Advance Recon Team (ART) discussion

Dune Sea Garrison's Rathtar Riders finally have a logo, and patches are inbound!

ART%20RATHAR%20RIDERS_zpsxdfjsayz.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Interested in setting up an A.R.T. in Ireland. We have a small number of scouts & I think it would be helpful tool to encourage more pride & costume updates with them.

Thinking Irish Pathfinders ( Advance​ Recon Team ) .

• Like 2

Interested in setting up an A.R.T. in Ireland. We have a small number of scouts & I think it would be helpful tool to encourage more pride & costume updates with them.

Thinking Irish Pathfinders ( Advance​ Recon Team ) .

Awesome! Leading the way

I'm gonna show off our ART's logos ;)

The main logo:

12794858_10207514856482335_1590954441227439561_o.jpg

The Shoretrooper variant:

ST6_700.png

• Like 4

That's cool!

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Well hell, I'm gonna show off our logo here as well!

18268454_10155046374000590_9217658006557103962_n.jpg

That's a great one. I like how it looks like something from the National Park Service

That's a great one. I like how it looks like something from the National Park Service

Absolutely! That was my idea, Mickey ;)

Set up Facebook and Instagram pages if anyone wants to follow & share

Http://facebook.com/IrishPathfinders

@irishpathfinders

I will be sure to give you guys a follow! I need to set one up for ours as well.

• Like 1

Set up Facebook and Instagram pages if anyone wants to follow & share

Http://facebook.com/IrishPathfinders

@irishpathfinders

I followed you!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Diamond Garrison ART is a go!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just curious. Does anyone have an image database of the ART's that have been formed? We're in the process of putting one together and I'm curious about what others have done for logo deigns to maybe give us ideas outside the stagnation that seems to have taken place for us.

I'm not talking about stealing anyone else's ideas. I'm just curious to see what else others have done to maybe expand thinking.

• Like 2

I'll have to post mine back up. Never corrected it after photobucketpocalypse.

You can see them on our Instagram page though

https://www.instagram.com/scout_team_six/

• 5 weeks later...

goodmorning all,

this morning I got confronted with a discussion on the legion board about the name we use for the Dutch Garrison's ART and the patch we have produced. Our name is Pathfinder Patrol 31 and it seems that, since we are an unofficial team within our Garrison under supervision of the Detachment, we are not allowed to use any references to the 501st, legion, detachment etc.. The word Pathfinder seems to be the issue. when we formed the ART, the name was authorized by the Detachment staff and the Dutch Garrison staff. The logo we got designed by Juan and we made the patches off, has not officially been cleared as we did not know this was a rule(my garrison staff as well as myself are not aware of this). The logo itself does not contain any references to the legion, the detachment or the garrison. At this moment our GCO is contacting Lesley to get a clear statement what the problem is so we can take immediate action.

I understood some ART contactpersons and our merch officer have their worries in this matter. As soon as we have a clear statement, I'll post this here..

From where I stand I think I have an issue and have to arrange a namechange, get new logo's and get these cleared through the official route.. on the other hand, I see more ART's might have an issue with their name, so hopefully something can be set as a guideline or a clear statement can be made.

As the patches, which are already sold, have been distributed amongst our garrison/ART members, we made a statement that no one should post anything about them on public social media as long as this discussion has not been cleared.

keep you posted my brothers and sisters!

The term pathfinder has been used by several sources and can in no way be 'owned' by the legion, so that is confusing.

Obviously ART are not allowed to feature the terms, '501st' '501st Legion' 501st ( insert Garrison name )' etc..

I see no reference beyond that in the charter so I am interested in hearing Lesley's reply

• Like 3

Yeah I'm interested in the explanation myself given that the US Army has...

A01062-large1.jpg

• Like 2

goodmorning all,

this morning I got confronted with a discussion on the legion board about the name we use for the Dutch Garrison's ART and the patch we have produced. Our name is Pathfinder Patrol 31 and it seems that, since we are an unofficial team within our Garrison under supervision of the Detachment, we are not allowed to use any references to the 501st, legion, detachment etc.. The word Pathfinder seems to be the issue. when we formed the ART, the name was authorized by the Detachment staff and the Dutch Garrison staff. The logo we got designed by Juan and we made the patches off, has not officially been cleared as we did not know this was a rule(my garrison staff as well as myself are not aware of this). The logo itself does not contain any references to the legion, the detachment or the garrison. At this moment our GCO is contacting Lesley to get a clear statement what the problem is so we can take immediate action.

I understood some ART contactpersons and our merch officer have their worries in this matter. As soon as we have a clear statement, I'll post this here..

From where I stand I think I have an issue and have to arrange a namechange, get new logo's and get these cleared through the official route.. on the other hand, I see more ART's might have an issue with their name, so hopefully something can be set as a guideline or a clear statement can be made.

As the patches, which are already sold, have been distributed amongst our garrison/ART members, we made a statement that no one should post anything about them on public social media as long as this discussion has not been cleared.

keep you posted my brothers and sisters!

I'd like to see an official statement from whoever has an issue. To my knowledge, nothing has been sent or communicated with the Pathfinder Detachment leadership. Again, unless the Pathfinder Detachment leadership (which I am part of) has an issue - I fail to see why this is a problem. You are not calling it the "501st Pathfinders Patrol 31", so I have no problems here.

Please keep Chef and me in the loop. We'll help however we can.

• Like 4