TB-85751 Build (KB Props)

2 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

Sorry about lighting the mountains are on fire literally here and its like a hell scape
On bright side its snowing tomorrow aa727024f61afadea9969db3d54157e7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I feel ya dude.  We have a massive fire out here and it looks like Mordor outside.  I can white balance your armor.  

I'm really happy to see this coming to a close because it looks great and you've done an awesome job with the little amount of info we have to work with.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

I'm really happy to see this coming to a close because it looks great and you've done an awesome job with the little amount of info we have to work with.

While I'm editing the last few photos, would you gents mind taking a last pass through the CRL and see if anything needs correcting?

• Like 1

My additions and changes. Nitpicking time.

Helmet:

• Back of helmet has one large raised rectangle in center (with square details in upper left corner) and two smaller raised rectangles on each side of the large center rectangle.

Chest:

@heartstopper85 is missing the recessed rectangle on the bottom right of the chest.

• Has recessed trapezoid in upper center near neck.

Abdomen:

• Inside the right-hand black area is a stepped pyramid detail. (Clarification?)

Shoulder Armor:

• Raised horizontal rectangle on lower section of both shoulders

Biceps:

• Biceps have angular cutout area on inner side (near armpit)

Forearms:

• Outer side near elbow has a recessed "U" shaped notch as well a s slight hump near wrist.
  • ***Need better picture with outside of forearms

Thermal Detonator:

• The horizontal thermal detonator is a circular canister with evenly spaced horizontal grooves extending to the end caps.
  • The end caps have a recess on the top (flat circular surface)

Tassets & Pouches:

• ***Can we have an approximate size so we don't end up with pizza boxes.

Shin Armor:

• Knee is roughly trapezoid shaped with curving edges on the lower sides.
  • Knee has a large recessed flat "V" shape on the top section a smaller recessed and inverted flat "V" shape on the lower section.
  • Shin has 3 vertical grooves running the full length with a recessed rectangle at the upper edge of each groove near the knee.
  • Shin has 3 sets of rectangular strap loops on each side for the upper 3 straps. Straps do not feed through the loops but are instead mounted behind.
  • The lowest shin strap has a cut in rectangle on each side where a strap loop seems to me missing.

Gaiters:

• Gaiter may not be too baggy
  • Thanks 1

I'll incorporate some of those but just FYI  -- I write CRLs to aid the costumer.  I don't write instructions to armor makers on how to build things.  The pictures are there to cover that stuff.  I'll note details where they are really pertinent, but we don't need a complete breakdown of each armor piece.  If it's wrong, it's not going to get approved.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BikerScout007 said:

I'll incorporate some of those but just FYI  -- I write CRLs to aid the costumer.  I don't write instructions to armor makers on how to build things.  The pictures are there to cover that stuff.  I'll note details where they are really pertinent, but we don't need a complete breakdown of each armor piece.  If it's wrong, it's not going to get approved.  

Chest:

@heartstopper85 is missing the recessed rectangle on the bottom right of the chest.

That's my main concern

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrPoopie said:

Chest:

That's my main concern

That's a good point.  It looks like on the Black Series figure there's a big blob of weathering there that kind of hides it from a quick glance.  But it's definitely there.  

So how do we get that on the armor?

Just now, BikerScout007 said:

So how do we get that on the armor?

My thought would be to just cut it out with a dremel. Depending on how thick the armor is you could either put a couple of layers of ABS with oval cutouts and then a third layer that's just flat Glue it all on the backside and presto you have a recessed area. Once it's painted I don't think you'd see the layers. If it's 3D printed just cut it out and put a flat piece of ABS behind it. Just make sure you fill the rough inside edges since it's probably infill layers and will need be filled smooth. 

• Like 1

My thought would be to just cut it out with a dremel. Depending on how thick the armor is you could either put a couple of layers of ABS with oval cutouts and then a third layer that's just flat Glue it all on the backside and presto you have a recessed area. Once it's painted I don't think you'd see the layers. If it's 3D printed just cut it out and put a flat piece of ABS behind it. Just make sure you fill the rough inside edges since it's probably infill layers and will need be filled smooth. 
I think your both wrong thats just weathering3b2e0b04a91bd651142fc4fcb7d697d1.jpg

1 minute ago, heartstopper85 said:

I think your both wrong thats just weathering

3b2e0b04a91bd651142fc4fcb7d697d1.jpg

Looks to me like it's the same rectangular detail found on the Scout and the Shoretrooper.  Looks too even to be damage.  

Just now, heartstopper85 said:

More than like its a scar burn mark

Is it a divot? Can you catch it with your fingernail? It looks too uniform to be just weathering.

50320972128_351e93e89d_c.jpg

Is it a divot? Can you catch it with your fingernail? It looks too uniform to be just weathering.

50320972128_351e93e89d_c.jpg
No divot its 100% smooth

2 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

No divot its 100% smooth

That's really odd. I'll let someone else weigh in. I don't want to make unneeded extra work.

Does anyone else have the figure and can verify this?

That's really odd. I'll let someone else weigh in. I don't want to make unneeded extra work.
Does anyone else have the figure and can verify this?
I don't even think I had that detail on my v1 shoretrooper

11 minutes ago, heartstopper85 said:

I don't even think I had that detail on my v1 shoretrooper

Then the armor maker missed it, because it's there.  

319ece4b050004b8bba1cb6a7818b639.jpg

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

That might work from a distance for the main photo.  though it need to be parallel to the edge of the armor.  You're close but just a few degrees off.

But for a close up that needs to be an indent.  Same as the Scout or Shoretrooper.  And then painted black.  I think @MrPoopie had the right idea about how to approach it.

And we should probably let KB know to add that to his design so his future pulls are correct.  

That might work from a distance for the main photo.  though it need to be parallel to the edge of the armor.  You're close but just a few degrees off.
But for a close up that needs to be an indent.  Same as the Scout or Shoretrooper.  And then painted black.  I think [mention=80362]MrPoopie[/mention] had the right idea about how to approach it.
And we should probably let KB know to add that to his design so his future pulls are correct.  
Is the size right i rather get postion right before i make any cuts

1 minute ago, heartstopper85 said:

Is the size right i rather get postion right before i make any cuts

Do you have a Shoretrooper kit handy?  If not, I'll take a measurement off mine.