The Ultimate Armor Comparison Thread!

Hi guys, I'm looking to acquire a Biker Scout costume and now researching available options. I hear the names MC, SC, Strider, is there a list of links with more info on these vendors?

1 hour ago, RankAndFileTrooper said:

Hi guys, I'm looking to acquire a Biker Scout costume and now researching available options. I hear the names MC, SC, Strider, is there a list of links with more info on these vendors?

There's more specific info in the thread below, but unfortunately no direct links. Between google and facebook, you should be able to locate the vendors mentioned. 

If you're having trouble tracking a specific vendor down, let us know. 

Edited to include RS Props armor

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, unrealvictim said:

Haven't been on the forums in a while, love the comparison pictures.

Welcome back!

Edited to add Studio Creations V2 armor

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, Tuskenraideruk said:

Hi guys, Corey asked me to post my RWA Creation armour that just cleared :)

IMG_20200620_174605.jpg

Many thanks!  It's been added to the Comparison post in the first comment

• 5 weeks later...

So I've read this a couple times so I'm sorry if I missed it. The comparison photos are excellent. But is there a break down of what mods or problems are associated with each armor? For Instance coming from the TK world I got Trooper Master armor cause it was what I first found available (which I love) But it was too late and took a lot of digging to learn the breast plate wasn't approvable for Centurion. So I guess a better way of saying is there a scale or notes on each armor which requires the least modification to make Lancer?

9 minutes ago, SeanTX said:

So I've read this a couple times so I'm sorry if I missed it. The comparison photos are excellent. But is there a break down of what mods or problems are associated with each armor? For Instance coming from the TK world I got Trooper Master armor cause it was what I first found available (which I love) But it was too late and took a lot of digging to learn the breast plate wasn't approvable for Centurion. So I guess a better way of saying is there a scale or notes on each armor which requires the least modification to make Lancer?

The only ones of those listed that I would say wouldn't qualify for Lancer without replacing some parts would be Kropserkel and WTF.  All the other armors would only need minor adjustment (like for instance, trimming the shoulder bells a bit).  

RS Props and CFO/Strider are your most accurate kits and would need the least amount of work.  

Keep in mind, this is really a soft costume, there's not a whole lot that can go wrong with a piece of the armor unless it's just so wildly off from the screen used that it would not qualify for L2.  

• Like 2

Thanks @BikerScout007 . I figured it might just come down to trimming bit thank you for assuring me it wasn't going to be a $100 mistake. Buy once Cry once is a pretty good philosophy sometimes. I've also seen a lot of "Will this helmet fit" questions and the answer always seems to be yes. since this is again a mostly soft parts kit are all the armor sets forgiving enough for all size people? Excluding children. And no suit is better for those of us greater than 6 feet?

2 hours ago, SeanTX said:

Thanks @BikerScout007 . I figured it might just come down to trimming bit thank you for assuring me it wasn't going to be a $100 mistake. Buy once Cry once is a pretty good philosophy sometimes. I've also seen a lot of "Will this helmet fit" questions and the answer always seems to be yes. since this is again a mostly soft parts kit are all the armor sets forgiving enough for all size people? Excluding children. And no suit is better for those of us greater than 6 feet?

Since the armor is all held on with strapping, it's highly adjustable.  Height doesn't really come into play, unless you are very short.  A lot of people get hung up on the size of the armor but it's the rare person who has armor that is too small for them.  What we mostly deal with are people with armor that is way too big.  Kropserkel and WTF sets have this problem very often.  

For instance the chest armor -- that's a bit of a misnomer as the armor doesn't cover your chest.  It should come down to the bottom of your pectorals and that's it.  The rest of the chest is covered by soft goods.  

Check out this thread to get an idea on proportions:

http://forum.501stpathfinders.com/index.php?/topic/19967-soft-parts-best-practices/

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

Great article for armor comparison.

Leaning towards the Studio creations based on accuracy and cost.

However I do notice that the wearers that are slightly larger look less movie accurate. So I guess that means I gotta hit the gym and the sewing machine.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

...is it my mobile browser have a problems or  the pictures link maybe broken?, I can't view it... I'm using fire fox mobile browser( ver. 89.1.1)

Thank you, Stay safe and Healthy everyones.

Louis (dz17026)

...is it my mobile browser have a problems or  the pictures link maybe broken?, I can't view it... I'm using fire fox mobile browser( ver. 89.1.1)
Thank you, Stay safe and Healthy everyones.
Louis (dz17026)

I can see the images with Tapatalk and in Safari mobile.

32 minutes ago, AradunFF said:

I can see the images with Tapatalk and in Safari mobile.

Ok, I'll try from tapatalk... Thank you...

Edit:.. yup, I Can see the picts using tapatalk..

Edited by kacrut
using tapatalk to view picts

• 4 weeks later...

Can some please give me the dimensions for the holster of a SC armor? The width in particular. Just to see if the blaster I'm printing at the moment would fit in or not. I've not recieved the armor yet... 😉

• 2 months later...
Why is not approvable?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

Why is not approvable?

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

It just wasn't up to their standards to be the perfect shape.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk