fs8rPQh.jpg

On the right is a big pocket which goes all the way down.

On the right side is a row of 3 pockets which start at half hight.

Nice.  I’m guessing that’s your bucket in the bottom right stuffed with the blue fabric and the your boots are under the armor.  If so, that’s plenty deep.  

Boots and bucket are not in the box in this picture.
The blue is just a microfibre cloth.
The boots go under the top of the armour and the bucket, in its pouch fits over the lower area of the torso.
When the full TK is in the box there is not much space left.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

7 hours ago, greenyone said:

I'm getting away with the smaller Husky tote.  I think they call it a 35 inch rolling tool box.  You have to use some nesting strategy with the armor parts to get the whole scout kit in there, but it fits.  

hubcaps

I’m digging those wheels Kurt 😎

• Like 2

cdbe3cdfcdbdca697124a7ce050fec40.jpg mine is on the right it’s a Stanley tool bin that I lined with foam.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/11/2020 at 6:13 PM, TwistedZen said:

SEEzV5u.jpg

d0m5q8Q.jpg

cuAHzi6.jpg

Forgot I said I would post mine.  The only thing missing is the blaster, but that goes in the removable bin.  Belt and thermal det are rolled up in towels. 

Does bucket fit in there too?