My first Bucket

comm tech

Ok, so the tan boots needed to be a bit more white, but in my opinion, without being white. So i dusted the boots with some flat white rattle can and I really like the outcome.

aIMG_3986_zpsf2f5ead8.jpg

aIMG_3987_zps29ea57ed.jpg

aIMG_4003_zps82d4b8e2.jpg

Now that the boot is whiter, I needed to modify the soles. Dremeled out the side of the soles to get the small arcs that the Screen boot has. Dremeled a little of the main boot arc, but it is pretty slim to start with and I am afraid that the boot will fall apart, if I go much further.

aIMG_4008_zps95603a44.jpg

aIMG_4007_zps4774a644.jpg

aIMG_4006_zps1e2290f3.jpg

aIMG_4005_zps6f3a96ef.jpg

I have boots just like those. They are easy to make the small arches in the sole. Yeah, the center arch, meh, not so easy to work with. Not much there. But, ya work with what you've got.

"White", with a little bit of "off-white" and not so much "not white-white with that "off-off-off-white." But, don't have so much "tan" with the "white", or "off-white", for that matter. The soles should be "tan", or "sand", with no "white" or "off-white", or "eggshell", or "extremely light-grey." And don't mix the "white" with "off-white", or "tan", or "taupe", or "sand." It would be bad.

(Just a little bit of humorous sarcasm about paint colors...heh!)

(Clear as mud? :huh::blink::wacko: )

Shins look good as well.

Matt I think you just blew my mind!

That's why I'm here.

Just sayin' it like I've heard it...maybe. :)

• 2 weeks later...

aIMG_4017_zps0047d28d.jpg

aIMG_4016_zpsfe73c163.jpg

Finally feeling better after surgery so I decided to try to paint the chrome today....Not gonna happen, it is WAY to humid for painting today, I am getting fishes and whiting. So I will work on the small greebs today, getting them ready for primer.

I stopped painting chrome after the helmet, don't want to waste the chrome paint.

Looking good bro. It should come along quickly now. And Brandon loved the wookie bag! He came over last night to finish the cap rivets on it. He's already been shipping the pictures around to the squad. Great job again.

THanks Brent,

I get really nervous doing stuff for other people, I never feel like what I do is good enough for someone else. I am so glad he likes it.

BTW, My local hobby stores do not have the Tamaya paints, all they carry is the Pactra. What hobby store did you tell me you got yours at? I am heading to Tampa soon and I can just swing by and pick them up.

I went to the paint section at my local hard wear store.

I stood there for an hour with my phone and trying to match the proper colours. So no worries if you can't find the same as everybody else (as long as its close)

Unless you have other Kashyyyk Troopers in your area, then you should all try and match up ;)

If you need me to run by there sometime this week, just let me know.

Thanks but I should be good. Going to Busch Gardens some night this week, so I will grab it then Thanks.

I went to the paint section at my local hard wear store.

I stood there for an hour with my phone and trying to match the proper colours. So no worries if you can't find the same as everybody else (as long as its close)

Unless you have other Kashyyyk Troopers in your area, then you should all try and match up ;)

Yeah DR. Since Brent and I are in the same Squad, I thought it would be a good idea if our colors matched, even if the camo is going to be a slightly different pattern.

aIMG_4018_zps1bdaf69f.jpg

Joined the strap and the belt together. I didn't like the buttons so I E6000 the belt and then at 5 locations on the belt, I sewed with black thread (used for leather work) the two items together. Since the thread is black it blends great with black setins of the belt.

aIMG_4021_zps1b4bda19.jpg

Still having trouble with the grey holding to the belt rubber. Anyone using something that is working well? I still have to either remove the grey on the in sets or paint them black. SInce paint doesn't want to stick to it any way, I may just strip the paint off of them.

I painted it all grey then painted each square black.

As for the paint sticking and peeling off:

This happend to me as well, but once you have your pouches on it is 85% covered so u less this is part of the 15% don't worry...

The only way to get the grey primer (rustoleum) to stick is to take a sanding wheel and your dremmel and sand down every bit of the belt (or any of the other plastic greeblies for that matter)

You need the rubber to look rough, there's no chance in hell you can do it by hand, LoL, so sanding pinwheel and dremmel it like I said ;)

Orrrr... Prim with te rustoleum grey then put a touch of clear coat over it (the primer will not cure properly and will remain taky, once a light clear coat is applied it *should* cure pretty well but twisting and bending it will cause the clear coat to crack and then you have black showing brought again... That's the quick n easy temp fix

Hope it works out for you, if you find something else that works fill is in buddy ;)

I painted it all grey then painted each square black.

As for the paint sticking and peeling off:

This happend to me as well, but once you have your pouches on it is 85% covered so u less this is part of the 15% don't worry...

The only way to get the grey primer (rustoleum) to stick is to take a sanding wheel and your dremmel and sand down every bit of the belt (or any of the other plastic greeblies for that matter)

You need the rubber to look rough, there's no chance in hell you can do it by hand, LoL, so sanding pinwheel and dremmel it like I said ;)

Orrrr... Prim with te rustoleum grey then put a touch of clear coat over it (the primer will not cure properly and will remain taky, once a light clear coat is applied it *should* cure pretty well but twisting and bending it will cause the clear coat to crack and then you have black showing brought again... That's the quick n easy temp fix

Hope it works out for you, if you find something else that works fill is in buddy ;)

Gonna talk to a prop maker friend of mine this week and see if he has any good ideas. Thanks for the input thought DR.

Finished sewing my velcro for the pouches on my cumberbund. Lady sew for us makes a very durable product (the cumberbund) but to try to sew velcro on top of the 5 very heavy layers of existing fabric, was a bit tough. But, my wife is a great sewing person.

aIMG_4022_zps9931fe10.jpg

aIMG_4023_zps601930ae.jpg

aIMG_4024_zps73b93c5f.jpg

aIMG_4026_zps8a43a67c.jpg

aIMG_4027_zpsdb252005.jpg

aIMG_4029_zps57f8b757.jpg

aIMG_4028_zps52503ee6.jpg

Also sewed a 2" strip of velcro on to the belt. I will be placing a few pieces of velcro on the inside of the cumberbund to hold it in place.

aIMG_4030_zps11ba2774.jpg

Who was in charge of making sure I hit all of my hard armor pieces with chrome and black paint???!!?! I thought I had everything black and ready to aplly a little bit more latex and I found my toe caps stuck in a corner all covered in primer, waiting for the chrome. Damn it!!!

After DR and BSelph forgetting pieces, I told myself this would not happen to me. Guess I was wrong :angry2:

There is one more knee cover, but it is hidden down below.

aIMG_4034_zpsacbc59fa.jpg

aIMG_4031_zpsf284f034.jpg

aIMG_4032_zps117dab81.jpg

aIMG_4033_zps8823190d.jpg

aIMG_4035_zpsef259d1a.jpg

aIMG_4037_zpsa780a118.jpg

Had a slight issue with the chestplate, it hit the floor with wet black on it.

aIMG_4038_zps34efa3c5.jpg

Greebs are done. Just gotta work on the straps. Gonna wait to see what my buddy says about paint adhesion.

aIMG_4036_zps88076123.jpg

Missing a piece seems to happen to the best of us :P

Looks good though, I had to wait till I stoped laughing to be able to type this. ;)

Ive been reading up on how to do multiple layers then sand down and make it look like blaster marks. Seems this is the way your going...

Makes me want to strip it all down and do my paint job over again

Keep up the good work, your coming along nicely.

Yep, been there! It is looking very nice though! You made stenciles yet? I ended up buying some cheap an thin abs sheets from the hobby store, and the cut the stencile from those. I got about 2 stenciles per sheet. Couldn't do too much since I needed enough around the cutout to stop any overspray.

Rough week again so not much done today. Cut the straps to length for the forearm/elbow armor and inserted the female snap end. Same with the knee straps. Painted all the straps and the rubber arm greebs grey. Applied another layer of latex to the hard armor, to try to get the black to show around the silver a little when unmasked. Belt got another coat of grey as well. Cut out the new oatmeal colored riding patch. Too tired to go on.

No Brent I have not gotten around to the stencils yet. Gonna try like hell to get this done to wear at TB Comic Con in two weeks.

You really don't like much now with being done. You can always grab the stenciles I made if you want.

I've been working in a wookie bag all day for Brandon. The one you resewed for him got rejected by the Legion. Said it was too small and too light. That's what he gets from getting the bag from Tim! But your sewing job was fantastic. Mine did not come out nearly as well.