The great journey is nigh!

Went ahead and tried on the back and chest armor to see how they stack up and so far it looks like a good fit! So far my chest armor sits right above where my ribs end, so about halfway down my chest!

Sorry about the picture angles and quality I’m not the best at selfies lol. I will reupload some better pictures when I have another hand!

Vge2exg.jpeg

sDchBYi.jpeg

1rUcVlq.jpeg

Those pics are fine. It looks like you'll need to bring your chest in a bit based on that second picture. Distance down your chest is about right so no worries there. Remember that you'll have the vest and cummerbund that sit under your chest/back armor so there's a bit of thickness there. You're doing a great job so keep it up!

• Like 1

When doing my thermal detonator clips I thought I got the measurements correct but it seems when I put the holes in the plastic it warped my marks and one clip is higher than the other. Will this be a big issue or do I need to order a new tube?

O7UvC4o.jpeg

1 hour ago, TheSenate501 said:

When doing my thermal detonator clips I thought I got the measurements correct but it seems when I put the holes in the plastic it warped my marks and one clip is higher than the other. Will this be a big issue or do I need to order a new tube?

O7UvC4o.jpeg

I also seemed to have damaged my plastic pipe 🙃 I’m assuming I’ll need a new one now. Are there any vendors that sell individual replacements?

dMd9hb4.jpeg

Got the drop boxes affixed, they are roughly 1 inch away from my belt. My left one sits a bit lower than my right one, roughly a quarter of an inch or less! I affixed my left box with a rivet since there was more material to go through and my right box with a binding post!

ytmXKqX.jpeg

qpirFTJ.jpeg

j1VXkwT.jpeg

mnGsB7I.jpeg

18 hours ago, TheSenate501 said:

I also seemed to have damaged my plastic pipe 🙃 I’m assuming I’ll need a new one now. Are there any vendors that sell individual replacements?

dMd9hb4.jpeg

I believe Studio Creations does. Also you can check your local hardware store for that type of hose

Hi Justin this is looking really good and you should be able to get the hose sorted easily. Good positioning on the belt at your navel and not your waist. I wanted to share that your drop box straps look off white and you'll want to make sure that your chest/back armor strapping and your pouches match that same color per the belt section of the CRL.

• If using off-white cummerbund pouches and side straps, the drop box straps are also off-white.

Just something to keep in mind as you progress though your build. Keep up the great work this is really coming together!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Retrofire said:

Hi Justin this is looking really good and you should be able to get the hose sorted easily. Good positioning on the belt at your navel and not your waist. I wanted to share that your drop box straps look off white and you'll want to make sure that your chest/back armor strapping and your pouches match that same color per the belt section of the CRL.

• If using off-white cummerbund pouches and side straps, the drop box straps are also off-white.

Just something to keep in mind as you progress though your build. Keep up the great work this is really coming together!

Thank you for the feedback! I am still waiting on all my soft goods to come in, I do believe I’ll need to get some off-white pouches though. I didn’t know what color I’d get with the armor so I just told them to give me white pouches

4 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

I believe Studio Creations does. Also you can check your local hardware store for that type of hose

Could this hosing potentially work? Only thing I’m not too sure about is how stiff it’ll be or how to make it stiff

IMG_5007.png

If it's stiff enough it might be ok if all the dimensions check out. Might be worth taking your TD with the tube down to a few HW Stores in your area and compare them.

• Thanks 1

You'll want something that is fairly firm.  Like pool hosing.  So it can support the force of the rivets and the drill clips.  I don't know about that tubing you saw on Ace's website, but by the way it's all folded up in the package makes me think it might be a little too flexible.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Retrofire said:

If it's stiff enough it might be ok if all the dimensions check out. Might be worth taking your TD with the tube down to a few HW Stores in your area and compare them.

3 hours ago, BikerScout007 said:

You'll want something that is fairly firm.  Like pool hosing.  So it can support the force of the rivets and the drill clips.  I don't know about that tubing you saw on Ace's website, but by the way it's all folded up in the package makes me think it might be a little too flexible.  

I went to Ace and Lowe’s and didn’t really see anything that would have been stiff enough, however I was able to get in contact with MonCalsProps and they were able to get me hooked up with a replacement hose and belt clips!

• Like 1

For your pouches if they are white when you receive them you can give them a tea bath to get them to turn off white. There’s a few WIPs that have details on how. No need to shell out additional cash for an off-white set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since I am still waiting for my soft goods to arrive, hopefully sooner than later, I decided to start assembly on the back tank! I have drilled a 3mm hole into the black greebling and have applied E6000 and am now waiting for it to cure before I drill the next hole into the actual tank! The greebling sits at roughly 5/8 of an inch from the top of the tank.

I have also put the striping decals on as well as the rank bar decals! The pinstripe is roughly 1/2 an inch from the inside corner of the tank and 4 inches down from the top of the tank. The rank bars start roughly at an 1 1/4 inch from the top as well and are roughly 3/4 of an inch away from the edge. As always here are the pictures to correlate with what I have said!

FSbO6Bp.jpeg

C1tjc4q.jpeg

BW73dSn.jpeg

INTmqaY.jpeg

HipNxP7.jpeg

7Dwxa9j.jpeg

Y83BB8S.jpeg

eK8qNQc.jpeg

• Like 1

Soft goods finally came in and I seem to have a bit of an issue regarding sizing with armor and my pouches. I have a small torso and due to that I don’t have a lot of room to work with when it comes to spacing. In the pictures below my belt is above my hips at my waist, but where my cummerbund is it causes my pouches to go over the belt. I know I have to trim my chest armor at the shoulders since there is a gap in the back but I don’t know if I’ll be able to still have enough since it looks like I’ll have to trim a good amount to raise the armor and give it a snug fit. 

qdgWXdh.jpeg

2qQaZ6M.jpeg

FmcdEvq.jpeg

CsWEmib.jpeg

EyQRch8.jpeg

This is also how much space I have from the bottom of the pouches to the bottom of the cummerbund, not a lot of room for the belt to cover 😬

QcCeaJ4.jpeg

Since I now have all of the soft goods, minus the gloves, here is what I received!

Here is the vest:

M5La7Z9.jpeg

The shoulders are ribbed and padded on the inside

6yaPis6.jpeg
KNd09wV.jpeg

And the back is secured with 2 inch Velcro that is right over left!

97qAUsl.jpeg
t8hFy8D.jpeg

As for neck coverings I have a basic balaclava that is lightweight and breathable!

rTfx74Z.jpeg

I also have a neck seal that is all fabric. The seal does have a Velcro closure, however the actual Velcro is 1 and a half inches wide, but the actual stitching that is visible is .5 inches  

3bbVDuE.jpeg
5Z6iRAg.jpeg

09EfYs2.jpeg

For the flight suit it is a one piece suit that was tailored to my measurements as per KriptonTop’s instructions. 
KcoFe20.jpeg

The collar is not a mandarin style unfortunately but it is an open collar!

qVp0cyR.jpeg

For the butt flap and thigh patches are made of real suede and the thigh straps are elastic and 2 inches wide!

NCAn662.jpeg
LZ7eTme.jpeg

G6SJEwe.jpeg

Up next is the cummerbund and pouches!

the cummerbund is made of white fabric as are the pouches (going to dye them off white later this week as well as put some stuffing inside to make them pop).

AW1UY27.jpeg

The closure is made from Velcro that is two inches wide and as always has a closure that goes right over left!

seZa2Qo.jpeg

EulASU3.jpeg

There are five ribs on the front with six visible stitch lines. The ribs themselves are all one inch wide.

BU72UQf.jpeg
8KmdNWV.jpeg

The pouches will be 6 inches tall as well as 2 inches deep. However they seem to be a bit longer than 5 inches wide.

QIQH5Ke.jpeg
U9SvqPb.jpeg
sL3O773.jpeg

Pouches attachment tab is also folded over the top of the cummerbund, but KriptonTop also included some Velcro on the front to attach them that was as well, do not know if there is a preferred way or not.

4fsGy2T.jpeg

The pouches once filled will be one inch away from any ribs!

bYPUvan.jpeg

The bottom pouch closure is 2 inches wide

oc4kzAt.jpeg

The only measurement that seems to be out is the attachment tab as it is slightly longer than 5 inches

fjlcaKx.jpeg

Finally there is the codpiece! The black elastic is 2 inches wide. I will be attaching this later this week as well, not sure on where to attach it to yet but I was thinking to perhaps go with the back of the vest

jFpLadK.jpeg
HAkdHIT.jpeg
YxWYnbs.jpeg

Give this thread a read through. I have Velcro on the back of my vest where the strap connects to under my bund.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Retrofire said:

Give this thread a read through. I have Velcro on the back of my vest where the strap connects to under my bund.

3 hours ago, TreeHuggerMatt said:

I have been reading both of these threads and I think I am going to go with the Velcro on the back of the vest!

• Like 1

So one issue I am running into is regarding the pouches and space on my torso. I am currently reading several threads from smaller framed scouts to see what they have done. My issue right now is that I am 5’7 but my legs are much longer than my torso so I don’t have a lot of room to work with. I have trimmed the shoulder areas on my chest and back armor by about 2.5 inches and it definitely sits up higher and the armor is much more snug to my body now. However, when I put my belt on at either my waist or right on my hips, not below them, the pouches will ride over my belt. I’m still sizing stuff and I don’t have any pictures on hand but when I get off of work I will put everything on and post them. I know the CRL for level 2 requires the pouches be 6 inches high, 5 inches wide, and 2 inches deep but is there anything for level one that states I need those measurements? I would like to go for level 2 in the future so I would like to use those measurements now but would I be able to get some smaller pouches from a vendor or make them myself (I’ve never done anything like that so that would be interesting)?