My first Bucket

comm tech

You really don't like much now with being done. You can always grab the stenciles I made if you want.

I've been working in a wookie bag all day for Brandon. The one you resewed for him got rejected by the Legion. Said it was too small and too light. That's what he gets from getting the bag from Tim! But your sewing job was fantastic. Mine did not come out nearly as well.

I am sorry to hear that he was turned down for it, but I will say that when I was sewing it watching the blueray, Brandon's bag did look like a really light leather. In the movie I would have guessed it was a 5oz or so leather.

All hard armor pieces have their first coat of camo flat tan base on them. Making a little more progress. Used two cans of camo on the first coat....Damn that is a lot of paint. Get two more cans tomorrow and try to get the last coat on Wed or Thurs night.

Ok So the day started out with a test fit for the new riding patch, switching from gray to oatmeal.

aIMG_4059_zpsf232f239.jpg

aIMG_4060_zps982c1550.jpg

aIMG_4061_zpsfcb00de5.jpg

Then it was off with the riding patch for some weathering and I figured lets try on the lower half of the out fit

aIMG_4062_zpsffbff7f3.jpg

Painted the puches

aIMG_4067_zps1a51b9ed.jpg

Tank greeb painted

aIMG_4066_zps7719f4f0.jpg

And finally my HEAVILY scared helmet. my wife now knows why I act the way I do, it is all the blunt force trauma.

aIMG_4064_zpsf06eaa87.jpg

aIMG_4063_zps3b563da8.jpg

aIMG_4065_zps98e1ff09.jpg

Disc on Helmet......Crap just one more thing to add to the So close but still have to do list.

I have a friend that works with vinyl ( he owns a sign company) gonna work with him on setting up a computer file with the layout of the eye decal. THat way all he has to do is load the black vinyl into his cutter and all the hard work is done for me. If it works out well, I may just have him make me a bunch of them, so we have a source for the decal, since they don't come with the kits.

Time to get that armor dirty!

You would be a hero if you got those vinyl lines made up. :)

After you get the decals on, give it a coat of flat clear, to seal them on. (And then get them dirty!!) ;)

Don't put in lens before you weather the helmet or spray te clear!!!! Made that mistake, thankfully just on the old lens, and ended up having clear and black all over it.

No one has accused me of being terribly bright.

Been there!!!! You really have very little to go. Like I said, the drop pouches, our GML wants them grey, so a quick mist of white and primer will do it. Light mist though, cause a little goes a long way.

I wouldn't worry about the camo pattern either.

Thanks Brent. I already have the drop pouches and the two back tall pouches lightened and greyed. The camo I knew I was taking a risk on the black, but it just made sense that there would be a primer coat, between the base camo tan and the "metal armor". If it has to be redone so be it. But what got to me this time was I sprayed the flat clear coat first thing on Tuesday AM and because the humidity was to high, it dried with a white have. Used to happen in the wood finishing company I used to work for up north. SO I am going to have to rub the pieces down with a scotchbrite pad and then respray them again, with the clear. It will be fine, just very aggrivating.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A couple of pics of my clay scuplts for the elbow straps. I did one of each style, one as a single piece that can have the middle blacked out & one of the two band option with an open middle. Will try to get these in plaster tomorrow. If they come out good I will start with the other pieces as well.

IMG_0195_zps3ece5c33.jpg

IMG_0194_zps182f52ec.jpg

Yeah I have been trying to get my boat back in the water, so I have been working on that as well.

Here is the first pull from the new mold, I am not too worried about it no being perfectly smooth as it just adds to the worn look.

IMG_0210_zps3267321a.jpg