TB-85751 Build (KB Props)

Bucket- KB/ Jsin Props
Armor- KB Props
Pants-darkside closet
Shirt- darkeside closer
Faulds Mr Poopie
Boots- Gio custom officer style with the FOTK sole and standard officer look.
Gloves- imperial gloves
Blaster- none for now
Paint- rustoleum professional gloss white and safety red for the right shoulder bell R is for Red fyi
Black- I still have a can of flat black from Montana from last build
Shins straps: Nylon strapping casted in rubber based on a 3d print from Mr Poopie
Belt Rob Kittle custom with metal clasp

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looks like KB/ Jsin are making progress. Hoping in next couple of weeks I have my set soon. I managed to get my hands on the black series set as well but haven't been able to bring myself to taking it out of the box. On soft good side I become more convinced that the boots, pants, and gloves are Tanker parts. But will have to wait and see. The gasket on the neck area is more DT though.

Heard a very promising piece of info from Jsin but I'm not going to repeat in public. Either way I'm pretty sure Jsin/KB will be the closest thing to having what is used in the park eventually ;)

December 5th the new ride opens so might be awhile till this is official either way plenty of time before celebration still which is my main goal, even if not approved I'll be rocking this at Celebration and smaller local events my SL lets me troop at (usually lv 3 or lv 2 events I can get a waiver for non approved costumes)

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing the live action troopers so we can get this CRL done!

• Like 1

Ended up ordering my first soft good parts from Gio.

Ordered a pair of R1 Tanker Boots. If you look at the ref pic you can see the toe and the heel stand out. It's hard to tell because of the shin armor that goes over top. I doubt the FOTK boots would be correct.

However I know the Pathfinders like to make there Lv1 like Lv3 but maybe we can include an option on Lv1 for FOTK style boots, or TK style boots to be used. Either way they only go up the ankles are fully white have a rounded toe

Armor should be here soon, KB is looking for feedback on few more pieces (shins) and should be casted and shipped soon. I think eventually I'm going to just get the black jodhpurs and r1 style gloves. The gasket shirt I think is gonna be biggest challenge. The arms look like normal FOTK gaskets the but on the chest it looks similar to a DT. So gonna hold off on that part until I see in park. Maybe it would best to have a undershirt with the chest style gaskets than just wear FOTK Gaskets on the arms. Just thinking out loud as I type.

2 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

However I know the Pathfinders like to make there Lv1 like Lv3 but maybe we can include an option on Lv1 for FOTK style boots, or TK style boots to be used. Either way they only go up the ankles are fully white have a rounded toe

Ha!  I like to think that we have high standards.   But our basic CRLs are still very achievable.  

I mean... we're really not going to know what boots they ended up using until we see the park characters, so it's a moot debate.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some warmer days meant I got painting done.
My belt came in soft goods are almost done
Bucket is done other than weathering and little details

Working in shin straps. Using 1.5 webbing and cutting rubber mat used for fo belt material. Going to glue those together and velcro under the plate

Still have some painting and fitting on belt boxes to do
Than of course attach everything to belt.
I plan to drill and using screws for my td to hold to plastic piece
On my boxes I've learned to use elastic cording and webbing to attach boxes to belt. It makes for more flexibility and no screws breaking
Still need to finish hip armor but got fit right now that ab and belt are in
Just need to need to get edges perfect glue together hit with the plastidip primer and paint
Waiting on jsin to send updated rubber straps as well

Than just fine tune strapping and fitting

Hoping to get done by my birthday in early march. Than will have for tier 3 events on may the 4th since my local squad leader said that was coolf433c735af41232254407492a76d96b8.jpg0b27e7a1f2795d0703db8368d279bffa.jpge333c3a37021346be189e9860faedacd.jpgc3c4eb658430d20803f8232ace77ba79.jpg75055f674a63402314070582cca4e034.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Soft goods in I'm almost done just need to buy gloves.
Than it's a matter of fine tuning my rigging
Weathering
Putting belt together

Got a day off on monday so see what happens b3fb11e759d8434d2b1ce1633eb3459b.jpg32da920bba50b0342271ea487d8f3f97.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great so far!
Thanks almost to finish line got a few tips from story group about weathering I'll try to document that as I go
But gold nitter is used throughout battu

8 hours ago, heartstopper85 said:

Thanks almost to finish line got a few tips from story group about weathering I'll try to document that as I go
But gold nitter is used throughout battu

Any hope of a CRL getting approved before these troopers show up (if they show up) in the parks?

34 minutes ago, ScarifBeachBum said:

Any hope of a CRL getting approved before these troopers show up (if they show up) in the parks?

We would probably need to see the troopers in the park before we could finish the CRL.  The sources currently available are not detailed enough and in some instances contradict each other.  

• 1 month later...

Almost done i just used straps and velcro to do the hip armor and pouches
Took my boots out in the dust and mud a bit same with pouches

Just waiting on post office for my shoulder straps. Ordered some rubber ones because i broke my resin ones.

But yeah getting towards the end24b86d82d7a46599ea26e534123d5b07.jpga7bfbed032ff7b3e1b472b8847c9ba46.jpg75a65a727d9efa9debba80b41b5f7d92.jpg6dfd87499b357b958f6276c6426a8aa5.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I have some adjustment left to make for dressing and need to work on posture.

Was a pain doing things on my own but should be able to get pics take by myself. But hey at least I have something to nitpick f353c8bf3f57588b8d39c14152395bfe.jpge59f7985d1e45d40dc3f309f0202d91c.jpg06871a55d89265e138cdc0cd0af14f7c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sending in pants for repair and pouches for resizing thanks to darkside closet for help

Tried resizing my biceps I got like another 2 inches removed. My friend calvin is 3d printing me new ones more to my size. Using Sean's files

Probably gonna change my gloves to the ones I used for shoretrooper from harbor freight the all black mechanics gloves. Dont like paying 50 bucks for gloves and it's nice to have a couple of pairs to have one to dry out

Kb I think is gonna resize the shin plates still good discussion on other threads here about that
Idk how I I about that yet but open to suggestions to get it right

I think for faulds I'm gonna use worbla and engrave with a triangle bit. Right now its 12 x 12in. I think the size is probably right my ab was sitting low because I didn't have my harness installed yet so gonna hike that up more to get belt up more. That was good advice

I'm gonna adjust it to be mounted directly on the belt instead of on the ab armor. Probably use fabric glue and make loops and than straps on the fauld with a snap or velcro. I have an idea where to mount using belt boxes as reference

• Like 1

Getting some pieces printed from my friend using shoretrooper and sean fields files.

Just been slicing out and sizing to kbs armor

I plan to cut everything off that's wrong. Back bondo glue and sand repaint and weather again 47b54220807795cca1431f6ddc77d958.jpgd1b2becda43978db41200c60201f6004.jpgded919f5a6892c4316214fe0b57c01ff.jpg

• 4 months later...

To answer some questions I got off instagram and other places.
Belt is a standard white tk belt but done up in the style of r1 shoretrooper. Has a metal clip in back to help tighten everything bit of a pain to deal with by yourself deff needs a second hand to tighten up

My soft goods are darkside closet. R1 black pants and shoretrooper style shirt with fotk style gaskets. Darkside closet will know what you need if you say mountain

The faulds or hip armor or whatever. Mrpoopie on here made mine. Mamabear made my pouches. Again reference the crl discussion post for sizing etc.

The shin armor strapping is the same rigged material used for first order belts. I think mine are a bit too thick but the thin style is out there. Have to talk to belts of the first order and order enough if you can find any anywhere else. Measure around top of your shin and times that by 8 and you'll have enough material probably too much.

I painted mine with regular paint. It will crack and you will have to maintain it or you can just call it weathering

• 2 weeks later...

That looks awesome

• 2 weeks later...