quingald finn's KT build

Hi guys,

im starting a new build

bought the desert camo pants and boots last week,

the shirt is ordered and will arive this saturday

also bought Dye to colour the camo dark brown.

8794610301_3707392be5_n.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94406897@N08/8794610301/

More to come

Hi guys and girls its me again

got the shirt in yesterday and started to remove the collar and some pockets to make the required neckline later

8921430321_dd18cac230_z.jpg

IMG_0002

did the same with the pants to make new pockets on top of the thighs

8922046068_c454b12340_z.jpg

IMG_0001

also got the gloves sorted

8921428129_d0d50da05f_z.jpg

IMG_0005

just not to happy about the glove inlays, they have too many bubbles in them

8922042682_73bed8503b_z.jpg

IMG_0006

any1 know how to fix this

hope you like it

more to come

Mine turned out the same way, but honestly you won't be able to tell. After you get it on the glove with some weathering it will look natural. Good luck with your build! I'm not way too many steps beyond you, but a lot of trial and error and questions have been asked and answered. Check out the other builds on here for more info, but never be afraid to ask.

I assume you will be making a BC kit? Recon and I are working on the same, but most everyone can lead you in the right direction regardless if the kit they built.

This will be interesting as you are not using the old style british desert style BDU's. It will be interesting to see what these will look like when they get dyed. Since the British BDU's are getting harder to find a good alternative will be needed. Hope they come out ok when finished. Agree with the glove greebs, they already look good and beat up, perfectly weathered.

This will be interesting as you are not using the old style british desert style BDU's. It will be interesting to see what these will look like when they get dyed. Since the British BDU's are getting harder to find a good alternative will be needed. Hope they come out ok when finished. Agree with the glove greebs, they already look good and beat up, perfectly weathered.

dont know how they will turn out, im very curious to see the result

That's a nice boot there! You may want to bring up the curve a bit right next to the heel. If you look at the screen shots, I looks like that is the area with the biggest curve to it. What boot is that and did you have to paint it white?

That's a nice boot there! You may want to bring up the curve a bit right next to the heel. If you look at the screen shots, I looks like that is the area with the biggest curve to it. What boot is that and did you have to paint it white?

brand called Fostex and they come as they are, unfortunatly cant go any high on the curve under the heels cause i might break throu the sole

For the boots you have, and the dremmel work that you did with them, they look pretty good.

If you know you can't go up any higher because of the sole, don't risk it. B)

How many goes did it take to make those pieces of art?

Not too shabby if I say so, but really all you need is a grumpy ol guys opinion ;)

:( your machine looks a bit better then my 25 year old thing I got off my mother-in-law

Man, I almost forgot what it looked like after so long and work! You'll have fun with this. Also check out some lexon scissors. They made life much easier on a few things. Score and snap though is what you will do most of. Check out all the threads for help, but I know me and Recon are working on the same kit, so feel free to ask anything!

Score and snap?

I used a dremmel for mostly everything... Then sanded the edges with the dremmel as well ;)

There are a lot of knowledgable people here on BSN, and as Bselph said any questions just toss them out there and one of us should have an answer.

Good luck and have fun, my build is taking a while but I love it

Allan, really?!?!?! Man you must be dang good with that Dremel! I don't trust myself enough. A few passes with sharp razor and grab some pliers to snap. Little sanding and good to go!

here is what i did the last couple of days,

i sanded my helmet, and i started to trim the edges of the armor pieces

9135381837_ecaf3948bc_z.jpg

9137559502_707ba8da91_z.jpg

its getting there

still need a few small things done to the helmet, im keeping it in 1 pieces( first helmet, dont want to mess it up )