quingald finn's KT build

Looks good man, hmm I like the camo pattern Matt used for the pouches. I got the kaki coloured ones from him so I can try and air brush the same type of camo pattern on them as I do the armor.

Piece by piece you'll get there

Either way is good. It's just a matter of weathering them, which gives them that "worn in" look.

hi guys update time

I finished trimming all the armor pieces and cuting out the visor and other parts on the helmet and backpack

So im ready to glue

9166204958_aa5d515d17_z.jpg

9163977429_0a94de3a83_z.jpg

9166204674_dfc94e561b_z.jpg

Also finished sewing on the BPM so those can be dyed dark brown, now im gonna start on the Cummerbund to attach all the pouches

Collar looks great. Just a question on the thigh pockets (it might just be the angle of the pic) but do have the bias pleat on the outside edge? It looks in the close up pic, like it may be there just hard to tell. If you had to rather fix it now, than after it is dyed :)

Collar looks great. Just a question on the thigh pockets (it might just be the angle of the pic) but do have the bias pleat on the outside edge? It looks in the close up pic, like it may be there just hard to tell. If you had to rather fix it now, than after it is dyed :)

Same question here. The thigh pouch should stick out from the leg and be at least 1" thick. Is the pouch laying flat or can you place a piece of foam in it to give it dimension, like the cummerbund pouches. Yes, make the modifications, if you need to, before you dye the fabric.

the legpouches can be filled out with some foam later only the bottom hem hasnt got a pleat

its fill with some left over foam atm but will be filled the good fitting version when finnished

Hope this meets the standaard ;)

Question about your chest piece,

Did you leave the little lip at the bottom?

this piece of fabric is is fastened by some velcro at the top, but is lost at the bottom mabye ill place some velcro there later but i think it will be stuck between my body and the armor pretty thight

It's not a big deal. It can be there or not. (It also depends on who made the armor. Each maker is different.)

There was a small point brought up that it was either the bottom of the chest armor or the top of the cummerbund.

(And that was in one of those "highly-controversial pre-production and not screen accurate reference pictures." :blink: )

However, if it was the top of the cummerbund, where the straps fold over, then it would be on the outside of the armor and constantly move and show the under suit. To me, like the Biker Scout, you would want the chest armor to stay on top of the cummerbund.

Just make sure that the cummerbund goes up under the chest piece, and that you have enough under there, so when you move around, the under suit stays covered in the front.

I like the way you have done your zipper with the Velcro flap. You will need to weather the cummerbund, to give it that real dirty look. The only question I see, is that the stomach belt looks a little wide and a little low. It can just be the proportions in the picture, but the belt looks to be wider than 2 inches. Also, are you attaching your belt to the bottom if the cummerbund itself? If so, I would certainly move to stomach belt up a bit.

I dyed mine a couple of times to get it dark enough for my liking, so dont get discouraged yet.

i decided to scrap my dyed DPM's, i still have too much colour difference between the shirt and the trousers

ill have to find something else probably the british DPM's coase those are made out of 100% cotton i believe so they dye beter then the once i had

now where to find the british DPM's

I like the way you have done your zipper with the Velcro flap. You will need to weather the cummerbund, to give it that real dirty look. The only question I see, is that the stomach belt looks a little wide and a little low. It can just be the proportions in the picture, but the belt looks to be wider than 2 inches. Also, are you attaching your belt to the bottom if the cummerbund itself? If so, I would certainly move to stomach belt up a bit.

The belt might be a bit wider then 2 inches but i took the cummerbund made by ladysewforus as a reference and that looks like its abit wider aswell but your right about the placement it might be a bit low and ill take under consideration to move it a little up.

I got my suit from Union Jack's Place Ltd on eBay. Worked out great! Very reasonable price and he helps with the correct sizing for you. Check him out but make sure to tell him you need the cotton kind. Mine came with some patches on it as well that I had to remove.