Bill's ROTJ Biker Scout Build

Congratulations, Bill! 

Thank you, Pathfinders Command and Staff, for your attention to Bill's build thread. As GML, I rely heavily on Detachment Command, and value the input tremendously. 

Bill's process is a model for those building costumes. Bill possesses great skill and determination, so isn't necessarily representative of everyone, but the process can be. We suggest anyone building a costume get into the Detachments and lean on the experts there, then report back locally. This has been a pleasure to watch. 

Let's shoot for Lancer next! 

And we've got eyes on you, @Worst 👀

See you out trooping. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, I quickly learned that my cutting and sewing skills are not as sharp as my math skills, lol. I ended up having to pick up a bit more material and making the end pieces a bit larger. But it's all coming together. Let me know your thoughts. 20240304_163951.jpg20240304_163815.jpg20240304_163851.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nylon straps with tri-glide sliders attached with silver Chicago screws.20240304_170830.jpg20240304_170819.jpg

• Like 2

That looks sick!  Well done

• Like 2

That looks sick!  Well done
Thank you! Means a lot coming from you!

• Like 2

Getting ready for my first troop as a Scout next weekend, and I remember all too well how important it is to practice suiting up to see what goes wrong, lol. I've been working on securing things, adding a magnet to the blaster, etc. I also tried the old scuba diver trick of using liquid dish soap on the visor and buffing it out with a microfiber cloth to help prevent fogging.

Well, the t-shape on the right bicep fell off, so that got a dose of e6000 and is drying.

The fog was still an issue until I removed the bulky chin cup I was using. When I took it out, no more fogging. I'm going to velcro in a plain elastic strap to help stabilize the bucket.

Finally, the cummerbund is riding up on me. I was using velcro to secure it to the chest, but I'm going to loosen that up before next week.

Always do a shakedown cruise and ALWAYS pack a repair kit .Screenshot_20240310_112318_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240310_112329_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240310_112215_Gallery.jpg

• Like 4

Looking sharp Pathfinder! When at the troop you can always have another trooper give you a once over and help adjust items so you look your best. Hope you have a fantastic troop and don't forget to start a thread for your trooping log.

https://forum.501stpathfinders.com/forum/141-pathfinder-trooping-awards/

• Like 1

Looking great bill

bit too clean tho
I'll have to go dirty at some point

15 minutes ago, mrbill8128 said:

I'll have to go dirty at some point emoji16.png

That’s what she said. Huurr rhuurrr

Scout looks great. Can’t wait till het suit back to get mine cleared 

• Like 1