The Ultimate Armor Comparison Thread!

I'm going ro be Very happy with my armor from Chef, can't wait!

Thanks for posting these.

• Like 1

To be fair, I'm sure they did that intentionally so the armor can be fitted to different statures. With most armors you need to adjust the chest/back straps to fit perfectly.

Might have been,but it's next to impossible to do. It's has a rather large return. You can trim and trim and still not get chest and back to actually rest on the chest and back. MC was years ahead of everyone on the snowy and biker like 10 years.

• Like 2

This is great stuff.

• Like 1

Who's kit is the biggest in the chest and back plate? My wife has an SC kit and I put it on and it looks.... well really small on me. Part of it may be because the straps where already cut so it may just sit to high on me, but if there was a larger kit I would be all about making another one for me.

Who's kit is the biggest in the chest and back plate? My wife has an SC kit and I put it on and it looks.... well really small on me. Part of it may be because the straps where already cut so it may just sit to high on me, but if there was a larger kit I would be all about making another one for me.

KS is one of the bigger ones although it comes up short in the accuracy department. I have yet to see someone whose chest armor was too high though. Most people's chest armor sits too low, which pushes everything else in the costume down too far. Compare to the screen scout and you'll see what I mean.

• 4 weeks later...

Bummer. Looks like that Photobucket hosting nonsense has hit this thread.

Yeah I'm a little short the $400 they want for annual photo hosting :rolleyes:

I will try another hosting service!

Okay, I put the photos on a new hosting site. Hope everyone can see them again!

• Like 2

The only thing I always think of when I see that reference picture is that it looks like the Biker has neck seal? Any input on this?

Apparently they did, but were worn under the flightsuit. The mannequin in the costume book was dressed wrongly. I think there are a couple of threads on the forum about it.

• Like 3

That is correct. The neck seal was worn under the flight suit. Since you can't see it, we don't require it

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

this thread helped me stay away from a few armors, thanks!

as of yet, i do not have an armor nailed down and ordered, although some pm's have been sent out to see if i can own a proper set.

and i was just sitting here thinking the same thing as Kosejonas said above with the reference pick of neck ..

so, there is a neck seal .. and this would be the same as a stormtroopers neck seal then? if so, i will have to put that on the "to get list"

• Like 1

so, there is a neck seal .. and this would be the same as a stormtroopers neck seal then? if so, i will have to put that on the "to get list"

Ok, so the deal with the neck seal is that it wasn't worn by all the scouts. Much to our chagrin, they weren't very consistent with what was worn, and this is an example.

IF one was to wear a neck seal as a scout, you wouldn't wear a regular TK neck seal. The scout one had fewer ribs and no piping in the loops.

That said, it's only ever seen once in the movies and none of the other scouts are wearing it. I honestly wouldn't bother with it. ;)

• Like 1

Its not required on any of the CRLs and as far as we have been told the neck seals were worn under the flight suit so they wouldn't be visible anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Added a comparison photo to the main post

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
How tall is the person who is wearing the SC? Any of the members here?
That's Nexous. He's about 5'8 I believe

I'm 5ft8 152 lbs. The SC armor fits me pretty well.