Kropserkel Helmet Build

3 hours ago, Utinni534 said:

Oh I actually bought those from imperial surplus, gotta find them again, but I have literally no clue how they go together 

Check this thread that Mickey posted earlier:

5 hours ago, Chopper said:

Check this thread that Mickey posted earlier:

On that topic, any recommendations for how to get a square hole in a round bit of plastic without having to use all of my knife?

A small file should do the trick and will allow you more control.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aradun said:

A small file should do the trick and will allow you more control.

That will work.  I just used a small hobby knife

20230728_193755.jpg?dl=0

Replaced the KS bars with Walts since they were all but destroyed since I apparently have very strong fingernails, but the whole helmet still almost looks like, wonky, and I'm really not sure at this point what's wrong with it

You need to trim the visor some more and get rid of the excess plastic.   The Lexan scissors will help you do that.    You want it looking more like this:

SWH%20Biker%2002.jpg

I would start with that

• Like 1

On 7/28/2023 at 8:41 PM, BikerScout007 said:

You need to trim the visor some more and get rid of the excess plastic.   The Lexan scissors will help you do that.    You want it looking more like this:

SWH%20Biker%2002.jpg

I would start with that

Trimmed out a bit more, do I need any more off the sides?20230731_154639.jpg?dl=0

I would take a little more off the sides and the top to get it closer to the picture Mickey posted earlier. Just take it in small steps. Material is easy to remove but hard to put back😉

• 2 months later...

My only concern would be what looks like a large print line or diagonal bump on the top portion of your snout piece. Your GML may flag that as something that needs to be addressed for basic approval.

I recommend shooting that pic to your GML now, to see if it will be an issue, rather than suiting up and then dealing with a delay in getting approved.

4 minutes ago, Aradun said:

My only concern would be what looks like a large print line or diagonal bump on the top portion of your snout piece. Your GML may flag that as something that needs to be addressed for basic approval.

I recommend shooting that pic to your GML now, to see if it will be an issue, rather than suiting up and then dealing with a delay in getting approved.

Yeah I realized that after I glued it on, might see if I can play with it a bit with a file instead of having to bust out the dremel again

• Like 1