My Kashyyk journey begins......

darren1970

Hi guys.

Well I finally made a small start towards my planned Kashyyk trooper. A fellow teacher ( and Royal Marine Reserve ) gave me a full set of British Desert DPM camo's.

As it says in the title, this is gonna be a slow W.I.P. as I'm still finishing my 3rd clone build and, although my wife is very understanding, I'd better leave a 'little' time before starting the next ;)

Hopefully after Christmas I can catch MB's next run of armour and begin the build properly. Until then it's time to dye some fabric :lol:

Darren

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kashyyyk troopers are increasing in the U.K. B)

Keep them coming!

Love the Bacara, by the way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

update........

removed all the pockets and un-needed bits from the camo and gave them 'stage 1' of the dyeing proccess ( I used Dylon Woodland Brown ).

jacket3.jpg

pants3.jpg

Next to dye them black to darken the pattern a bit more.

Also did some work on a possible pair of boots ( I've put a thread in the Boots forum for comments ).

Darren

Hey Daren looking good mate.

I suspect that your BDUs probably look darker than that in Natural light - might want to take a pic in natural light for comparison 1st, as you dont want it too bright.

is it gonna be Mark thats judging the colour of the BDU's? Unfortunately it isnt a prespricptive - use X then Y combination due to the different dyes and wear on the respective dyes.

Shoes looking good mate, not perfect, but aside from Toms (who got a nice reproductive kc pit crewes *mutter mutter mutter*); no ones is.

might want to grind away some of that detailing on the sole - but thats personal perference rather than affectnig clearance I think.

btw what are you gonna use for gloves? I got the email for the contact Mosi made for his gloves if you want#?

Nate

Cheers Nathan.

Yeah I'd love the contact for the gloves mate. Thanks

Update.....

Second stage ( black ) dying done. Only left them in for 15 minutes as I didn't want to loose the camo pattern.

pants4.jpg

Darren

looking good, looks like we may be doing our KT's at about the same time, my dpm's are in the mail and im trying to get the right fabric i want for my cummer, 1 inch webbing straps in mail too. have you thought about your cummer?

looking good, looks like we may be doing our KT's at about the same time, my dpm's are in the mail and im trying to get the right fabric i want for my cummer, 1 inch webbing straps in mail too. have you thought about your cummer?

Not yet Ski. I'll probably start sourcing materials for that next.

Update 19th October.....

Really happy with how the dying of the camo's has turned out. It's near as I'll ever get to the screen cap of a CGI Kashyyk trooper.

Thanks to some needleworking from my Mum the shirt now has a hidden velcro fastening down the front, a "racing suit" type neck closure and shortened/narrowed sleeves. Basically the shirt is done ( I think ;) )

camo1.jpg

The pants need the pockets making and attaching to the front ( rough position marked out on the photo ) and the gray inner thigh patches adding.

Two questions guys, what size are the front pockets and what type of gray material is most suitable for the inner thigh fabric.

Darren

I'll cross my fingers too. Otherwise I'll have to use someone's sewing machine.

my fingers crossed as well or i will have to learn to use my wife's sewing machine. my first attempt was not very promising

and now i think its official, we have hijacked darrens W.I.P. to talk about cummerbunds :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Those boots look great, Darren! You'll need to put on the shins first. Slide them up as high as you can go, above your calf. Put on your boots, and then slide the shins back down. With the shins being one piece, that seems the only way.

Those boots look great, Darren! You'll need to put on the shins first. Slide them up as high as you can go, above your calf. Put on your boots, and then slide the shins back down. With the shins being one piece, that seems the only way.

Cheers mate. That's what I was thinkin

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my armour parcel arrived from Mr.B yesterday :D

I had my sticky paws on it for ten minutes then my wife took it all away to be wrapped up for Christmas ( bah Humbug...!) :angry:

Roll on Christmas, can't wait to start on that gorgeous helmet.