The Ultimate Armor Comparison Thread!

Can you elaborate on the "new bucket" (i.e., "new" as of when)? I'm in the queue for an MC and am wondering if I need to ping them to be sure I'm getting the latest...

Thanks!

Dan

New offering in early 2018 i believe. From what i heard, they are just finishing final tweaks and will be offering when the photos are done. Don't quote me on the timing, but its a great looking bucket. I am just finishing my MC armor, and then working some alterations for the soft bits (which i have been doing myself).

• Like 1

is the back hump seperate from the back armor? was wondering if I could use this for lancer, if not are there any other mods I will need to make for lancer.

the MC back and hump are separate pieces, as the original.

New offering in early 2018 i believe. From what i heard, they are just finishing final tweaks and will be offering when the photos are done. Don't quote me on the timing, but its a great looking bucket. I am just finishing my MC armor, and then working some alterations for the soft bits (which i have been doing myself).

Thanks much - I had not heard about that. Good news, and I’ll have to email Kathy to ask about it.

Dan

• 4 weeks later...

Because there are so many variations of white, what are the shade differences with these armors? Have any mixed/match armor/helmets with different vendors?

I have always mixed and matched. I had SC armor and KS lid, then SC armor with an RS Props, finally Strider armor with RS Props lid. The RS is the only one that has stood out, because they paint them matte white instead of glossy. And even then the difference is barely noticeable

Wow great...for me Strider is spot on.Could somebody send me a PM where I can order a strider armor?

An armor comparison from the back would be also great to see.

Please follow this link

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?showtopic=18684&hl=&fromsearch=1

And yes, as soon as I get good pics of the backs, I will add those as well

• Like 1

How does Strider fit? I'm on the shorter side (5'7").

Should be perfect for you then.

Thanks! Suggestion, a straight-on photo of the screen-used helmet would be a good addition to the first post.

I just got MC armor..... are the thigh boxes the right size? They seem really small.
Yes! Thigh boxes on the film scouts are tiny. Not sure why so many armor makers get this wrong

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did anyone have to heat bend your belt to make it round.

alot of folks have had to do this.

my cfo/strider armor required me to heat the belt up to make it round.

i used a small heat iron, some use a hot bath and some use a heat gun.

• Like 1

My SC belt was very flexible, but that was also back when they were 3 pieces.

I wish I had heated my Strider belt. I ended up cracking it. But I filled the crack with caulk and its all good. Weathering, man ;)

• Like 3

My SC belt was very flexible, but that was also back when they were 3 pieces.

I wish I had heated my Strider belt. I ended up cracking it. But I filled the crack with caulk and its all good. Weathering, man ;)

I wholeheartedly agree with you and I wish I had heated mine too. Mickey did you use Latex or Silicone?

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree with you and I wish I had heated mine too. Mickey did you use Latex or Silicone?

Silicone! Literally just grabbed what was under my sink. Worked well too. No one has said a peep since i patched it up. Which beats "hey man, your belt is cracked!" any day...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is an amazing post. What set of armor is the most screen accurate? It looks like the wtf is close but the chest seems long or maybe it’s the angle or something. Any suggestion?

i think the new cfo/strider armor with an rs prop masters helmet pretty much nails it...

J7u1Glu.png

• Like 2

This is an amazing post. What set of armor is the most screen accurate? It looks like the wtf is close but the chest seems long or maybe it’s the angle or something. Any suggestion?

My opinion top 3 for accuracy are:

1) CFO/Strider

2) Moncal

3) Chef

But you can be approved with any set of armor and even achieve Lancer provided you do the work!

• Like 2