My Kashyyk journey begins......

darren1970

it looks just a hair darker but i would think it will work.

the main thing is to get the UK KT's to use the same colors so when you troop together , you match, same thing i am trying to get done here in the states.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if UK KT's are with the US KT's? Onlookers will be so confused...... :huh:

Just kidding ;) Looks pretty good Darren. You might be able to use a Green wash that is just a tad lighter and with the weathering it might end up spot on. You are taking your time and trying plenty of options, I'm sure the end result will be great.

Thanks for the fast replies guys.

I believe that Skip and Nathan (heatshock) have gotten paint matched to your origional sample, so mine should be almost identicle after weathering etc.

Now the part I'm looking forward to........it's camo time :D

What if UK KT's are with the US KT's? Onlookers will be so confused...... :huh:

Just kidding ;) Looks pretty good Darren. You might be able to use a Green wash that is just a tad lighter and with the weathering it might end up spot on. You are taking your time and trying plenty of options, I'm sure the end result will be great.

Nahhh you would tell us apart cause we would keep our buckets on !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nahhh you would tell us apart cause we would keep our buckets on !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL, you naughtly boy Dan :lol::lol:

Update:

Started on the camo ( boy it's fun ). This is my first green layer.

greencamoR.jpg

greencamoL.jpg

I ended up using a flat, stiff bristled brush and 'dabbing it around the shape of the camo pattern to get a 'feathered' edge. I'm leaving it to dry for a few hours, then gonna start putting some brown on it.

Darren

looking good. you have the idea on the camo, i used brushes and sponges.

Phew....that's a relief. Cheers Tom

Update. I've added a brown layer. What do you guys think? More green or brown?

CamobrownR.jpg

CamobrownL.jpg

Can I also wish you all a Very Happy 2011 and thank you guys for the warm welcome, the motivation and the superb advice.

Darren

very cool. yeah your camo looks good, because you are doing in the style of the movie. the camo colors look like they kinda of spider out instead of blobs.

happy new years to you too, man.

you did a great job on the helmet.

Update 1st Jan.

Enjoyed the camo stage soooo much I decided to do some dry brush weathering, add the hinge and aerator greeblies and the decals.

I think it's almost finished.

nearlythereR.jpg

nearlythereL.jpg

nearlythereB.jpg

Can't decide if I need more weathering?

Darren

OK a few changes made.

Dan Cooper ( who has a KST cleared in the UKG ) has the inside of his KST visor base + camo, not black like mine, so I've camo'd my visor to match.

Added a little more black weathering ( I'd rather do a bit at a time than do too much first time around ).

I think it's lookin OK ( note: the camera and lighting have washed it out a little - it's much grubbier than it appears ). Also this is still the test lense material, not the proper stuff.

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0095.jpg

Next I'm gonna tackle the back tank and chest piece.

Darren

Looking good Daz ;)

Looks like the pinstripe below the lense needs to be raised up higher into the reces that is there on both sides and the Black logo only needs to be on the left side of the visor ;)

Okay, will raise the pin-stripes up a touch ( bugger, I've laquered over them too :angry: )

Filled and sanded the back tank, ready for paint

DSCF0102.jpg

and managed to get the chest, filled, smoothed and painted.

DSCF0104.jpg

Darren

soz darren back from teh dead now :D

hmmm nice progress, man you are quick!!

I have done up to the chrome phase, and just masking for the dark grey (think I am working inside-out and you are working outside-in for the silver bits?)

btw - what are you doing to your boxes? I know you got Dmitiris foam boxes; and I am sure Chad did too. There was a another discussion on here (skip started it I am sure?) abt cloth coverage on the boxes (as are Tom's). Was just wondering what are you gonna do with yours? Mine are actually made of cloth, and was gonna paint on em

IMG_20101223_230045.jpg