My helmet was a fail, but I need to know if the weathering is too much.

Whistler

Afternoon pathfinders,

I started my Patrol trooper build nearly 3 years ago, and finally managed to get all the requisite parts together only to crash and burn on my first try at approval haha.  I would like to know if the weathering on the armor I have is too much.  In the pictures you’ll see the helmet is off, one of the greeblies on the back shin armor is broken which I’ve fixed since.  Just need tips on where to get a completed helmet and how to chill this weathering if it’s too much.  Thank you all for your advice and help in advance.

DD07F553-E4F3-4791-84CD-2A9128C48AB8.jpeg

8F949D06-1B51-4BB9-96ED-2842FE9855B1.jpeg

0F7F3CF1-2B3C-4072-A92F-0D158D05EB8B.jpeg

966B01E8-67FB-4A93-9772-9CC22CC4DD66.jpeg

• Like 1

• Whistler changed the title to My helmet was a fail, but I need to know if the weathering is too much.

Hello there!!

I'm not a GML but I think that overall it looks fine to me. The baton seems missing but it's optional so no problem there. What I do see is that you have the forearms upside down, but cannot tell from your pictures whether they are assembled correctly or if it just a matter of placing them at 180°. Regarding the helmet, what I see is that it seems a different tone of white, maybe? And maybe some more weathering to match the one in the armor, maybe that is why it seems a lighter white in comparison.

Those are my two cents, but as I said, I am not a GML so don't take my word for it, please double-check before making any changes based on my answer.

I have been at it the same amount of time, 3 years or so and still waaaaay behind you. Hope to finish it and that it turns out as cool as yours.

• Thanks 1

Thanks @MatuteX77! Yeah after armory shop props went down patrol trooper parts are at a premium.  I have the baton i just literally forgot to put it on.  I did put the forearms on wrong which is what my GML in Central California Garrison identified.  Does anybody have a good source for a helmet? Besides being off-white it’s also missing a couple other things

I’m tagging in @MrPoopie and @troygordon2 who may be able to get you sorted on the helmet.  

The weather looks fine but as @Hasksaid, don't go any further. The rest of the details seem like you know where you were in error.

With the unavailability of ArmoryShop Patrol parts are pretty difficult to source right now. PM @troygordon2 about the helmet.

If you can post photos before submitting to your GML we can help you avoid any further issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...