Endor 40th Reunion - June 3, 2023 8AM (Cheatham Grove)

BikerScout007

Thanks, I just wanted to be ready. If I'm going to head all the way up there for the shoot, I might as well get a troop in.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dalas367 said:

Thanks, I just wanted to be ready. If I'm going to head all the way up there for the shoot, I might as well get a troop in.

I'm pretty sure that's what all the organizers are hoping!  I will most likely not be trooping, just so I can focus on organizing, but I encourage everyone that wants to troop to sign up with GGG.

OKAY FOLKS THE TROOP HAS GONE LIVE!

If you wish to participate in the troop, you must sign up on the Golden Gate Garrison forum.  This will most likely involve you having to create a new account on their forum and getting 501st access first.  Here is the link to the troop:

https://www.501stggg.com/events/2023-06-03-forest-moon-festival-eureka-saturday-june-3-6pm-8pm/?fbclid=IwAR0KErp8qN7VF2gu2utAGXTWlx9srUinzpFHxMSXyfHl9xtUqYFHGKCbc2g

A few things to note:

1.  The troop is completely separate from the Photo.  They have nothing to do with one another.  You can do the photo and not the troop, or the troop and not the photo, or both!  HOWEVER -- DO NOT SHOW UP TO THE TROOP IN COSTUME WITHOUT SIGNING UP FOR IT FIRST.  For our safety, and the safety of the organizers and participants, the heads of the local costume groups have specifically asked that you sign up to troop if you wish to participate in the troop.   There are a lot of moving parts to this event, and the organizers are really going the extra yard for us.  Please don't take advantage of their goodwill.  Just sign up if you want to troop!

2.  Our photo is in the early morning, the troop is in the late afternoon/early evening.  Even though the locations are 40 minutes apart, there should be plenty of time for you to do both.  

3.  There is no trooping credit for doing just the Photo.  That is something we are doing for fun, as tourists that just happen to have screen accurate costumes :D 

4.  Fellow Pathfinder @kindabusy is the XO of GGG and the point person for the troop.  Please ask her any troop-specific questions.  I won't have the answer for you.  

MORE INFO ABOUT THE PHOTO SHOOT WILL BE FORTHCOMING!

• Like 5

• BikerScout007 changed the title to Endor 40th Reunion - June 3, 2023 9AM (Cheatham Grove)

Anyone have any GGG contacts. I've been waiting for days to get approved for their forums and was hoping to sign for the night troop on June 3rd if it's not too late.

22 minutes ago, gunnerd said:

Anyone have any GGG contacts. I've been waiting for days to get approved for their forums and was hoping to sign for the night troop on June 3rd if it's not too late.

@kindabusy?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gunnerd said:

Hi there! Our web team has been pretty quick with approving visiting members, they confirm sign ups with CO and XO. Please head to https://www.501stggg.com/sign-up/ and select 'Visiting Trooper' as the Registration Type. Once your account is approved, you should have access to our trooping signups. For the Forest Moon Festival troop, I have been checking and approving the sign ups everyday. We have until May 4th to RSVP our attendance. Hope this helps!

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, kindabusy said:

Hi there! Our web team has been pretty quick with approving visiting members, they confirm sign ups with CO and XO. Please head to https://www.501stggg.com/sign-up/ and select 'Visiting Trooper' as the Registration Type. Once your account is approved, you should have access to our trooping signups. For the Forest Moon Festival troop, I have been checking and approving the sign ups everyday. We have until May 4th to RSVP our attendance. Hope this helps!

Let's see if it works this time!

Thank you for applying for membership to the Golden Gate Garrison. An Imperial droid will review your details and send you a message letting you know whether your application has been successful or not. - ISB Officer #1977

On 4/21/2023 at 5:35 PM, gunnerd said:

Nope. Still in limbo.

Strange.... I'll message you directly.

Erik and I got it resolved. :)

Following up for others--

Please head to https://www.501stggg.com/sign-up/ and select 'Visiting Trooper' as the Registration Type. Our web team is very quick at approving visiting troopers, you should be approved by EOD at the latest. This is on the GGG side of things, but there is no approval email once your account has been approved. (And yes, we are currently working on it.) If you signed up for our forums, give it a day and you should be good to go to log in. I'd hate to bloat this thread with technical issues, so if you have an issue logging into our forums going forward, please message me directly.
Happy Trooping!

Sara

Latest update:  The Film Commission contacted me and said they have secured a much bigger parking lot at a nearby location as our parking/muster point.

The next step is booking local transports to take us over the Cheatham Grove.  Waiting on that news.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Dalas367 said:

Is there an address to new parking spot or a way to know where it's at to park our vehicles?

I'm not gonna keep it a secret.  When I have all the details I will pass them along!  I definitely don't want to be the only Scout in the photo!!!  :D

• Haha 1

Oh man, I live in Humboldt, and I'm so damn excited for this. I'm racing to get my first armor (ROTJ Scout Trooper) done in time for the event. Being only a month out, getting approval in time might be a long shot. Gonna bust my ass and try though.

• Thanks 1

Posting a friendly reminder that if you would like to troop the Forest Moon Festival troop on June 3 at 6pm, please sign up for the Golden Gate Garrison forums and sign up for the troop. The RSVP date is May 4th. 
sign up here: https://www.501stggg.com/events/2023-06-03-forest-moon-festival-eureka-saturday-june-3-6pm-8pm/?fbclid=IwAR0KErp8qN7VF2gu2utAGXTWlx9srUinzpFHxMSXyfHl9xtUqYFHGKCbc2g
Thanks,

Sara

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Hey folks!  

Trying to get an accurate account for the film commission for the photo shoot.  If for any reason you have to drop out, please post below so I can take you off the interest list!

On 5/2/2023 at 12:30 PM, kindabusy said:

Posting a friendly reminder that if you would like to troop the Forest Moon Festival troop on June 3 at 6pm, please sign up for the Golden Gate Garrison forums and sign up for the troop. The RSVP date is May 4th. 
sign up here: https://www.501stggg.com/events/2023-06-03-forest-moon-festival-eureka-saturday-june-3-6pm-8pm/?fbclid=IwAR0KErp8qN7VF2gu2utAGXTWlx9srUinzpFHxMSXyfHl9xtUqYFHGKCbc2g

Hey gang! I'm happy to share that the event requestor is extending the RSVP date to May 28th. Please sign up before then!
Thanks!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hey Endor Photo peeps!

I sent an email out to everyone who signed the interest list with a map of the meet up location.  Let me know if you didn't get it!

Sorry I'm late to the party... a few of us from San Diego have been trying to figure out whether we can make the logistics work. I just signed up on your interest list, if it is not too late.

12 minutes ago, Tydirium said:

Sorry I'm late to the party... a few of us from San Diego have been trying to figure out whether we can make the logistics work. I just signed up on your interest list, if it is not too late.

Okay well please let me know as soon as you can whether you'll be able to make it or not.  I will get you up to speed soon.  

• Thanks 1

I thought I was on the interest list but realized I never got an email. Just submitted to the list again in case I wasn’t already on it. 🤦‍♂️

• BikerScout007 changed the title to Endor 40th Reunion - June 3, 2023 8AM (Cheatham Grove)
21 minutes ago, Ubermensch said:

I thought I was on the interest list but realized I never got an email. Just submitted to the list again in case I wasn’t already on it. 🤦‍♂️

You signed up just in time.  I am about to send out the next email blast.  

Okay folks, I have sent out the latest email blast, containing all the info you will need for the photo shoot next week!

I have changed the meetup time to 8AM.  We are on a very tight schedule and it's important everyone is suited up and ready to be transported on time!

If you have not gotten the email, please let me know.  And if you can't make it, please also let me know!

• Like 1