The Ultimate Armor Comparison Thread!

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be happy to add MLC's armor to the comparison as soon as I finish.. I'm tantalizingly close to finishing the build.. Down to the nitty-gritty.. or the neeblie-greeblie? Should be good to go in the next few weeks..

• Like 1

I'll be happy to add MLC's armor to the comparison as soon as I finish.. I'm tantalizingly close to finishing the build.. Down to the nitty-gritty.. or the neeblie-greeblie? Should be good to go in the next few weeks..
Send me pics when you got 'em

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Did the image hosting go down on this one?
Yeah its being crappy today. I'm looking into it.

Okay, I redid the links using Dropbox. I hope this works better for everyone!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe to clarify: We (as the 501st) can not give recommendations towards one seller or another. Also there are quite a few parameter in the decision making process which only you can make (eg, more accurate parts are usually more expensive). Also quality, service and availability can play a big role, too. The more research you do at the beginning the less expensive mistakes you're bound to make ;-)

Cheers

• Like 1

Maybe to clarify: We (as the 501st) can not give recommendations towards one seller or another. Also there are quite a few parameter in the decision making process which only you can make (eg, more accurate parts are usually more expensive). Also quality, service and availability can play a big role, too. The more research you do at the beginning the less expensive mistakes you're bound to make ;-)

Cheers

ok thanks for your help!

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome list and comparisons. Is there a list of contact info for these vendors?
For copyright reasons we don't post a list of vendors. Google searches and well placed private messages will get you the answers you seek!

• Like 2

glad i have an MC kit after this. And with his new bucket just coming out, its an even better kit. thanks for posting!

I would definitely put it right behind Strider as most accurate!

glad i have an MC kit after this. And with his new bucket just coming out, its an even better kit. thanks for posting!

Can you elaborate on the "new bucket" (i.e., "new" as of when)? I'm in the queue for an MC and am wondering if I need to ping them to be sure I'm getting the latest...

Thanks!

Dan

• Like 1

Where can I find an MC?

farawaycreations

takes abit to get a reply with info -- from my personal experience

takes abit to get what you ordered -- gathered from forum posts by others

farawaycreations

takes abit to get a reply with info -- from my personal experience

takes abit to get what you ordered -- gathered from forum posts by others

is the back hump seperate from the back armor? was wondering if I could use this for lancer, if not are there any other mods I will need to make for lancer.

is the back hump seperate from the back armor? was wondering if I could use this for lancer, if not are there any other mods I will need to make for lancer.

dug through my contacts with them and heres what i found...

this was under Full kit includes the following armor parts:

"· Tank kit (optional assembled or non assembled) includes topper, decals, bracket for mounting to armor"

this was under the Individual parts pricing:

"Tank (includes decals only) …………. $XXXX+ shipping" -- i X'd out the cost

so, it seems by those 2 line items it is a separate piece.

im not sure on the kit needing modded for lancer ...

maybe, you can contact/message rawktrooper from the post #63 above for more info, looks like he has their kit ;)

are there any mods you need to make to the mc to qualify for lancer?

I'm not aware of any issues with the MC that would disqualify it. We are very lenient with the armors that are available, there may only be a few that wouldn't pass at all. And even then it's not entire set but only a piece here, a piece there....

• Like 2

I kinda want a strider but it's in a different country and don't know how long it will take to ship...

Well there's also the issue that the run hasn't started yet. I have one of the kits Strider made himself and it's a great set and the most accurate currently available. But I understand your concerns and there are plenty of great options in the States. Like I said, SC is a great kit