quingald finn's KT build

Looking great man! Did you cover the cod in fabric?

Thx, and Yes i did cover the cod piece with cloth ( the same i used to make my undersuit of, so its a bit smoother then i used before(second try))

im gonna durty them up today, so hopefully i can post my pictures end of the weekend for approval

No thx nothing i couldnt handle just some minor changes, colour of the undersuit is fixed now brown instead of black/brown, new riding patch (it was tan now gray), underarmstraps were 1 piece with a black piece inbetween and i removed the black piece, biceparmor needed to be rotated 90 degrees and box on the left needed to be darker gray and my knees straps werent visible on the pictures so ill sent in a detail with next run, the only big thing was my shins i had to cut out aprox. 2,5cm to make look beter and fit right but that coming along just fine aswell

colour of the undersuit is fixed now brown instead of black/brown,

new riding patch (it was tan now gray),

underarm straps were 1 piece with a black piece in between and i removed the black piece,

box on the left needed to be darker gray

- Umm the undersuit has to be more or a really dark purple, so a black/brown would be closer than a brown for sure!

- Riding patch is TAN for lvl 1 and OATMEAL for lvl 2... wtf its never been grey! (We aren't the Scout Troopers)

- Underarm piece is 2 gray strips or "MADE TO LOOK THAT WAY" so again wtf, you were good witht he black strip in middle.

- Box? I assume your drop pouches, they aren't grey, they are the same colour as the cummerbund pouches!

I dont know why you guys run into these problems with your applications. It actually infuriates me to watch you guys get told you're wrong on some of these points.

Actually Allan, the riding patch was grey when I first started.

It wasn't until "someone" went all about, to inform us that we were all wrong.

At the time grey was correct and accepted.

Now it's tan, or "oatmeal." If you've seen some of the "oatmeal" I make, you wouldn't want your riding patch that color. ;)

They run into "problems" because the some of the GML's out there decide it's up to what they like and not what's been referenced.

But, oh well. I mean it's not like there's a website that has these references pictures and topics to compare submitted pictures with, now is there? (All sarcasm intended...)

• Like 1

I know what you guys mean but i want to get aproved and the more i kick the gml's the bigger my list is gonna be so ill fix these thing the way they want and be done with it.

And Allan it wasnt my dropboxes but the box on the leftbicep armor, it was light gray

And mabye we should get the CRL up on the mainwebsite because it isnt up to date with the one on bikerscout.net, that why guys like us get in these kind of trouble because the gml's dont look at WIP CRL's.

Now thats sharp! Looking very good. The only issues I see is that my GML would not allow the woodland camo pouches and the drop pouches had to have a more grey color. Others have been fine without these fixes, but seems to just my GML's preference, so I think you will be fine.

The straps in the shins seem a bit too tan for my taste, but that is just my preference. The one thing I would suggest is to weather the gloves. They stand out compared to the weathered armor. Looking good though, an you shouldn't have any issues man.

Ok, I lied, saw a couple other things. Your biceps should be rotated so the large part is on the back of your arm. Also, your knees seem to droop a bit. I'm actually adding Velcro to my undersuit to keep them in place. It will be worse when you are walking a bit, and they will eventually be down your leg.

I've seen others approved with that style for the pouches.

It's all up to the individual GML's.

It does need some spray paint misting on the pouches, though.

That would cover some of the design, but still have the camo show through.

Overall, it looks like a great build. The tank looks great.

The knees will always droop. Mine have been doing it for four years. Still have to push them up, every now and then. :rolleyes:

Do you have a close-up pic of the thigh pouches?

looking gd. a few armour positioning issues - easy to sort out

the attachement point is at the lower end of the knee plate - so I position the velcro near the top to stop the entire piece from tipping forward

DSCF3294.jpg

the problem with the camo on the boxes is that its not very clearly seen - multicam IS a compromise

but even on mine - the multicam is misted over quite a bit to try and give it that 'smudged' look on the boxes

DSCF3302.jpg

but the final decision is up to individual GMLs as these no ideal 100% accurate camo yet identified

*screaming and cursing* ....

Ok im good now, LoL jsut needed a time out after reading previous posts.

You're looking great,

I used snaps in my knees to keep them up... actually I used snaps on:

- the front and back of my shins to keep them from riding too low,

- the tops of my knees to keep them from dropping,

- the outside end of my glove (connected to elbow armor) to keep the elbow armor in place,

- the inside end of my glove (connected to the BDU's) to keep it from sliding down my arm

- the inside and outside of bicep armor to keep them from dropping,

- the top of my cummerbund (connected to the chest of my BDU's) to keep it from sliding down

Umm... I think thats it, Oh I have my shins, and bicep pieces lined with foam to keep them from moving around as well.

Just some ideas for you if you wanted (any of you guys really)

Personally I think all you need is more weathering, you're way too clean :P but yeah those shin straps are really tan, but hey thats the CRL so whatever...

Not like it will matter anyways, seems like all your GM's have a big hate-on for the up-to-date references and CRL's... and just go with what they think. :angry2:

Good luck man, I dont see you having a problem this time...

Well other than being a "scruffy looking nerf herder" :lol:

*screaming and cursing* ....

Ok im good now, LoL jsut needed a time out after reading previous posts.

Huh?? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...