Kropserkel Helmet Build

20230609_193248.jpg?dl=020230609_193254.jpg?dl=020230609_193302.jpg?dl=0Starting very slowly to put together a Kropserkel helmet, just applied the stickers and trying to clean up some left over markings from cutting, overall I don't think it's too bad a start

Side note, picture size seems too big to upload ATM, might fiddle with it and see if I can get the pictures online

• Like 2

Forum photo hosting space is unfortunately limited. You can externally host images, as per this thread:

One quick note if you're going for 501st approval. I see that you used the snout decal. As per the CRL: "Snout recess is painted black". You'll need to mask and paint the area matte black.

SWH%20Biker%2002.jpg

42 minutes ago, Chopper said:

One quick note if you're going for 501st approval. I see that you used the snout decal. As per the CRL: "Snout recess is painted black". You'll need to mask and paint the area matte black.

SWH%20Biker%2002.jpg

Black just for that tan part of the decal if im reading the CRL right, then just the top square portion of the aerator is grey if I got that right, just trying to figure out what paints I'll need

Basically what you'll have to do is remove the decal and paint that area matte black to match the CRL picture. The snout itself is medium gray and the aerator is matte black.

• Snout greeblie is medium gray and the aerator portion is painted black.
  • Snout recess is painted black.
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Retrofire said:

Basically what you'll have to do is remove the decal and paint that area matte black to match the CRL picture. The snout itself is medium gray and the aerator is matte black.

• Snout greeblie is medium gray and the aerator portion is painted black.
  • Snout recess is painted black.

Ah got it, I understand now, thank you

That whole portion should be black, though I advise you to get some flexible masking tape and then spraying it back, rather than trying to freehand.

The snout portion is gray, with the exception of the aerator, which is black. This is the part I'm talking about:

2018_kit_resin_snout.jpg

If you didn't get a part like that, then you might want to buy it from Studio Creations, here: https://www.studiocreations.com/howto/bikerscout/forsale_bike_replacementparts.html

I would bring it in slightly.

Here's some more ref photos for you. Note how the black doesn't totally cover the "edge" around the indent?

iwK7cks.jpg

ovnSZAH.jpg

MDipjfu.jpg

Got most of it done at the armor party, not perfect but im hoping it's alright for my first build, gotta switch the mesh on the ear holes for paint, and gotta add the nose stuff but I think it was okay20230617_201948.jpg?dl=020230617_201951.jpg?dl=020230617_201956.jpg?dl=020230617_202006.jpg?dl=0

Thanks for the pics. You're close, but you've got a few more things to do:

- that extra plastic on the faceplate at the bottom needs to go as it shouldn't be sticking out

- you need to trim out the inside of the visor a bit more as it shouldn't have a rounded/return edge to it

- your faceplate is a bit crooked sitting within the visor.

- the bolts are not in the correct place. The rounded bit at the top back corner of the visor (right around the bolt holes) should fit within the curve of the helmet line. Need to move those bolt holes back, probably at least a quarter inch/3/8" if I was to guess.

- Also, not sure if it's the angle, but the three forehead lines don't seem to be centered.

You're getting there, but as a former GML, that won't pass.

• Like 1

Yeah was a bit of a rush job, I do have another helmet coming with my Walt armor so might just use this one as a prop for my Jawa till it comes, I noticed the helmet actually is a bit, im gonna use the word wonky, that right hand side that has the gap between the blinder and the helmet is deformed quite a bit20230619_100055.jpg?dl=020230619_100106.jpg?dl=0

I would encourage you to keep working the fit of the KS helmet. Just as a heads up -- the WTF helmet is probably the most difficult helmet to fit and build that's currently available.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dart said:

Thanks for the pics. You're close, but you've got a few more things to do:

- that extra plastic on the faceplate at the bottom needs to go as it shouldn't be sticking out

- you need to trim out the inside of the visor a bit more as it shouldn't have a rounded/return edge to it

- your faceplate is a bit crooked sitting within the visor.

- the bolts are not in the correct place. The rounded bit at the top back corner of the visor (right around the bolt holes) should fit within the curve of the helmet line. Need to move those bolt holes back, probably at least a quarter inch/3/8" if I was to guess.

- Also, not sure if it's the angle, but the three forehead lines don't seem to be centered.

You're getting there, but as a former GML, that won't pass.

I agree the forehead lines aren't even close to centered, but they've been stuck on for quite a bit so not too sure if I'll be able to remove and place them better, for the placement of the visor and faceplate I'll probably need to drill out the rivets and trim some of the top part of the bucket off along where my temples are since that stuck out and I couldn't get the hole punch in deep enough, I'll probably need to cut out the tape used for the visor/faceplate connection since by now there's no way it will come off, then I'll have to play with the angles and see if I can get everything looking straight

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Utinni534 said:

I agree the forehead lines aren't even close to centered, but they've been stuck on for quite a bit so not too sure if I'll be able to remove and place them better, for the placement of the visor and faceplate I'll probably need to drill out the rivets and trim some of the top part of the bucket off along where my temples are since that stuck out and I couldn't get the hole punch in deep enough, I'll probably need to cut out the tape used for the visor/faceplate connection since by now there's no way it will come off, then I'll have to play with the angles and see if I can get everything looking straight

Yeah, it took me a couple kicks at the can before I got my KS helmet to look like it should. Just keep on going and it's all learning, right? It's definitely fixable.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Dart said:

Yeah, it took me a couple kicks at the can before I got my KS helmet to look like it should. Just keep on going and it's all learning, right? It's definitely fixable.

Broke it back down to face plate and visor separate from each other, what sort of return edge am I looking at on the visor, im literally 100% a noob at this so not sure what I'm looking for, the rivets that I used to initially attach the visor to helmet are being stubborn with the drill, but im worried about melting the plastic if it gets too hot, also trimmed the bottom edge of the face plate, just need to nip some rough edges and maybe sand it smooth?20230619_131946.jpg?dl=020230619_131808.jpg?dl=020230619_131801.jpg?dl=0

Alright, back to where I was before, holding as much as I can together with painters tape, I think it already looks better than it did before, but that will more or less be final positions for everything once I put everything together, is there anything else I need to change?20230619_170417.jpg?dl=020230619_170422.jpg?dl=020230619_170413.jpg?dl=0

Following for the comments.  Once of these days I'm going to have to wrestle with my Kropserkel helmet, too.  I can only sand the edges for so long before I need to move onto the next steps LOL

7 hours ago, kman said:

Following for the comments.  Once of these days I'm going to have to wrestle with my Kropserkel helmet, too.  I can only sand the edges for so long before I need to move onto the next steps LOL

I'm debating on buying a dremel and using that to smooth everything out, can't quite burn my hands on sand paper for the whole process lol