Scout Bag Items Sourced

• 2 months later...

Hey Troopers,

Sorry to dredge up this old topic, but I've finally gotten around to assembling my scout bag with the parts I picked up back when it was shown in the first season of the Mandalorian.  I've started with the button/rank bar thing, and have done a lot of research to try and make it look like the screen shot images.  Looking at the red buttons and the white block in the center, it just never looked quite right, to me, to just glue them on because there clearly appears to be some sort of black "base" for the red buttons and the white block looks to be roughly the same size/height as the red buttons.

I did a bit of measuring of screen shots, then created some parts in 3d Builder.  After a bit of trial and error, I was finally able to print these:

IMG_0002-scaled.jpg

I also found a galvanized nail that has a head about the right size (it may be "slightly" bigger than it should be, but it's what I had on hand) to make the "dot" in the center of the white block.  When the parts are together, it looks like:

IMG_0003-scaled.jpg

And, here's how they look after they've had the print lines filled and have been painted:

IMG_0007-scaled.jpg

To get the above proportions, the aluminum bar came out to be 106mm long (I'm also using the 1/8" thick bar, rather than the 1/16").  I know the previous consensus was it should be about 90mm, but with these button bases and white block, there was just not enough space between them as seen in the screen shots.  Here's a rough comparison, next to a screen shot:

IMG_0002-1-scaled.jpg

Hope this helps add to the discussion!

• Like 3