Scout Bag Items Sourced

https://www.aussiediggermilitaria.com/canvas-haversack-olive-green-khaki-tan-or-dark-bro

What do you guys think about these reproductions? Ships from Australia, so post to Texas was $20 for 2. And at $16 each thats $52 out the door for 2. And i think the site is in Australian dollars so it might be even cheaper. As compared to this one.

https://onlinemilitaria.net/products/5374-UK-P08-or-P37-Large-Pack/

Both look ok however I can see that they are missing the horizontal topstitching on the front flap seen here on one of the 17 original ones I have (just awaiting belts from Rothco)

91bbc504d3bdaef5cae98957742d268e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well I ordered the P37s from Australia cause the price was too good not to try. They are made in India and not Australia as per the tag. And smell terrible. But more importantly the straps on the back are wrong.

da6ebd067f27e1fe103de9c13d32e127.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Sad 1

That one looks too small...  Great if you want a "purse sized" version!  LOL!

I just got my bag about a week ago.  Found one from Greece, of all places...  Took a bit to get here, but it the look/size was perfect!  

10 hours ago, iceknyght said:

Found one from Greece, of all places...  Took a bit to get here, but it the look/size was perfect!  

Got a link?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey just ordered the bag and im about to get on amazon to buy the belt and D rings. for the chicago screws what size are they for the holes on the belt/strap?  if you got an amazon link that would be super helpful as well. skimmed through this post and didnt seem to find the size of the screws just that they are needed...

thanks in advance..

• 1 year later...
Hello together,
I look also for a Khaki British P37 bag and for the Military Double Prong Canvas Belt, but I don't find a online shop in Europe, have anyone maby a link for me?

I do still have a few left if you want to PM me we can discuss

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk

• 11 months later...

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the research everyone has done - I've been wanting to make this bag for a while, so this has been invaluable.

My pack came in the post today - luckily, I'm making mine for everyday use - I don't think the screen used one has these straps?

(Not complaining about the carry handle, though!) 68b1f45dda09d928b3ba8c02b7d55374.jpg65af598ecc9eb9a71e27bbbc20567ea6.jpg

Not that I've seen!  You can easily remove them though

I got loads of grabs but nothing from underneath. I had a quick look at it again and just realised the other scout has the same bag on the back of his bike too (in the underneath of the bag almost faces the camera). Annoyingly its hard to frame forward on Disney.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 12:38 PM, VynnDrax said:

Hi guys!

Just wanted to say thank you for all the research everyone has done - I've been wanting to make this bag for a while, so this has been invaluable.

My pack came in the post today - luckily, I'm making mine for everyday use - I don't think the screen used one has these straps?

(Not complaining about the carry handle, though!) 68b1f45dda09d928b3ba8c02b7d55374.jpg65af598ecc9eb9a71e27bbbc20567ea6.jpg

I grabbed a bunch of the authentic surplus right after we collectively began researching and identifying the parts and all of the original bags did have the BOTTOM straps you circled, but I've never seen the top "handle".  That is easily removed though.

I'm still making them using replica bags (dyed) when people need one and getting the replicas from the same place I got the originals.  Those too have the bottom straps (but no handle). 

So even though there is not screen shot right now, we can at least assume they were there since the actual bags did in fact have them?  Hope that helps!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.466932914243441&type=3

• 10 months later...

Hello there and happy new year first.

The topic is naybe a little bit "old" last entry nearly one year ago), but maybe someone could help me.

It's amazing what you guys created here. Congrats to all of you!

I have the chance to take part at a course for sewing and was thinking to sew this bag.
I read in this topic that some of you sew the bag on your own.
Do you maybe have some pattern I can use? I saw the from @greenyone, but I thought that someone else has some documents too. It would help me a lot.

Thanks in advance to all of you.

Greetings

Whilst I admire your wish to create one from scratch , I would have thought it far simpler to order the correct bag ( eBay U.K. have them all the time) than try to source the correct material to make one from , and find a sewing machine that is super heavy duty to sew with . 

• Like 2

Thanks for your answer.

Whilst I admire your wish to create one from scratch , I would have thought it far simpler to order the correct bag.

I would agree to 100%. If would be much easier to buy one.
But my intention was (or still is) to create one on my own to learn how to sew something for a costume. And I thought it would be nice to try something with a Star Wars Background. I guess it would not be suitable tor a costume, but maybe for a good daily use.
There will be a lots of things I have to sew for my Scout Trooper in the future and luckily I work at an university with a textile course who have some industrial sewing machines which I can use.
  • Like 1

Have a search amongst the military re-enactors groups, you may find a pattern there.

Alternatively, provided you have get the dimensions, it’s a pretty standard messenger bag. You could use a generic pattern as a starting point and just add the details.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, okami79 said:

Thanks for your answer.

I would agree to 100%. If would be much easier to buy one.
But my intention was (or still is) to create one on my own to learn how to sew something for a costume. And I thought it would be nice to try something with a Star Wars Background. I guess it would not be suitable tor a costume, but maybe for a good daily use.
There will be a lots of things I have to sew for my Scout Trooper in the future and luckily I work at an university with a textile course who have some industrial sewing machines which I can use.

If you do decide to go found parts route, hit me up I've got bags and belts sat here 

• Like 1

Have a search amongst the military re-enactors groups, you may find a pattern there.

A little bit, yes. But thanks for the info. I will have a closer look on it. For the beginning I will use the measures from an old Military bag I have. I guess this could help.