Advance Recon Team (ART) discussion

Still waiting for interested scouts. Seems only our pilots have detachment pride.

Sometimes you gotta be the cheerleader man

• Like 1

Still waiting for interested scouts. Seems only our pilots have detachment pride.

There's only four in the Dewback Ridge Garrison ART and that's including me. Just find a couple that are interested and start one up brother. Take the first step and the rest will follow :duim:

Wanted to share the DRG ART Patch that our team leader John (AnasaziActual) put together:

0808161307_HDR-1_zpsxkzdg17v.jpg

Pathfinders out front!!

Edited by Retrofire
  • Like 5

We're in the same boat in the Star Garrison. In Dallas, there are only 4 scouts (3 are Lancer), and 1 is not. But in San Antonio, there are a lot more scouts. In the SG alone, there are at least 25 scouts (Texas and Oklahoma). There is just no interest from them in joining up. Cheyenne and I are pushing it though, so hopefully we'll get it established. :duim:

• Like 4

Interest thread started on the Dune Sea Garrison forum!

I'm moving to Phoenix here in a month or two so you can count me in once I get transferred to Dune Sea from Dewback Ridge.

• Like 1

Don't be dissuaded by not having many scouts guys and gals - I started by mysellf, for all intents and purposes. There was already one Scout in my area and he is semi-active and comes every once in a while, but for the most part it was just me when I began trooping.

My goal from the beginning was make a movie Lance of 4-5.

Since I joined May 4th I have had 5 people begin Scout costumes with the intent of going Lancer and joining me! all 5 of them have helmets and parts now, and 2 of those people are almost finished now. 3 more different people have shown interest.

If you are excited and genuine and have fun, people will join you. Make it easy, show them how cool the helmet is, how you can sit down and bend etc.

There are a lot of ways to make this outfit and Scout persona desirable! The most important thing is enjoy it yourself, and be genuinely passionate about what you do!

• Like 3

So there is no minimum number of scouts needed to form one?

No :) Just a willingness to mentor new prospects. The purpose of the ART is to grow the number of scouts in your garrison, not to provide a social outlet for current scouts (although that is fine too). So if one eager scout wants to start an ART to get more garrisonmates to become Scouts, that's exactly what we are looking for!

• Like 3

So if one eager scout wants to start an ART to get more garrisonmates to become Scouts, that's exactly what we are looking for!

Which is basically what I did, and now we will have 7 instead of 1 =)

Alas, one is from another Garrison so he cant join our ART officially, but he will be trooping with us!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm looking at starting an ART however Terror Australis Garrison covers most of Australia. I've started discussions with my squad leader and she has recommended that I initiate duscussions with our CO. If it works out to be politically challenging, is it ok for me to initiate an informal group in my squad and then grow it to an ART when we are more established?

cheers

• Like 2

I'm definitely willing to help out in Star

We just need to get a following of interest built up. I'm willing to take the lead, but I need to know who'll back me up, and help grow this team.

• Like 1

Hi, I'm looking at starting an ART however Terror Australis Garrison covers most of Australia. I've started discussions with my squad leader and she has recommended that I initiate duscussions with our CO. If it works out to be politically challenging, is it ok for me to initiate an informal group in my squad and then grow it to an ART when we are more established?

cheers

Garrison politics are, obviously, something we can't get involved in. The ARTs, however, are local branches of the Detachment. If your GCO has any questions about the role and purpose of the ART, Chex or I would be glad to talk to them about it. You can tell them it is the equivalent of a TK Fire team, if that helps

• Like 2

Thanks mate. Really appreciate the support. I'd like to stay as clear of politics as possible! Just trying to support local pathfinders, share my love of "bad guys doing good" and have fun along the way. :-)

• Like 2

Terror Australis ART added!

• 2 weeks later...

Dune Sea Garrison's ART will have a name this afternoon about 1730 MST. So far, the two leading candidates on our naming poll are "Rathtar Riders" and "Desert Recon".

We will probably have our online presence within our garrison forums, as that's where the other unofficial groups are based.

• Like 1

Dune Sea Garrison's ART will have a name this afternoon about 1730 MST. So far, the two leading candidates on our naming poll are "Rathtar Riders" and "Desert Recon".

We will probably have our online presence within our garrison forums, as that's where the other unofficial groups are based.

Awesome buddy! Looking forward to it.

• Like 1

Dude Sea Garrison ART added!

Welcome to the program

• Like 1

Great Lakes Garrison ART is a go!

We're running a poll through next week to choose our name. Will update with results.

YES! Is it a Facebook group? Make sure to add me and Chex

• Like 1

PM sent to XO.

Alpine Garrison has formed our ART.

Name: 45th Wasatch Recon Team

Leader: Myself (TJ O'Brien TB99000)

FB page has been formed.

I love it! Added to the roster